Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Edit: Off topic, but I just saw a Street Fighter V video...correct me if I'm wrong, but they straight up copied Viola's gimmick.

Capcom has gone hard with SFV by taking inspirations from SC and Tekken characters.

Viola > Menat
Ivy > Falke
Steve Fox > Ed

And Balrog got a lot of Steve moves as well

But it's more obvious on Viola/ Menat yeah lol

Capcom has gone hard with SFV by taking inspirations from SC and Tekken characters.

Viola > Menat

Viola isn't an original design, she's is pretty much inspired by Amakusa. Soul Calibur has a lot of characters inspired by Samurai Shodown which has a lot of characters inspired by Ninja Scroll.

Multiple errors while playing casual matches. Takes ages to find someone in ranked. The balance is awful between some chars. 2 months since the game has been out and nothing new. This game is really good but they need to step it up.

First time trying ranked since SCIV. Players don't seem to get any RP at all when losing? Doesn't seem like a very encouraging system.

First time trying ranked since SCIV. Players don't seem to get any RP at all when losing? Doesn't seem like a very encouraging system.
Players actually lose RP for loosing unless the difference in ranks between them is too big, in which case they are excused and lose nothing.

Players actually lose RP for loosing unless the difference in ranks between them is too big, in which case they are excused and lose nothing.
Losing RP is even worse imo. Not that I care that much, but they could have made a continously rewarding system based off certain achievements during rounds, with bonuses/reductions tied to wins/losses. Straight out getting minus-punished for losing is off-putting.

The ranking system in this game is already one of the most forgiving I've ever played in. Unless you have a dreadful win rate, you will generally continue to rise in rank until you're above the curve and end up losing more and gaining less for the wins.

If you have a ranking system entirely based upon progression, then it becomes a battle of time investment as opposed to skill. Which this system already caters to up to a certain point.

Viola isn't an original design, she's is pretty much inspired by Amakusa. Soul Calibur has a lot of characters inspired by Samurai Shodown which has a lot of characters inspired by Ninja Scroll.

I do not know much about those games, but yeah if you say so XD. But for SF5 i was shock how Capcom push it that far, it goes even into the lore. Ed boxer, says 1,2,3 when he punches, blond, victim of experimentation by shadoloo, Steve Fox, says 1,2,3 (4) when he punches, Boxer, Blond, Victim of experimentation in Mishima Zaibatsu, like really LOL.

So yeah to not go too Off topic can't wait for 2B to drop, i wanna know so bad now who's the last 2 characters, at least just tell us if Setsuka is in or not lol , i'm pretty sure that one of the 2 is gonna be Cassandra tho, would be awesome to see her back tbh

@LisaK Menat is a great character design for sure, just saying she was heavily inspired from Viola. Imo the best characters SF5 introduced are G, Menat and Zeku.

Ninja Scroll isn't a game, it's a anime film but the designs of those characters heavily inspired the character designs for Samurai Shodown. I recommend watching Ninja Scroll (specifically the film), it's incredible to watch even now.

Watched Ninja Scroll but it's been a huge while, but i think i'm gonna take your advice and watch it again, just watched a small clip and still looks dope to this day.

Talim & Mitsurugi in Ninja Scroll Kappa
ninjascroll.jpg

Back