Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Stupid gold trim on Pioneer’s cloak. And it clips with the New Centurion...

And the music does play in CaS plus you don’t end up at the desert theme every time you end the test battle...

Hope the Destined Battle themes come back. I still have enough themes for my characters and even Blazblue-style specific match themes for my characters. Future Dancin’ is nice for my main CaS, but No Turning Back suits him better.

Even so, Lineage of Destiny is good for a Destined Battle theme.

Reactions: Ave
Feels good on the plains I guess.

Then again that was the only time a stage fit Mi-Na. Why a tomb, haunted place that probably suits Yoshimitsu better (on top of being the sub-boss for one of the evil alignments in III), and a pirate ship?

I hate playing this game online so much. No one rematches anymore. They win once and leave or it will be 1-1 and they leave. How am I supposed to learn match-ups or get my muscle memory back if everyone is lame as fuck? This is why I stared blankly when Okubo mentioned infinite rematches. Doesn't really do much when no one wants to play you. My connection is alright and I learn as I go.

I'm really happy we finally get classic SoulCalibur BGMs, but looking at the track lists really highlights how few stages we have to work with. Most of the stages have obvious SC1 counterparts, but there are a few that I had to think about. This is my track pairing:
  1. Astral Chaos - Immortal Flame
  2. Cursed Moonlit Woods - Eye to Eye, Blade to Blade
  3. Master Swordman's Cave - The New Legend
  4. Indian Port - Sail Over the Storm
  5. Kunpaetku Temple - Bred from the Gap
  6. Ostrheinsburg Castle - In the Name of the Father
  7. Replica Kaer Morhen - Duelists
  8. Shrine of Eurydice - Wing of Faith
  9. Snow-capped Showdown - Chasing Downstream
  10. Sunken Desert Ruins - Beyond the Horizon
  11. Windswept Plains - Worth Dying For
  12. City Ruins - Unblessed Soul
I'm less familiar with SoulEge's soundtrack, so if anyone has any recommendations on which song best fits which stage, please feel free to share.

I hate playing this game online so much. No one rematches anymore. They win once and leave or it will be 1-1 and they leave. How am I supposed to learn match-ups or get my muscle memory back if everyone is lame as fuck? This is why I stared blankly when Okubo mentioned infinite rematches. Doesn't really do much when no one wants to play you. My connection is alright and I learn as I go.

Did Okubo mentioned the possibility of Infinite rematches? Didn't heard about that if so

Did Okubo mentioned the possibility of Infinite rematches? Didn't heard about that if so
Yes. More than one person retweeted talking about it. Like I said, it doesn't matter because no one rematches anymore. I got a draw in the final round against a Sieg, it was the first battle and he just left. He was a rank under my 2B. What is the point? I mean, I gave up ranking up a long time ago but now I can't even play. I can't do casual match because it lags more than Ranked. My offline meet-ups are only once a week and most of Philly FGC does SFV and shit.

Yes. More than one person retweeted talking about it. Like I said, it doesn't matter because no one rematches anymore. I got a draw in the final round against a Sieg, it was the first battle and he just left. He was a rank under my 2B. What is the point? I mean, I gave up ranking up a long time ago but now I can't even play. I can't do casual match because it lags more than Ranked. My offline meet-ups are only once a week and most of Philly FGC does SFV and shit.

Hum i see. That's weird i haven't played SC6 online since a big a while but most of the time people would rematch.

Also speaking about Okubo, he said something like "i can't talk about World Tour now". anyone think it smells like people at namco are discussing about it behind the closed doors

Amy has some kind of new mechanic that's talked about in this Japanese article but I can't read Japanese something to do with that rose throw if Google translate is to be believed
Article in question https://www.4gamer.net/games/403/G040384/20190218020/
I'm afraid it's another one of the game's point collecting ploys which I'm not a fan of. I'll be bummed out if they have us throwing roses or whatever to utilize her to the fullest, even moreso if it turns out that she's made less powerful overall as a consequence of this system.

I don't see the point of infinite matches apart from convenience. I mean I've met players in ranked match and due to the amazing duels we've had we set up a private lobby in casual match. Infinite matches in ranked sounds to me people want to level up without working for it.

I agree, but look what I found in the patch data, about what they´re planning to do in the future:

"In “RANKED MATCH”, we are planning remove the limits of the rematch option in order for players to continue playing against an opponent they enjoyed matching the first time. "

Back