Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I like Amy's new costume much better than her SC4 one. But sucks that Setsuka seems so far away.

Also, pretty cool that they brought back the demon armor, it's savage.

sc6dlc3creationpartsimg03.jpg

Evo matches

I'm afraid it's another one of the game's point collecting ploys which I'm not a fan of. I'll be bummed out if they have us throwing roses or whatever to utilize her to the fullest, even moreso if it turns out that she's made less powerful overall as a consequence of this system.

Well that sucks hopefully you don't need that many rose points to do whatever it is they let you do

Blonde or brunette? Which one for the default?

Anyways, there’s a couple of glitches I noticed with this update and the DLC tracks.
  1. While selecting a CaS, as it’s loading you’ve got to be careful since you’ll end up with your very first CaS.
  2. Regarding the music player in the museum, often the museum music will be playing at the same time as you’re previewing the returning BGM. Watch for yourself:

Last edited:
Did they reduce the penalty for cord-pulling drops? I just played four games in a row where the opponent (all E class, oddly enough--my oponents are usually all over the place in rank, no matter what matchmaking options I select on any platform) where the opponent obviously cut their connection immediately before losing their last round. Now, I was working each of them over pretty hard, but still--up until today I have had opponents cord-pull on me maybe a half dozen times across well over a thousand matches. And today I get four in a row? Was this just a really weird chance occurrence? Please tell me they didn't trivialize penalty or introduce a bug that lets scrubs avoid it? Ranked is going to become an even more frustrating matchmaking system if so.

Here is my casual feedback of what I find lackluster in the game without touching to technical things (balance, online, etc.):
1. We need a lot more stages, with iconic locations: while the stages are beautiful, they seem repetitive and don't fit some characters... ;

2. More customisation options: we need more outfits that fit the aesthetics of the game and more legacy outfits (all the characters' 1P and 2P costumes from the previous games, and costumes from characters who didn't make the cut like Pyrrha, Patroklos, Elysium...) ;

3. Deeper customisation: being able to choose from many beards without having them attached to the face, choosing different colours for each eye, choosing different eyes/noses/mouth for each face (e.g.: face 1, eyes 12, nose 4, mouth 7), and obviously being able to modify them with sliders (smaller lips, wider nose, angle of the eyes, etc.)... e.g.: Final Fantasy 14, Dynasty/Samurai warriors franchises, Guild Wars 2,...

Anyone else getting game crash on ps4 when going into mock battle from creation on ps4? It started for me about 3 patches ago and now happens more frequently than it did to begin with. Have to save my progress on a cas then go back into it before choosing mock battle in case it hangs and I lose my progress. It's literally a blue screen ps4 interface error and the game terminates instantly. I have sent an error report twice and that was a few patches back. Still not fixed and it's now even worse and more frequent.

A bit of casual feedback from me.

The game feels very good so far, However the lack of stages is a bit saddening. Whilst I love the stages that are currently available, it would be nice to have the series staples like the money pit, and valentine's mansion.
2. Regards Create-A-Soul, I am currently happy with how things are barring a few standout issues. Firstly, I find it odd that the Arcane Knight Armor, and the Female Pirate Belts break with armor, as due to their design it does not fit. I also find it an odd decision that the gym shorts break, but not the Arcane Knight Armor or Female Pirate Belts.
3. On the topic of Create-A-Soul, for armor break, I'm sure many people will agree they would like to choose themselves what is breakable, and what is not.

They promised 100 in the season pass IIRC, this is only the first CAS pack of two.
Right, the entire season pass is quoted to have 100+ pieces. Between Tira, 2B, and the first pack, along with the free items, they might already be at 100, or close to it. I am assuming we'll still keep getting small free packs with Amy, the second pack, and Cassandra, so we might actually be closer to 200 by then.

Highly doubt this happened to anyone else, but due to some silly Steam patching that happened right as I loaded the game, my save got corrupted after the DLCs, so I has sad now.
I suppose I shouldn't have said that I have nothing to spend in game money on anymore, huh? :D

Anyone else getting game crash on ps4 when going into mock battle from creation on ps4? It started for me about 3 patches ago and now happens more frequently than it did to begin with. Have to save my progress on a cas then go back into it before choosing mock battle in case it hangs and I lose my progress. It's literally a blue screen ps4 interface error and the game terminates instantly. I have sent an error report twice and that was a few patches back. Still not fixed and it's now even worse and more frequent.
That happened to me often in the last few months. It actually started discouraging me from creating characters because of how frustrating it is.

Trying to get some sense of how Amy plays, here are the animations I could recognize from the trailer and screenshots released:

236B:

6BB236:

(turned back) B+K:

B+K:

Taunt (well, not really a move):

I'm curious how her moveset is overall (how much is new vs old). It's looking like most of her stances are returning at least.

Trying to get some sense of how Amy plays, here are the animations I could recognize from the trailer and screenshots released:

236B:
View attachment 59470

6BB236:
View attachment 59469

(turned back) B+K:
View attachment 59471

B+K:
View attachment 59472

Taunt (well, not really a move):
View attachment 59473

I'm curious how her moveset is overall (how much is new vs old). It's looking like most of her stances are returning at least.

This is actually what I was referring to the other day: four legacy moves in her entire trailer, a new "point system"/projectile gimmick that will surely have trade-offs with her traditional moveset (both for making room in the control scheme and for the sake of "balance")...I have to say I'm a little nervous that they chose to experiment a little too much with a character that already had a very unique niche and with whom success requires very specific tactics. Hopefully most of the new stuff is locked behind her Soul Charge and she otherwise plays very similarly to classic Amy (as you said the other day, it's entirely possible they are just focusing on the newer elements for the sake of the trailer), but as someone who has been waiting on the return of this moveset for a long while, it's going to be a pretty profound disappointment for me if the substantial balance of her moves are not recognizable.

Back