Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

THat's great news, also now at least the "SC6 is a fail" people can shut up forever
1546370629-1546041625-la-pink-panthere-qui-fume-un-join-bien-gechar.png

chances for a 2nd season pass are looking good after hearing this news.

That's great news, also now at least the "SC6 is a fail" people can shut up forever

Season 2 was always planned before the datamines & this latest sales update.

Evolution of SCVI Character Select

EVOJAPAN 2018 Build

E3 2018 Build

Final Game

Current Screen with 2B

Did anyone notice the spot in the middle that was always empty? Season 2 characters might be in that slot.

SCIII & IV had a spot on the roster for bonus characters.

SCIII Character Select

SCIV Character Select

Last edited:
Nah i don't think they planned a season 2 before SC6 release, but i think there are things they planned to add but didn't for some reason (time, budget), Lizardman is just one example i think, there may be others Lizardman cases that we didn't even see cause they're not in the datas of the game at all.

THat's great news, also now at least the "SC6 is a fail" people can shut up forever
I hope you didn’t see my legitimate concerns as “SC6 is a fail”

I stand by the fact that the series has failed to reach out to a wider audience.

Nah i don't think they planned a season 2 before SC6 release, but i think there are things they planned to add but didn't for some reason (time, budget), Lizardman is just one example i think, there may be others Lizardman cases that we didn't even see cause they're not in the datas of the game at all.

SCVI Season 2 was planned from the start because Aeon(The Original Lizardman) was teased in the Story trailer. He's different the Lizardman jobbers in Libra of Soul & the Soul Chronicle. SCVI's Soul Chronicle & DLC Plans are similar to Tekken 7's, but key changes.

• Tira is part of the Season Pass for Season 1 where Eliza was not. That's $5 extra if you get the Tekken 7: Deluxe Edition.
  • All Base Roster Characters except Inferno have a Soul Chronicle story of more than 1 battle unlike Tekken 7.
  • The SCVI Season Pass wasn't overloaded with Guest Characters.

Last edited:
SCVI Season 2 was planned because Aeon(The Original Lizardman) was teased in the Story trailer. He's different the Lizardman jobbers in Libra of Soul & the Soul Chronicle.

View attachment 58951

True that this picture really looked like they planned to put Aeon in the base game.

I hope you didn’t see my legitimate concerns as “SC6 is a fail”

I stand by the fact that the series has failed to reach out to a wider audience.

I don't even remember who said that, but yeah i can agree that second point, it's quite miracle that SC6 did quite good, when you think about it since it was release as same time as RDR2 (that just hit 23 millions BTW) while even games like COD and BF tried to avoid releasing same time as this game.

True that this picture really looked like they planned to put Aeon in the base game.

I don't even remember who said that, but yeah i can agree that second point, it's quite miracle that SC6 did quite good, when you think about it since it was release as same time as RDR2 (that just hit 23 millions BTW) while even games like COD and BF tried to avoid releasing same time as this game.
It was not fun trying to bring over friends because of RDR2. Even my DBZF/UMVC3 buddies were too engrossed to try out the new fighter.

I think they considered RDR2 as a separate market, without seeing it as an actual cultural phenomenon.

Last edited:
So, can we finally get DLC news? Also, glad the game is successful and finally confirmed as such. Was really tired of this narrative that the game failed and killed the series, mostly done by trolls/haters playing into the paranoia of others.

I got bored again, and while I planned to do Sophie first, for whatever reason I jumped onto Siegfried. So, for all of your Sieg players out there who are having trouble with dealing with Talim's negative stance switch buttons (not the positive ones like 66A+B), here is a guide to show you the options (I found) and how they interact with her various stances...

I didn't feel like editing stuff too much (I also am very new to it), but in general, every new button of Sieg's is tested (in order) against: Block, WNS, WNF, WNC. I use the fastest options for each unless I feel there is a interaction to be had. I don't know too much about Sieg, so I likely overlooked some important buttons to use against some of the harder buttons to figure out. Overall, at least against the buttons you outright NEED to be punishing every time against Talim like 6BB, FC3BB, WNS-A, Sieg is actually really well equipped to deal with it.

I will likely make another universal guide to dealing with Talim's stances when she is positive on switch at some point. If people find this sort of thing useful, I could see doing more videos of this sort, even if they are time consuming. I do learn a lot myself at least, as it requires me to lab out a new character's moveset and how it interacts with Talim's.

I'm gonna throw some fists if Hilde isn't one of those. I can't play her for jack, but I can appreciate the concept and design.

So, can we finally get DLC news? Also, glad the game is successful and finally confirmed as such. Was really tired of this narrative that the game failed and killed the series, mostly done by trolls/haters playing into the paranoia of others.
I don’t think it was the sales they were referring to when those people were saying that they were dissatisfied with the game. It may have been more directed towards how SC6 itself was, such as the mechanics, gameplay, netcode, matchmaking, creation, balance updates, lack of communication from Namco, etc...

If that’s the case then I understand why they’re not fond of what goes on in SC6.

Back