Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

we should just remove all extra stuff

it just takes away from the truly competitive experience, after all only the competitive side of the FGC matters and only their opinions should be catered to

fuck everyone else, stay out of my fighting game
That kind of goes in line with the philosophy that if your game isn't fun with boxes for graphics, you made a bad game, so it actually has some merit... Kind of. Not that I would agree with the end effect but...

• Sophita isn’t seen marrying Rothion, but her ending is instead providing inspiration for Siegfried’s redemption.
  • You don’t kill Maxi’s crew with Astaroth.
  • Ivy’s story ends before learning about Cervantes from Taki.
  • Yoshimitsu is a jobber apparently being fought by Maxi and Taki.
  • Cervantes, Azwel, and Siegfried’s stories need to be unlocked.

• You mean her story ends before she marries Rothion. The Siegfried part happens before she returns home to do so. (their engagement is why they went to Haphaestus in the first place)
  • That's because it happens in the main/Maxi's story. The stories skip around and avoid repeating chapters covered in other stories. It's why Nightmare's story is so short.
  • Ivy's final big story battle is battling Taki and learning she's Cervantes' daughter from her.

--Forgon

Last edited:
lbDhfZI.png
The next hope becomes that the entire series' soundtrack will be available. There was a museum screenshot some pages back that featured all the games.

All of my casual friends that are interested in buying SC6 asked me about how good CaS is. Saying that it's not necessary is equal with wanting the game to commit casual suicide. The competitive scene is too small to support it financially. And I love this feature, personally. But I won't lie and say it doesn't need to be reworked. Hoping SC6 will sell enough so we can get close to SC3 level of content in the next one. It's the only way..

That kind of goes in line with the philosophy that if your game isn't fun with boxes for graphics, you made a bad game, so it actually has some merit... Kind of. Not that I would agree with the end effect but...
tbh we shouldn't even have a diverse cast, or graphics, or stages, or music, anything but mechanics and a blank poly model

a truely competitive fighting game made for real fighting game players would be just two standard models who play exactly the same that way only the better competitive fighter is able to win in the competitive match competitively

the only game mode should be ranked match too because that's all that matters in the competitive fighting game even though everyone says online ranking is pointless and means very little.

tbh we shouldn't even have a diverse cast, or graphics, or stages, or music, anything but mechanics and a blank poly model

a truely competitive fighting game made for real fighting game players would be just two standard models who play exactly the same that way only the better competitive fighter is able to win in the competitive match competitively

the only game mode should be ranked match too because that's all that matters in the competitive fighting game even though everyone says online ranking is pointless and means very little.
Close, but no cigar, you do not need such an extravagant thing as models in the most competitive game. The game should e reduced to a single button input, otherwise it's unnecesary dredge that takes away from the core competitive experiance... Yes. Balance.

we should just remove all extra stuff

it just takes away from the truly competitive experience, after all only the competitive side of the FGC matters and only their opinions should be catered to

fuck everyone else, stay out of my fighting game

You must not be able to read very well if that's how you interpreted what I said. I just want an online game mode in Soulcalibur about you know, Soulcalibur characters, not someones shit OC or their troll character or their character that they made to cater to their creepy fetishes. And ranked was the only chance at that really happening.

Close, but no cigar, you do not need such an extravagant thing as models in the most competitive game. The game should e reduced to a single button input, otherwise it's unnecesary dredge that takes away from the core competitive experiance... Yes. Balance.

alright i'll stop shitposting for a sec and just say, i feel bad for the people that don't want to fight CaS cause it can be kinda cancer, I know because i did some of the things they're complaining about although only in player match where fun is the focus and not high level play. i just think people are being a little over dramatic about it.

i would be more sympathetic if some people weren't being so elitist about it too. like I played ranked a bit in V and I honestly don't remember running into that big of an issue that some are saying, it could just be anecdotal but idk. i'm fairly certain that at the lower ranks you will see CaS a bit more but at higher ranks it becomes less of a problem

alright i'll stop shitposting for a sec and just say, i feel bad for the people that don't want to fight CaS cause it can be kinda cancer, I know because i did some of the things they're complaining about although only in player match where fun is the focus and not high level play. i just think people are being a little over dramatic about it.

i would be more sympathetic if some people weren't being so elitist about it too. like I played ranked a bit in V and I honestly don't remember running into that big of an issue that some are saying, it could just be anecdotal but idk. i'm fairly certain that at the lower ranks you will see CaS a bit more but at higher ranks it becomes less of a problem
I do have to admit that if I met as many trollish or bad CaS characters as most people here aparently have, I might have been quite traumatised, but I've really met some fine pieces of work. Well, aside one bikini babe with all possible joke weapons variants back in SC4... *shudder*

lbDhfZI.png
The next hope becomes that the entire series' soundtrack will be available. There was a museum screenshot some pages back that featured all the games.

So what's happening on this screen, you can reassign which stage music you put on each stage?

And yes I also saw a screen a while back that listed the other soul calibur games in the museum but it wasn't clear what it was for. Logic would follow that they might have included the soundtracks from the other games. After all tekken 7 had this!

Oh dear lord, please let it be.

Back