Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I used to lose everytime i played that until i started making all of my moves with the intention of threatening more than one piece at a time. I wouldn't say that made me good by any standard but i did start winning matches against players i otherwise wouldn't be.

And that is the extent of my chess-pertise.
I've been playing since I was 5 but I'm no Bobby Fischer. I'm around 2200 elo.

Those GIs though. Literally instantly. Even pros aren't that fast.
That was the intended use of guard impacts in previous soulcaliburs (really short window and selectively high or low).
They dumbed down scVI like no Tomorrow but people in scV could reliably Just Guard online… that is way harder than those guard impacts.

If he used a bot first things you would see would be astaroth blocking or jumping geralt lows, NEVER wiffing (backstep is long enough to avoid going short for most people figure a bot) and duck attacking highs (also would never use astaroth for a bot).
There are so many signs of human mistakes there, that's unlikely a bot.

It's not exactly uncommon for a GI to work out like that on prediction, not speed. Mind you they also have a precise window for GI in this that actually gives you meter. Not a lot, around 1/4 of a bar, but I'd say that's worth it. May not be the case right now, but people will probably practice that like I intend to work on occasionally so they can build and spend meter faster. The gameplay looks a bit suspect and like low-difficulty AI, but no way to tell, and it's not like there aren't people who might play like that.

Maximum amount of displayed rooms online is 9, right? Surely there must be more than 9 active rooms at all times but the search always shows the same 9 rooms. I mean, am I missing something here? Why can't it show more rooms?

And why have they cut the option to search for rooms based on number of players?

Yeah pc master race, thats why you have to keep upgrading it to keep up with new games. Meanwhile console gamers can keep their same piece of hardware for 6-8 years...

Ill keep my ps4 thank you very much
Lol, I have bought my PC four and a half years ago, no upgrades so far, no malfunctions and it runs SC6 no problem. And it was a mid-range budget PC to begin with, far from a top model.

Yeah pc master race, thats why you have to keep upgrading it to keep up with new games.
Yes, PC players have to constantly upgrade their computers so they can run new games that have the same specs as games from 5 years ago. No, they don't do that because like console users, when you have the specs at the start you're set for an entire generation.

I mean, unless you're talking about needing new hardware to keep up with the latest bells and whistles because...
Meanwhile console gamers can keep their same piece of hardware for 6-8 years...
61cZ%2BAiiz0L._SX355_.jpg

1b1cd79d-cd43-4ad8-b79c-850a7e7e0d34_1.4c6589b0d40393a0d045594981c8e66b.jpeg

Yes, PC players have to constantly upgrade their computers so they can run new games that have the same specs as games from 5 years ago. No, they don't do that because like console users, when you have the specs at the start you're set for an entire generation.

I mean, unless you're talking about needing new hardware to keep up with the latest bells and whistles because...
61cZ%2BAiiz0L._SX355_.jpg

1b1cd79d-cd43-4ad8-b79c-850a7e7e0d34_1.4c6589b0d40393a0d045594981c8e66b.jpeg
so far there has not been an xbox one x or ps4pro EXCLUSIVE game that is not also able to play on the base models

so far there has not been an xbox one x or ps4pro EXCLUSIVE game that is not also able to play on the base models
The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are very PC-like things. They're optional upgrades which let you run games with better graphics or framerate. You definitely don't have to keep upgrading your hardware to keep up to date (that's only true if you're the kind of person who must play all games at the highest settings). PC games usually only see a massive increase in hardware requirements whenever a new console generation starts.

For instance, Soul Calibur 6 has relatively low requirements (yay, I'm staying on topic now) and that should run fine on any PC as long as it isn't too old. I've got a fairly beefy PC and it's complete overkill for the game. If I put everything on highest, play at 1440p, and unlock the framerate, I get over 200 fps.

The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are very PC-like things. They're optional upgrades which let you run games with better graphics or framerate. You definitely don't have to keep upgrading your hardware to keep up to date (that's only true if you're the kind of person who must play all games at the highest settings). PC games usually only see a massive increase in hardware requirements whenever a new console generation starts.

For instance, Soul Calibur 6 has relatively low requirements (yay, I'm staying on topic now) and that should run fine on any PC as long as it isn't too old. I've got a fairly beefy PC and it's complete overkill for the game. If I put everything on highest, play at 1440p, and unlock the framerate, I get over 200 fps.
What video card do you have?

Back