Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Was playing libra of souls and...
0D6C9393-C7AF-4468-8A63-9EBA574CB2F3.jpeg

7C5AE4EB-004C-47D8-A814-E5C7788D7A46.jpeg

I’m ded

Just downloaded 2B, so I got into training mode. It stuttered and lagged crazy bad on character select. Didn't load the opponent model (Tira) for a solid 30 sec, even after stage was selected.

Last edited:
As someone who played both Gestalt and Automata, I appreciate the fan service they did by including, not just Grimoire Weiss and Emil, but the weapon sets from both games. They brought over the Beast weapons & Phoenix weapons from Gestalt and the Type-40 & Machine weapons from Automata. A nitpick is that they didn't bring the spear versions of those weapons and has to use the Virtuous spear. Odd choice, if you ask me. I also like that they incorporated her as a multi-weapon fighter and not "another Mitsu," like some people thought she'd turn out. Also...she seems to load on the creation screen longer than any other character. Hopefully, they fix that.

Last edited:
As someone who played both Gestalt and Automata, I appreciate the fan service they did by including, not just Grimoire Weiss and Emil, but the weapon sets from both games. They brought over the Beast weapons & Phoenix weapons from Gestalt and the Type-40 & Machine weapons from Automata. Oddly, though, they didn't bring the spear versions of those weapons and has to use the Virtuous spear. Odd, if you ask me. I also like that they incorporated her as a multi-weapon fighter and not "another Mitsu," like some people thought she'd turn out.
The Beast and Phoenix weapons were also in Automata, though, so they really just got them from Automata. Same for the Iron Pipe & Iron Will, in both games. But yes, the spear/fist weapons being Virtuous and non-recolorable is pretty bad, and I hope they fix it. They probably won't, though. :sc4amy1:

The Beast and Phoenix weapons were also in Automata, though, so they really just got them from Automata. Same for the Iron Pipe & Iron Will, in both games. But yes, the spear/fist weapons being Virtuous and non-recolorable is pretty bad, and I hope they fix it. They probably won't, though. :sc4amy1:
I know they were, I'm just highlighting that they originated in Gestalt. I can't recall if Beast and Phoenix also had fist versions, although I dislike that they limited fists to Virtuous only (Type-40 and Machine also had them). I can also confirm that both 2B and Kaine's costumes can't have their outfit pieces swapped with anything else. At least they can be recolored, even with patterns.

Its alright that 2B's outfit isnt really usable for CAS people. I mean heh, come on now, its not as if customization options are at all limited or scaled back from the previous game.

I know they were, I'm just highlighting that they originated in Gestalt. I can't recall if Beast and Phoenix also had fist versions, although I dislike that they limited fists to Virtuous only (Type-40 and Machine also had them). I can also confirm that both 2B and Kaine's costumes can't have their outfit pieces swapped with anything else. At least they can be recolored, even with patterns.
They didn't, but I made a post about this last month with how I thought they would handle the weapons, and I was mostly right, but replace Cruel with Iron Pipe & Iron Will. For that one, I guess they could have used Spear of the Usurper and Emil Heads.

Kaine's outfit is also bothering me that they didn't include her underwear, and you can't add underwear of your own. It's terrible.

wait. I thought 2B's outfit was available to use in CAS??
It is, but you can't disassemble it. It's all or nothing. So you either cosplay her or you don't use the outfit. The only part that's separate is the face wrap.

It also restricts your body proportions, because 2B's body is literally baked into the outfit. It's bizarre.

It is, but you can't disassemble it. It's all or nothing. So you either cosplay her or you don't use the outfit. The only part that's separate is the face wrap.

It also restricts your body proportions, because 2B's body is literally baked into the outfit. It's bizarre.

ah, I see.

which begs the next important question......

does the outfit have "jiggle physics" or no?

Hey maybe we can all tweet okubo and politely ask him to maybe have some outfits in seperate parts such as 2b’s and other main characters costumes. I think it would make everything about CaS much better. I’m down to make a twitter account if y’all are with me.

Hey maybe we can all tweet okubo and politely ask him to maybe have some outfits in seperate parts such as 2b’s and other main characters costumes. I think it would make everything about CaS much better. I’m down to make a twitter account if y’all are with me.
I think that if they could they would give us such an option. So it's most probably beyond anyone's reach to change it unfortunately. Good think we at least have two versions to use

Back