Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Its kinda telling that they have to explain to you what Unemployed means.

Not really because some people treat "not working" and "unemployed" the same, it's a very common misconception between the two. I don't work because of illness and I'm medically signed off from working. The option really should have said unemployed or not working.

Anyway I filled out the survey and this is what I put in the comment box. If anyone has a Twitter account just send this to Okubo if you agree in a vain attempt that he will pass on the suggestions to the development team to look at.

Soul Calibur 6 Wishlist.png

Not really because some people treat "not working" and "unemployed" the same, it's a very common misconception between the two. I don't work because of illness and I'm medically signed off from working. The option really should have said unemployed or not working.
Yeah immediately after posting I was thinking if I needed to clarify that point.

well I'm sure i'm not the only one who complained about the way the armor broke.

To offset, I gave the art design team and the music department team huge props
The armor break is ok, except mitsu being in underwear. That's to far, what really needs to happen is clothes rip and not explosion. Which is wierd cause some does look ripped while others explodes off. Of course its low budget and JP dev doesn't have talent for physics, details etc except for boobs.

Last edited:
Wow that survey is directly asking for which characters feel too strong and are unbalanced :p
Obviously they wont use this as the sole criteria for balance changes
I made sure to say that the Tournament scene was a driving force for me to purchase.

They even ask about the grammar and dialogue in different language. In order to help our "leaks" out from the localization teams, I supposed I'm compelled to give them extra points.

View attachment 54944
Where's Soul Calibur Pachislot, Broken Destiny, Legends, and Unbreakable Soul ??

View attachment 54946
Its kinda telling that they have to explain to you what Unemployed means.

You can be damned sure I let them know how restrictive the current command mapping (rather than button mapping) option is.

With that survey, I found it odd that for #10 when the question asked "What were the 3 most important factors that drove you to buy or ask for SOULCALIBUR VI?," there was never a "I've been a longtime fan of the series," option. There should be a survey on the survey

I've taken a picture of my copy of the PC Collector's Edition, which was only available in the Bandai Namco EU store. Here it is:

collectorsedition.jpg

I know international shipping can be slow so I waited a few weeks for it. But 3 weeks seemed a bit excessive, so I contacted Namco support. Turns out there was an error in the system and the collector's edition wasn't actually ever dispatched (of course, nothing went wrong with the payment). And it's now out of stock so they can't send one anymore, so I ended up getting a refund. So yeah, that whole thing was a bit stupid.

For the life of me I cannot understand how Bamco gave this Ivy a pass into the final game. She's got so many over-the-top perks that it just becomes ridiculous. Too many people have grasped her advantages and abuse them to high hell. I can't even begin to describe the acrobatics I have done with Siegfried just to get in close to some top Ivy users, and even then she easily takes it home with her auto-GIs. Jesus allmighty.

On a sidenote, when someone clearly abuses these kind of advantages and manages to utterly dominate a room, how is that fun for them? I just saw a guy with 58 straight wins, only using Ivy, the same broken moves, without ANY real competition. How is that fun? I would be so bored out of my mind knowing I'm winning in this manner.

For the life of me I cannot understand how Bamco gave this Ivy a pass into the final game. She's got so many over-the-top perks that it just becomes ridiculous. Too many people have grasped her advantages and abuse them to high hell. I can't even begin to describe the acrobatics I have done with Siegfried just to get in close to some top Ivy users, and even then she easily takes it home with her auto-GIs. Jesus allmighty.

On a sidenote, when someone clearly abuses these kind of advantages and manages to utterly dominate a room, how is that fun for them? I just saw a guy with 58 straight wins, only using Ivy, the same broken moves, without ANY real competition. How is that fun? I would be so bored out of my mind knowing I'm winning in this manner.
Agreed ivy needs to get nerfed. This is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: AJV

What do you do with quick, aggressive characters in your face though? She doesnt have enough fast options to deal with that. What do you use to push them out?

Agreed ivy needs to get nerfed. This is getting ridiculous.

I usually beat Ivy players with Groh but Ivy mirrors are trash.

What do you do with quick, aggressive characters in your face though? She doesnt have enough fast options to deal with that. What do you use to push them out?
I appreciate the intent of your reply but it really only serves as trying to justify her current status. It shouldn't be THIS kind of a struggle to even get close to her. It needs to get patched asap. Trash her long distance throw and the autoGI CE and she'll be more in line with the rest of the roster.

I appreciate the intent of your reply but it really only serves as trying to justify her current status. It shouldn't be THIS kind of a struggle to even get close to her. It needs to get patched asap. Trash her long distance throw and the autoGI CE and she'll be more in line with the rest of the roster.

There wasnt anything intended with my reply except that i legitimately want to know what moves you use against characters like Groh or Taki for example because they are kicking my ass at the moment.

I'd like to point out that Ivy's 2A+G which i assume is supposed to be a mixup with 2B+K and thus the reason its so dangerous, can just be GIed by the opponent so they dont even have to care about the high low mixup. So it isnt really a mixup.

Edit: didnt realize i typed 2A+B instead of 2A+G. Fixed that.

Last edited:
Stay in her face and jab her. Also, they are never going to get rid of her Vile Condemnation low throw or the Auto-GI on her CE. They purposefully gave that as part of her kit. It follows the text given to explain the style when selecting it in Creation. They fixed the hitbox for that throw before launch.

Back