Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Hi. I'm here to laugh about Ivy being spared and Grøh getting better safety or recovery on his good moves. WRA knockdown is great. What happened for Sieg and Nightmare getting their signature ring out throw nerfed? Why does Tira still have to get headaches when using B+K and successfully transitioning? I'm sad about Geralt's counter.
Actually if I understand it correctly Ivy will have more scaling off her moves which should limit her overall DMG as well. But we'll see it in practice soon enough. I'm also pretty damn unsatisfied with Geralt changes as of now

My thoughts on the Mi-Na changes:
  • First and foremost, I'm fine w/ the 44B+K combo damage getting nerfed.
  • The 44A whiff issue was rather annoying at times, amd it ended up costed me rounds. So I'm glad they fixed that.
  • While rising B+K...I still have PTSD after the few times I accidentally rung myself out w/ this move lma0
  • 6A+B..."reduced the opening after the attack"? That translation is weird, but I assume it's safer now?
  • 46A+G's changes are fine. I don't really use this throw much, since 22/88K is a better tool for guard crushing.

Long story short, no complaints. She's still a queen.

Actually if I understand it correctly Ivy will have more scaling off her moves which should limit her overall DMG as well. But we'll see it in practice soon enough. I'm also pretty damn unsatisfied with Geralt changes as of now

Some of her launchers and 22K, although i didnt even know a lot was possible after that sweep besides maybe one hit.
But it said it reduced scaling on the BT B+K so it looks like they want us doing that instead of the combos involving manually turning around with strict timing.

...i wonder how much CS got buffed.
:sc1ivy1:

Last edited:
I'm not certain how I feel about the Voldo changes, but I am glad Talim received some attention. The lack of buffs for Tira and Raphael are disconcerting.

--Forgon

I’m surprised that they nerfed Nightmare to hell. He didn’t need that many changes, like my god.
Yes he did needed a nerf, Siegfried need more nerfs, ivy needs more as well. At least my taki doesnt haves nerfs, also talim got buffs which is ok. Also for nightmare/seigfred that ringout, if its that flip over ring out good thats one of the lamest moves. I learned to read it and block it when getting close to edge but still annoying.

Last edited:
It feels like they did to Azwel what that did to Raphael in SCV. It looks like they butchered his major moves. Moves like his 6A,A might be punishable now. He was not THAT difficult to deal with; the players bitching about him being "op" were just scrubby crybabies that didn't bother study his moves in training
I think Nightmare has it worse imo. His nerfs were unnecessary in comparison to Azwel’s. I kinda understand why some people would get frustrated with Azwel’s gameplan and frames (besides I’m still adjusting to this matchup myself). But Nightmare? He’s barely a mid tier with already god awful frames.

I'm not certain how I feel about the Voldo changes
Most of those changes, even the balance changes, seemed like bug fixes to things that were unintended so I expected a lot of them. The 2 air ring outs especially cause the distance they were covering didn't look like something that was supposed to happen.

Yes he did needed a nerf, Siegfried need more nerfs, ivy needs more as well. At least my taki doesnt haves nerfs, also talim got buffs which is ok. Also for nightmare/seigfred that ringout, if its that flip over ring out good thats one of the lamest moves. I learned to read it and block it when getting close to edge but still annoying.
Yeah really.

Is that so. I suggest you examine the character more closely and THEN ask to see if he needed a nerf or not.

Since 2B can be customized like the others, any word on if her costume can be used on different characters as well?

Objectively the strongest as Azwel was, I do think he got hit a bit hard. Granted, I don't know his individual move notations too well, mostly know them by the look of them. The only change he really needed this early on for me was a nerf to his movespeed, which was on there. His backstep was like 2x, if not 3x better than the next best backstep. As a Talim player, he could literally just walk back at any point and never be able to be hit.

Annoying as ring outs are, I'm sort of annoyed that Sieg and Nightmare lost their throw ring outs.

I'm glad Geralt's parry costs more meter, it should. It was just a better GI that could ring out. He should have to use GIs at some point.

If I'm reading it right Ivy can only deflect verticals now on her CE, which is nice. It should have been more specific if it was going to come out regardless of GIing something.

Talim changes are mostly good, but nothing too game changing, which is fine. Seems she is going to be doing less damage on her big punishes, but will have more avenues to get consistent damage and be a bit safer as a whole. Not horrible.

Astaroth damage buffs... make me scared. That character scares me already, no matter how bugged his hitboxes are/were.

Raph is still ridiculously slept on, and these changes aren't going to change that. So long as he gets 10i AA NC 40 dmg knockdown combos, he's not going anywhere.

Ivy and Yoshi still insanely good.

Overall glad they didn't go too nuts with the changes. Game is still young to be throwing out a million alterations. Although this is supposedly only 1/2 balance patches. So that's a little disconcerting.

angel step B and twin angel step B were always a bit much, for the past few games, glad to see they got some sense finally. The move is so good, that it literally defines her gameplay. One of the best punishers, long range, tracking vertical mid, and used in almost all her combo's. That move did too much for having that kind of damage.

Or maybe I just hate sophitia that much.

angel step B and twin angel step B were always a bit much, for the past few games, glad to see they got some sense finally. The move is so good, that it literally defines her gameplay. One of the best punishers, long range, tracking vertical mid, and used in almost all her combo's. That move did too much for having that kind of damage.

Or maybe I just hate sophitia that much.

Yeah, i would call that the dragon punch of this series. It has always been like that but i never thought it was a bad thing.

Raph is still ridiculously slept on, and these changes aren't going to change that. So long as he gets 10i AA NC 40 dmg knockdown combos, he's not going anywhere.
Knew it.
They could fix raph or just choose a lazy workaround.
We already knew what they would choose.

Now they kept the stupid thing and turned the characters with the easiest command into one of the most complex…despite it will be extremely counterintuitive to face a character that has stupid frames on block to read.

And that will lead to the usual nerf into the ground in the future because people will complain.
(how many people outside tournaments can recognize an AGcancel prep from a normal prep?).

Back