Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Question; What were you all expecting that has gotten you so disappointed? And if anyone has looked at all the pictures on the FB page how many pieces do you think you counted? It doesn't seem to be 50.
1.Bug Antenna 2x
3.The Head ornament 2x
5.Denim top 2x
7..Denim jeans 2x
9.Black boots
10..Beanie Cap
11..Astraroth Mask
13.Holy cap 2x
15.Those dexter gloves
16.that SC3 top
17.Honor boots 2x
19.Ninja mask 2x
21.Ninja Gi 2x
23.Eagle Head 2x
25.Angel Wings 2x
27.Eagle Breastplate
28.Eagle guantlets
29.Eagle fauld
30.Eagle Boots
31.Tira Top
32.Tira skirt
33.Tira necklass
34.Tira Braclets
35.Tira boots
36.Gym clothes
37.School Sweater
38.School shoes
39.Pegasus Helm
40.The Eyepatch
41.Eyepatch breastplate
42.Eyepatch guantlets
43.Eyepatch fauld
44.Eyepatch boots
45.Eyepatch under garment
46.Crown
Siegfried's 1P could be 4 pieces chest, waist, arms, legs?

Last edited:
At least Wide-Opening gloves are in. Their absence has been practically killing me. Hoping the Marquis belt from 5 is back in. That one is critical for like, half the stuff I do and it hurts.

This looks like something he might have worn but I guess it was a kneejerk because of the fancy eyepatch thing. Otherwise, it's new. I don't have a pic of the silver colored version

Last edited:
From the pics I've on the facebook page, I don't think that is quite everything that is in the pack. I counted around 38-40 new items from the images, which means there should be about 10 more items we didn't yet. I think I can also confirm the new full armor set with the eye patch is in fact unisex too, going this specific pic anyway....

Also, don't forget the we'll also be classics soul calibur soundtracks as background music with this pack too.

Question; What were you all expecting that has gotten you so disappointed? And if anyone has looked at all the pictures on the FB page how many pieces do you think you counted? It doesn't seem to be 50.
1.Bug Antenna 2x
3.The Head ornament 2x
5.Denim top 2x
7..Denim jeans 2x
9.Black boots
10..Beanie Cap
11..Astraroth Mask
13.Holy cap 2x
15.Those dexter gloves
16.that SC3 top
17.Honor boots 2x
19.Ninja mask 2x
21.Ninja Gi 2x
23.Eagle Head 2x
25.Angel Wings 2x
27.Eagle Breastplate
28.Eagle guantlets
29.Eagle fauld
30.Eagle Boots
31.Tira Top
32.Tira skirt
33.Tira necklass
34.Tira Braclets
35.Tira boots
36.Gym clothes
37.School Sweater
38.School shoes
39.Pegasus Helm
40.The Eyepatch
41.Eyepatch breastplate
42.Eyepatch guantlets
43.Eyepatch fauld
44.Eyepatch boots
45.Eyepatch under garment
46.Crown
Siegfried's 1P could be 4 pieces chest, waist, arms, legs?
I don't know why I had higher expectations, but I was hoping that there would be much more quality stuff. I would rather have some Greek armor, Egyptian clothing, or even Violas clothing rather then the lame modern stuff they gave. This isn't Tekken and that stuff looks terrible here. I don't know, its just my personal preference though, some like this stuff so okay.

What were you all expecting that has gotten you so disappointed?
I knew most pieces would be recycled, but only 8% of the equipment being brand new is pretty abysmal. It doesn't help that most of it is complete garbage (modern clothing, stupid gimmick items like the crown or the long Chinese hat) or staples that should've been there from the beginning like the ninja mask. The armor set recycled from Lost Swords already had one piece in the game (the gauntlets), which makes you wonder why they didn't just recycle the whole thing from the start.

There's a difference between legacy content and a straight up cash-grab. This is possibly the most blatant example of lazy DLC I've ever seen.

@SpellcraftQuill Yeah I'm waiting on the hip skirt, the Egyptian skirt, horus vizard, lotus set, kitty set, bong seon set bikini & pareo and pareo. And a leather belt would be nice.

Now that I can put my finger on it, that Eyepatch looks like the one I see them have on Lelouch from Code Geass. Not saying we are getting Zero as a guest character, just that it looks like his eye patch in Akito the Exiled.

