Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

@Robert_J_King I checked Ivy's 6BB, my first assumption was correct. It still jails and cannot be sidestepped, but now hits opponents attempting to crouch so the 6BB/6BA mixup has become viable on block.

As for Raphael, the damage & scaling nerfs are unnecessary. It's not worth spending meter for a CE anymore after Form dodge B hits. The WR BB nerf is the worst, but the new WR bK he got improves his already insanely strong wall game. It's an i12 punish that is safe on block and leads to 111 damage (129 damage with Soul Charge) if the angle is correct. iPrep is still + on block. One thing the patch notes doesn't mention is that his Arriere Gambit aGI actually got buffed. Previously, 2A interrupted all options besides RE after blocking his 4(B). But now, 2A gets reflected by the aGI, which means the impact speed was made faster. Raphael still feels like a very strong character.
They increased the pushback after SC A+G w! and WR BB no longer connects after SC Prep BBA+B w!

These are pretty minor though, as his damage from other options is about the same.

By all means - yes
I really like Rock and I'm happy he will not get excluded (at least it looks like it)
Id love to see Rock back as well. I don't think it would ruin anyone's day if he would. Not to mention he IS IN FACT one of the most deserving to be there, even before Yun, Setsuka, or Hilde. Also, I don't think both Yun and Hwan are going to be included; my guess is one of those (YELL - YELLOW) is either gonna be Hilde or perhaps a newcomer or guest (I'd rather have a newcomer than a guest, for the sake of adding chars that can actually follow thru in subsequent games)

Id love to see Rock back as well. I don't think it would ruin anyone's day if he would. Not to mention he IS IN FACT one of the most deserving to be there, even before Yun, Setsuka, or Hilde. Also, I don't think both Yun and Hwan are going to be included; my guess is one of those (YELL - YELLOW) is either gonna be Hilde or perhaps a newcomer or guest (I'd rather have a newcomer than a guest, for the sake of adding chars that can actually follow thru in subsequent games)
Rock is mostly deserving due to him being from the original SB roster (duh) but also we kinda lack such a character in the game. Simple, heroic and friggin strong. He felt so much more powerful than Asta in SCIV (not in tierlist but with his movements and SFX) so I hope they can keep that power in his new iteration
I will also agree that it's kinda doubtfull they will keep both Yun and Hwang but we'll see what they'll come up with

They increased the pushback after SC A+G w! and WR BB no longer connects after SC Prep BBA+B w!

These are pretty minor though, as his damage from other options is about the same.

I didn't notice any pushback. BBB still connects after SC A+G wall splat anyway. Hopefully they'll stabilise SC Prep BBA+B in a future patch so that it doesn't move away from the wall or edge sometimes. I lost wall splat and ring out opportunities because of that. I'll send Okubo a tweet about it. I previously tweeted that Raphael & Tira's RE K don't Lethal Hit against Cervantes & 2B's RE B (which has now been fixed) and I didn't see anyone else complaining about it so they may have read my message and addressed that issue.

Tweet has been sent and I also asked for Maxi's SC Right Outer A+B to be fixed because it can be done after the timer runs out.

Last edited:
If I'm wrong and 6BB can now be sidestepped, then it would still be a buff in the sense that the 6BB/6BA mixup will become more viable, but also a nerf because 6BB would become more risky for Ivy if it doesn't jail. Some characters might be able to get ring outs or lethal hits more easily if they sidestep. Anyway, I'm also annoyed at some of the Raphael nerfs because some of them aren't necessary. Fortunately, most of his strong tools were left untouched. I feel that they overdid it a bit with this patch. Aside from fixing bug and whiffing issues, only small balance adjustments were necessary for most of the cast. Only Tira needed a lot of changes.

I already admitted that I made a mistake. Only one mistake did I make, it doesn't change anything else I said and iPrep is still + on block (but less than +12). That pales in comparison to all the nonsense you wrote about Raphael. I hate it when people constantly spread false information while claiming it's the truth. Stop infecting other people with your ignorance.

All you said was "you suck" i am so pro...not that you are saying anything different now....

You tried once to talk about frames and the +12 wasn t your only mistake, but even that alone wasn t a minor one (nor a typo for sure)... being at +12 would mean prep B would be an unblockable.
Since prep B is i10.
Would be so gamebreaking that would result in raphael ban from tournaments XD in 1 day

And we were discussing how to evade prep on block..... (the only thing i discussed with you)....and if that is your basic knowledge (if you need to evade something you need its frames on block) i guess you should've simply stop there....

(even saying prep is + on block is so wrong... there are something like 7 prep entries with different frames each and only ONE of them is actually + on block and they even buffed it proving you wrong once again)

I can get you want to defend your ranked fame but its no reason to pretend to understand things damaging the game to people who could learn how to play reading how to answer prep.

