Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I meant it as a joke since she has an annoyed look. I know she’s generally sad, but we’ve already seen inappropriate Talims.

That aside, anyone ever notice how a colossus is wearing one of Voldo’s head thingies? Looks like they’re universal this time, unlike say the Nightmare arm...

Ever sine Raphael's soul chronicle leaks I have been wondering why Amy has those little skulls on her hair that closely resemble the ones Tira used to have in her SCV outfit.
They’re not new. She originally wore them as a necktie:
amysc3art2-jpg.3434

I meant it as a joke since she has an annoyed look. I know she’s generally sad, but we’ve already seen inappropriate Talims.
I don’t even think she looks annoyed, personally. She has a tiny grin situation going on, seeing a little hope in Raphael before Azwel delivers the disappointment. People are gonna do whatever they’re gonna do, but I’d say the majority isn’t going to be lewding Amy.

Very excited about the Amy trailer. Not just seeing Amy, but knowing that the story of SC6 is going to cover not just SC1, but 2 as well with Siegfried becoming Nightmare again and then ending up fighting Raphael in Osthreinsburg. (RIP red-haired Siegfried Nightmare)

Also, as if this trailer with the orb and Dance of the Oracle wasn't enough to confirm she's Viola, I noticed Amy's outfit in 6 is almost identical to Viola's. Just look at her corset, shoes and dress, as well as the mantle-like cloth she has on her shoulders.

Last edited:
Keep in mind I hang out on Fire Emblem boards and at least this board doesn’t do a weird witch hunt with Ivy or Taki either... You guys here at least are generally not creepy with Amy or Talim and therefore are probably the reasons why there aren’t many witch hunts against them like with the Fire Emblem lolis or even characters like Marie Rose.

Also, as if this trailer with the orb and Dance of the Oracle wasn't enough to confirm she's Viola, I noticed Amy's outfit in 6 is almost identical to Viola's. Just look at her corset, shoes and dress, as well as the mantle-like cloth she has on her shoulders.
The skirt frills are from SoulCalibur III and the stockings and boots are from SoulCalibur IV. The rest is a mix of newish and Viola.

Also, since the English version isn't out yet, here's what they're saying in Japanese

Nightmare: idk some garbled mess sorry lol
Raphael: "You saved me..."

Amy: "Raphael..."

Intro: "It's because if I die, there's someone who would be at a loss
(this is a pretty literal translation, they'll probably translate it to sound more flowery but you get the point)

SC activation: couldn't hear at all sorry :(

Win Pose: also hard to hear but she's saying something about snatching away/stealing, and the world going to brutality/cruelty

Azwel: "A good color is being reflected! Please do your best, for the purpose of a magnificent future!"

Amy in response to the stranger danger: "I've got a bad feeling"

CE activation: "Silent!"

CE during phrase: "Goodnight"

CE win: "I'm not one's puppet/doll"
(This one it could be puppet if Azwel is trying to use her in story I guess, or they could mean doll because she's a gothic lolita)

I could have looked at her artwork a thousand times, and never ever would this thought have crossed my mind...

Very much agreed. @SpellcraftQuill, are you trying to start a flame war just for the sake of being a troll towards anybody who's enjoying the glut of DLC revelations that have been the subject of expectation on this thread for weeks and a break from the usual gripes and frustrations about same?

Tuesday is going to take so long to get here now. At least it will make my weekend longer but Monday is going to be hell.

Keep in mind I hang out on Fire Emblem boards and at least this board doesn’t do a weird witch hunt with Ivy or Taki either... You guys here at least are generally not creepy with Amy or Talim and therefore are probably the reasons why there aren’t many witch hunts against them like with the Fire Emblem lolis or even characters like Marie Rose.
It's basically an inside joke with my fe friends that im a lolicon because I used Nowi and Elise. I'm sorry that manaketes are awesome. -_-

Very much agreed. @SpellcraftQuill, are you trying to start a flame war just for the sake of being a troll towards anybody who's enjoying the glut of DLC revelations that have been the subject of expectation on this thread for weeks and a break from the usual gripes and frustrations about same?
SpellcraftQuill isn't starting to start a flame war. No one is. I'm pretty sure he is just pointing out that it's less toxic are there on the fire emblem boards.

Do we have any links to official screenshots that are not from Twitter? I'd rather not get official images from there due to Twitter's image compression.

SpellcraftQuill isn't starting to start a flame war. No one is. I'm pretty sure he is just pointing out that it's less toxic are there on the fire emblem boards.

My comment was directed at his original post on the subject,on the previous page (which, not to ratchet up the tension further, but that should have been obvious given I quoted Dante's response to that same post, which came well before the Fire Emblem discussion). Look, considering his response to Dante, I'm sure we can all take it on faith that he didn't mean to cause offense, but I think it's worth saying that we can do without dragging those sentiments into discussion here, since (intentional or not) they make for a pretty ugly implication that for almost any person is going to be absurd and offensive all at once. And then some of those parties will fire back with an implication of projection and it just goes downhill from there. I think we can all live without that on a day when we're just trying to enjoy some long-awaited release news.

Last edited:
Congrats Amy players. I'm still waiting for Cass personally but I won't complain. I'm happy we have not only a reveal trailer but also a date on the first Armor Pack. Glad I don't have to work Tuesday. Going to spend the day creating I think.

I'm hoping that Cass is not far around the corner. Presumably they've been at work on her for a while, but even if they are significantly farther behind on her as compared against Amy, Amy's being apparently more or less complete (one assumes from what we've seen and the "coming soon" anyway) and the CaS being due out in a matter of days means that almost all energy of any staff assigned to SC DLC right now will be falling squarely on her. I have to say, it's looking like we will have Season One complete by mid-spring, which is several months sooner than even the most optimistic projections I would have made last year. And then, hopefully full steam ahead to Season Two. All aboard the hype train!!

Back