Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Nerfing Voldos mantis crawl was logical, but so many other tweaks come out of the blue. It's not like they are minor adjustments either, some totally changes combo outcomes and creates new punish openers and that's a huge deal. Seems like they are switching things around like confused monkeys in a banana stand.

Sidenote:
I have a new appreciation for Ivy having seen her voice actress. I'll be chuckling good as I remember this mug when she squalls her comments in matches.

View attachment 58204
Reminds me of when Verge said something about a voice actor of a famous Fire Emblem character but then there’s both English VAs of the same character. Her voice in Smash is jarring since the other characters have their Heroes voice actors.

Getting antsy about the remaining DLC. Honestly losing my motivation to finish my CaS.

Anybody else having far more network errors, far greater wait times on average, and even periods of sporadic complete outage since the last update? Seems to be happening across services from what I can tell of my and a friend's versions. but PS4 in particular seems to be jammed up? Anyone else?

Anybody else having far more network errors, far greater wait times on average, and even periods of sporadic complete outage since the last update? Seems to be happening across services from what I can tell of my and a friend's versions. but PS4 in particular seems to be jammed up? Anyone else?
Yes, I'm on Xbox and I seem to be getting network errors more often since the january update.

Ahh man it’s a bad case of be carful what you wish for.

I really hope season two isn’t going to turn into attack of the clones.

As much as Cassandra and Amy could be seen as such they are different from their original counter parts.
I remember them both being super aggressive, like annoyingly aggressive when compared to Raphael and Sophitia who have always felt like defensive/punishing characters.

It’s hard to tell the difference between Yun and Hwang, Rock was always boring when compared to Asataroth’s momentum and Li Long was some what entertaining but never cool like Maxi.

I would just add the necessary and give us NEW blood

Lizardman/Aeon
Setsuka
Yun/Hwang
Hilde

Guest/new
Guest/new

It’s namco after all and Season 2 also needs to sell so no doubt their will be at least One guest.

Ahh man it’s a bad case of be carful what you wish for.

I really hope season two isn’t going to turn into attack of the clones.

As much as Cassandra and Amy could be seen as such they are different from their original counter parts.
I remember them both being super aggressive, like annoyingly aggressive when compared to Raphael and Sophitia who have always felt like defensive/punishing characters.

It’s hard to tell the difference between Yun and Hwang, Rock was always boring when compared to Asataroth’s momentum and Li Long was some what entertaining but never cool like Maxi.

I would just add the necessary and give us NEW blood

Lizardman/Aeon
Setsuka
Yun/Hwang
Hilde

Guest/new
Guest/new

It’s namco after all and Season 2 also needs to sell so no doubt their will be at least One guest.

Yun-seong and Hwang play very differently.

Xbox, and increased network issues also...

SC6 may be the best SC game ever but it has the worst boxart in the serie imo tbh. 2 Character and one of them is a guest, no hate for geralt he's one of the best guest we could have, but the box should have included at least 2 SC characters + Guest. Another thing that make it not that great is that while Mitsu and geralt looks great on those renders, but Namco put two character with a Sword, i know it's not the same type of sword but imo would be much better with picking characters that have drastic different type of sword and would made it as a more appealing boxart.

Fortunately that's not the most important thing in a game but need to say this. And i just said this now cause a friend bought the game today and he showed me and all then i realize how the box art could be much better and we've use for better than this in SC.

It’s hard to tell the difference between Yun and Hwang
Hwang is more flexible while Yun Seong distracts his opponent with his delicious chocolate abs.

If only we could have seen Zas or Nighty in full HD. That should have been in the museum
How about a real gallery with illustrations and high quality models? That'd be great, even if it's only eye candy. I mean, that was there in previous games, so I don't see why they chose not to include it in this game. The museum and gallery are there, but they are lacking imo.

if we don't get CAS DLC this Tuesday, then there's still next Tuesday if they want to get it out in January.
That reminds me, I asked Okubo on Twitter if we'll get new weapon skins for the current styles. Granted, my point was more about if veteran styles would get past weapons, but still.

As of this writing, I still have no answer.

Back