And FYI its not even MY word but its that thing called framelist that competent people on 8wayrun tested for us..... just figure you are going against a Whole community just because you cannot admit you didn t even check framelists...

(i also tested them with friends to do exactly what i was suggesting i.e. avoiding FAKE pressure... and wonder what? it works exactly how i told... should i start to call names?).

The best part is that even i committed mistakes at launch despite a good performance online, but when people corrected me with framelists i had the HONESTY to admit my mistakes...

Last edited:
And FYI its not even MY word but its that thing called framelist that competent people on 8wayrun tested for us..... just figure you are going against a Whole community just because you cannot admit you didn t even check framelists...
He did admit it. Anyone bothering to watch this conversation can tell who knows what they're talking about. It's not you.

Could Season 2 already being leak?
1546817355-1545777478-pink-panther-a-les-yeux-river-sur-un-big-ass-sa-race.png

nah i believe its the free DLC they said were thinking about, but if it is season 2 ...

a surprise.jpg

Last edited:
He did admit it. Anyone bothering to watch this conversation can tell who knows what they're talking about. It's not you.

O really?
So discussion How you evade a prep?
Apoc its + on block

ME:
its -2 from 6B
Its -4 from bunch of othr moves listed
its -6 from Others again ( listed)
Its +0 on iprep
(only one being +7 is 66B+K the only move that got buffed even more)

and so on...
Followed by:
-high vertical i10
-hori mid i14.
-autoduck against highs on no button press
-Backstep with short aGI Windows for lows

Step needs 4 frames
GI needs 4
RE needs 8.

And then there are answers with characters Attacks (standard AA is i12)

Any decent player can find a way out.
Scrubs can keep saying they can't find a way out...

You know what? They didn t touch those frames....
So keep crying raph is OP

Hope you have basic school math knowledge to see why raphpressure was and still is fake.

B6 starts some nice combos like B6 into portal grab but I still think the 1(B) nerf is wrong as hell. The CE changes are pointless.

Oh, let's not start that, please! I know he's not the most popular character of all time, especially in his last outing, but surely he wouldn't hurt anything by being included. It looks like they are trying to close out all or most of the classic roster with the DLC, and he has a place--especially given SCVI to date is pretty light on the heavies ...err, you know what I mean! I can understand misgivings about who might be absent for him to be present, but surely he, in and of himself, is not really a reason for concern? My dream scenario: season 1 as planned, season 2 as five returning classics, 1 guest, season 3 as the three remaining SE-SCIV main cast members, 1 guest, and two more CaS packs. I'll swear my soul in unending fealty to Namco if that happens! They could add a dozen changes equaling RE in dubiousness in SCVII and I would still buy it if they give me those 30 main cast members, plus four guests, plus the new additions.
Something I'd like to note about Rock. He was one of the four choices given during the Lost Swords popularity poll, alongside Cass, Amy, and Mina. While Mina was in the game, Cass, Amy, and Rock are listed as the next 3 DLC characters. This has me wondering if these four particularly popular in Japan, or among the devs, or something?

Amy and Cass have actual popularity, but what adds Rock to this lineup?

This will be the last time I try to explain to you why iPrep is + on block. 6B and Prep B are both i10. Two Raphaels are fighting each other. Enemy Raphael does 6B/WR BB/BBB and immediately cancels into iPrep B. I block those hits and try to interrupt iPrep B with my 6B. What happens? The enemy Raphael wins and gets a counter hit. Now let's have the enemy do i14 Prep A instead. I try to interrupt with i12 2A after blocking. What happens? my 2A clashes against 6B, iPrep A and WR BB, iPrep A and loses to BBB, iPrep A even though my 2A is supposed to be faster. This happens because iPrep is in fact + on block, which I explained multiple times. If you can't understand this, then you're simply stupid. If your execution is terrible, then that explains why you think it's only neutral. The frame data is usually correct, but not always. This is one of those cases where the frame data listed for iPrep is wrong. Whatever. You wrote so many wrong things about Raphael, you will never learn.

Last edited:
Lol I bet they just added those names to throw people off since the real dlc got leaked. So now we don’t know for sure who’s coming. Anyways patch killed sophitia wake me up when the better sister gets released.

I don't see why Bamco would put this in there, knowing that people will find it, if in fact the names are symbolical for their respective characters. It's practically spoiling it all.

Well that is exactly what has been said from a while before with Cassandra and Amy when they were first leaked but pretty much everyone is in agreement those two are innfact the remaining characters on season one. And they weren't even codenamed.

The Siegfried Base hold A nerf is a strange FU to all who play him. Why snip this tool when his low knock-down abilities are so piss-poor to begin with, while also being an essential tool for his playstyle. At least give him some kind of frame advantage after, let him stay crouched or SOMETHING instead of just making it basically pointless. Jesus Christ, Okubo!

Back