Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

In most instances they could just lower the damage. Constantly fiddling with the mechanics is a far more dangerous route.

I had a bad dream last night.

Cassandra was revealed. everything about her was perfect. She looked cute, her moveset was awesome. But then they showed her CE, and it was stupid!! She basically summoned some kind of inflatable horse (?) that countered the opponent.

needless to say, I was very sad and disappointed and then I went to this site to see the reaction. then my dream switched topics.

:(

Cassandra was revealed. everything about her was perfect. She looked cute, her moveset was awesome. But then they showed her CE, and it was stupid!! She basically summoned some kind of inflatable horse (?) that countered the opponent.

needless to say, I was very sad and disappointed and then I went to this site to see the reaction. then my dream switched topics.

Ok, but tell us the release date already!

The inflatable horse part made me think of Nightmare's CE. Now I'm sitting here giggling like an idiot at the thought of Nightmare's CE being this:

716jIo6go9L._UX385_.jpg

The inflatable horse part made me think of Nightmare's CE. Now I'm sitting here giggling like an idiot at the thought of Nightmare's CE being this:

716jIo6go9L._UX385_.jpg

haha!! maybe Nightmare's CE did influence my dream. maybe also the Trojan Horse since Cassie is Greek.

also, I think my dream was influenced in part by my fear that Cassie will indeed get some kind of stupid CE involving a "butt attack." since that was her CE in IV and that felt out of place there, too.

they need to finish teasing Season 1 first...….lol.

but yeah, revealing them at Evo Japan on Feb 15 seems likely. but the day before, Feb 14 is also Valentines Day. and also a Thursday, which seems to be the day they like to reveal stuff.

so maybe we can get Cassie as a Valentine's Day gift??

evo japan is feb 15-17.

it would be nice if we got a reveal in Jan, but they still need to release CAS pack 1. so that will prob come this month in the next few weeks. then they can reveal Cass in Feb with hopefully a release not too far behind.

would be nice if they revealed both Cass and Amy just to get it out of the way.

So what are people's thoughts on the code names? Is everyone here running with the assumption they are in fact related to the characters? Or could they be just purposely selected to throw us off with no relation to the characters?

I'd like to think the code names are clues to the characters.

imo, it's worse to give people false ideas/hope by using codenames that are just fake outs.

So what are people's thoughts on the code names? Is everyone here running with the assumption they are in fact related to the characters? Or could they be just purposely selected to throw us off with no relation to the characters?
They outright put Cassandra and Amy in the files, so I doubt they'd start with fake outs now.

Doesn't mean they'll all mean what we think they mean though.

I'd like to think the code names are clues to the characters.

imo, it's worse to give people false ideas/hope by using codenames that are just fake outs.
Hmm
If i think about that, "yell" is the odd one here. Hilde may yell a lot but her name does not mean yell. No one's name means that.

Hmm
If i think about that, "yell" is the odd one here. Hilde may yell a lot but her name does not mean yell. No one's name means that.

Yeah, it's definitely the odd fit, but I don't think there's much doubt about it. All characters shout a great deal, but only one of them has actual "yelling" sounds that serve as his main "phrases" at the beginning of battle: Mr. "HOOOOOOO!" and "WAAASSAAAA!" himself, Li Long. Also, if we assume that every other character is the one whose name is a translation or synonym of the codename, then that means that we know that they are adding literally every other one of the 31 main roster characters introduced in the first four games. What are the chances that they would do that and then leave just one character out? 'YELL' is Li Long--I'd bet dollars to doughnuts on it.

We have a match from the future:

Yeah, there used to be more of them; I can only presume that moving your machine's date forward allows you to glitch the play date, but they have been cleaning them up.

Last edited:
Hmm
No one's name means 'yell', but deuxhero pointed this out in the DLC thread:
Yell is more likely ダンピエール (Dampierre. The last three characters on their own are how "yell" is transliterated to Japanese. Transliteration to kana is weird like that.) than Hilde.
I'm a little bit hesitant to think it's Dampierre since Namco would have to be absolutely crazy to bring him back as paid DLC (again), let alone put him in a Season Pass where you don't know what you're paying for, but they've proven me wrong before. I'll be slightly okay with it if he isn't a useless joke character this time. Who knows, maybe this will be the "Forgotten/Unliked Characters who are Getting a Second Chance (and Setsuka)" DLC pack.

Nah, I think putting the names there just to throw us off would be detrimental for them. 9n the other hand, putting some obvious names and some not-so-obvious, keeps us guessing and builds the hype for when they actually reveal those.

not sure how I'd feel about Dampierre when there are so many other characters, both returning and new.

wasn't he a joke character, like Dan in street fighter? I'm not much a fan of joke characters taking up precious roster spots.

would rather have some past obscure character like Ashlotte (sp?) be made into a full character with unique moveset and story.

Back