Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

No no no it's way too early for balance patches! Just fix the glitches and let the chips fall where they may. I don't wanna see characters get ruined or characters becoming god-tier.

remember what happened to viola in 1.02? Nuff said.

Edit, besides, I feel like the balance is pretty damn good as it is. Astaroth isn't as weak as y'all claim, and neither is taki

No no no it's way too early for balance patches! Just fix the glitches and let the chips fall where they may. I don't wanna see characters get ruined or characters becoming god-tier.

Edit, besides, I feel like the balance is pretty damn good as it is. Astaroth isn't as weak as y'all claim, and neither is taki
It will most likely be one of few balance patches so it won't hurt to temper some characters *cough* Azwel *cough*

I'm genuinely curious. What balance changes to Astaroth or Taki would make them god-tier?

Secondary question: Do you really think that making Astaroth's hitboxes not suck would be enough to make him god-tier? You can't actually think his laughably wonky hitboxes are an intentional balance choice, can you?

:sc1min1:Soul and Heart Girl, Rambling Runaway, Underboob Queen, Daughter of the Bladed Rod, 1B :sc4min1:

You've got to post this in response.

Ur Open.png

Its not addictive, overwatch is addictive.

Overwatch is home to one of the most toxic communities I've ever encountered. All the pretentious nerds raging over voice chat is more than enough to dissolve any of its addictive qualities, which is unfortunate because it is actually a really good game.

SCVI in my opinion is quite addictive and is one of the better fighters I've played in the past decade. There's a lot to learn but it's also easy to casually pick up and play. Personally I'd like to see the casual lobbies fixed ASAP. A hear a lot of people saying this is mostly and Xbox issue, but I'm playing on PS4 and am experiencing the same problem. Ranked runs great for me, I never disconnect and I rarely catch any lag. That aside there's plenty of bugs that need working out but it's refreshing to see Okubo taking these things seriously.

The only thing gameplay related that needs a patch is Astaroth's bad/whiffing hitboxes and probably Azwel's backstep. Tira shouldn't get headaches unless it's recoil for low health (Which still sucks).

Things should be more versatile in creation, for example, you can wear cyclone bikini and raven leggings together and the underwear clips completely.

Fixing match errors would be great, I'm tired of select screen errors or matches ending due to players leaving sessions

Creations in Ranked should be forced to be the proper height. There shouldn't be max height Talim's, minimum height Nightmare's, etc.

If you need incentive, you can stand almost directly in front of someone and use 2A+G if you make an Ivy CaS slightly tall instead of tall. The long range combo's still work with little adjustments.

I don't care too much but that's all I can think of. There's a ton of hitbox shenanigans probably but Astaroth needs help.

I'm genuinely curious. What balance changes to Astaroth or Taki would make them god-tier?

Secondary question: Do you really think that making Astaroth's hitboxes not suck would be enough to make him god-tier? You can't actually think his laughably wonky hitboxes are an intentional balance choice, can you?
That would be a glitch then?

But changing it would still affect balance. It would make Astaroth less awful. So my point is that it's not too early for a balance patch.

There's also a lot of wonky stuff that I'd like to see changed. Like the fact that both of Taki's PO throws can be broken with the same input. Does it make any difference whether it was a glitch or intentional? It's dumb, and I think that's a good enough reason to change it.

Overwatch is home to one of the most toxic communities I've ever encountered. All the pretentious nerds raging over voice chat is more than enough to dissolve any of its addictive qualities, which is unfortunate because it is actually a really good game.

SCVI in my opinion is quite addictive and is one of the better fighters I've played in the past decade. There's a lot to learn but it's also easy to casually pick up and play. Personally I'd like to see the casual lobbies fixed ASAP. A hear a lot of people saying this is mostly and Xbox issue, but I'm playing on PS4 and am experiencing the same problem. Ranked runs great for me, I never disconnect and I rarely catch any lag. That aside there's plenty of bugs that need working out but it's refreshing to see Okubo taking these things seriously.
Lol voice chat, thats your problem. I dont talk on voice chats which I dont hear your problem. As for addictive, overwatch was my most played of last year and most likely according to sony. I said I'm done with it but I end up back on it the hours later. TBH I was more addictive to injustice 2 and spent more time offline while I stay more online on sci.

But changing it would still affect balance. It would make Astaroth less awful. So my point is that it's not too early for a balance patch.

There's also a lot of wonky stuff that I'd like to see changed. Like the fact that both of Taki's PO throws can be broken with the same input. Does it make any difference whether it was a glitch or intentional? It's dumb, and I think that's a good enough reason to change it.
Takis throws get broken with same input. Thats my main so you saying you land a throw and you press the input again you self break it.

No, the opponent can break both of her posession throws with the same input. It's not a 50/50 like nearly every other throw in the game.

Back