I don't know why I had higher expectations, but I was hoping that there would be much more quality stuff. I would rather have some Greek armor, Egyptian clothing, or even Violas clothing rather then the lame modern stuff they gave. This isn't Tekken and that stuff looks terrible here. I don't know, its just my personal preference though, some like this stuff so okay.
I personally had one of my main OCs wearing the beanie and the ripped jeans in his casual clothes. I mixed it with common clothes to make it look authentic. And all the school girl stuff is going to be used for my cosplay alts so I have more to work with. The armor all to me looks good and will start to help with tiers of armor my OCs wear so everyone doesn't have on Nightmare's fault and greaves. It's enough to work with and hold me over another six months. The base stuff kept me busy for a consistent four. I can work with this 50.

Ya'll think you're disappointed now? Wait until we actually start using it. Imagine you take a closer look at the modern or useless equipment and begin to see some creative ways they can be used.... only to find the same bullshit conflicting issues we currently deal with in over half the existing equipment.

I am so so disappointed that we’ve waited this long for old stuff...How has it taken them this long to convert old models? Why aren’t they making new stuff omgggg

Yup, only set worth it, based on the pictures, is the rest of Tira's 2P.

I can make an abysmal 3 creations with it (includes a 2P Tira), and maybe adjust a few others. I never used the modern shit SCV, I probably won't start now.

You could preserve a fish with the amount of salt I'm wallowing in.

While I figured a good amount of items would be recycled, it certainly is shocking to see only 1 new set and it's probably male-exclusive. Also there are some really bad choices in there that are near-impossible to mix and match with. I'm pretty disappointed, and I think it's unfair that we're paying for this many items that should have been base game or the ones we already paid extra for in IV and V. This lackluster lineup is not going to keep me entertained for another how-many-months.

I feel like I have to be mad like everyone else here, but after learning to not be too eager to avoid disappointment I feel alright. To be honest I am kind of meh about this. Some of these pieces are good; however this does feel pretty cheap by adding some questionable pieces.

Some of this stuff might be free DLC, but it is best not to get too ahead of ourselves or we are begging for some trouble.

I feel like I have to be mad like everyone else here, but after learning to not be too eager to avoid disappointment I feel alright. To be honest I am kind of meh about this. Some of these pieces are good; however this does feel pretty cheap by adding some questionable pieces.

Some of this stuff might be free DLC, but it is best not to get too ahead of ourselves or we are begging for some trouble.
I'm more frustrated than mad. Honestly if I were them, I'd do a free item every week, or bi-weekly, or at least once a month. It would take little to no resources on their part, help keep people interested, and pull CaS players back in on a regular basis. It would also have the added benefit of making the game feel like it has active and continual support.

Imagine if instead of getting these items all at once, we've been getting them on a consistent basis over time? There would be hype for the piece of the week or whatever increment it came in.

Instead everyone has been sitting around frustrated and now the pieces just won't feel like enough after all this time. While it's the same number of pieces whether it's all spread out or all at once, psychologically the spread out is more satisfying and less frustrating and thus more likely to receive positivity.

Instead of, "When the heck are we going to get something? Finally... oh that's it?" It's a constant state of "What are we getting next? I can believe this game is getting so much support. I mean they're constantly adding stuff to the game!"

Granted, I realize that Tira's SoulCalibur V 2p is already anachronistic as hell, I'm not sure how I feel about Siegfried's SoulCalibur V 1p. 2ps are arguably canon anyway, and they may actually just not be at all, but it's just kinda weird to be able to use it in the past, I think. Like, I know people were asking about Z.W.E.I. and Viola parts, but even if they did come out, they'd still feel weird, or like putting Sophitia in Pyrrha's outfit or putting Kilik in Xiba's outfit.

I'm happy to see Honor Boots (but no Ring Pants?!?!), and at least they picked some of the more tasteful Lost Swords stuff to bring in, and maybe some of the new parts, like that feathers set, could be used in useful ways, but as has been said, the conflicting with existing pieces is going to be an unseen concern until they come out, so we'll see how useful this stuff ends up being. Overall, I feel like about a 6/10 initial reaction to seeing this stuff.

Back