Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

My memory sucks, let me emphasize that. But since Amy's announcement I've been having peculiar flashbacks to her moveset and my playstyle. It's like spontaneous, literal flashes of all the specific input strings I used to roll with and had since long forgotten. I bet I could pick up a PS3 controller right now and play her without effort. Feels weird how my brain has activated her again after all this time.

I hope her unblockables (and cancels) are intact or improved upon. I really had fun with those.

when do you think Amy will be released?

also, I take it most of the players here are on PS4?

if any of you want to share PSN ids, send me a PM. I've recently switched to playing this game on PS4, since fighting games just feel more natural on PS4....lol.

Completely random thought, but what if one of the recurring Libra of Souls or Soul Chronicles NPCs (like say Orzal, Bolta, or Lyla) were made into an official character with their own style?

Completely random thought, but what if one of the recurring Libra of Souls or Soul Chronicles NPCs (like say Orzal, Bolta, or Lyla) were made into an official character with their own style?
It'd be cool, but I'd rather see a character that already has an established backstory. Dürer already has enough backstory for his own soul chronicle imo. I think he deserves it.

Well, gotta say I'm happy with the amount of content our first season pass is getting us. 4 characters and their parts, presumably another stage with Cassandra since Amy doesn't seem to be getting one, a good number of decent creation parts just from the first pack, and music which isn't something they originally mentioned, as well as Soul Chronicles for all but 2B. For once I actually feel like a season pass was worth buying. Looking forward to how Amy will probably play judging from the trailer.

presumably another stage with Cassandra since Amy doesn't seem to be getting one
Ha ha. What kind of logic is that? Character 3 didn't get a stage, so character 4 will? CAS pack 1 didn't come with Chronicles of the Sword mode, so are you thinking CAS pack 2 will? Exciting stuff!

But in all seriousness, I agree with you. The music was a really nice bonus and adds a lot of value to CAS pack 1 and the season pass a a whole. I'm just hoping CAS pack 2 has SC2 and SC3 music.

Ha ha. What kind of logic is that? Character 3 didn't get a stage, so character 4 will? CAS pack 1 didn't come with Chronicles of the Sword mode, so are you thinking CAS pack 2 will? Exciting stuff!

But in all seriousness, I agree with you. The music was a really nice bonus and adds a lot of value to CAS pack 1 and the season pass a a whole. I'm just hoping CAS pack 2 has SC2 and SC3 music.
Would be great if it did. SC2 and SC3 had some of the best music, and would probably fit better with some of the stages than SB and SC1 do.

when do you think Amy will be released?
Current trend says April. I personally hope that it will be sooner than that, but... we know where hope gets us. :sc4amy1:

If we were still doing bonus styles like from SoulCalibur III, perhaps, but since SoulCalibur IV practically ended that trend pretty immediately, I don't think they're really worthy of full character status, just personally. I like the idea of using the creation system to make filler characters such as these, as a very cost-effective way to expand stories beyond what they would be capable of with just main cast, even if they are just using the styles of the main cast, it works like it is. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back bonus styles, of course, but...

@KageKazenami I think we all pray for new stages, but I don't know what our odds are. It really does seem to be that we do need at least one more, to bring back symmetry to the stage selection screen, but it seemed so obvious an inclusion to get the mansion of Graf Dumas as a stage with Amy, as a throwback to Valentine Mansion of the past with a twist, but in that it doesn't seem like we're getting that, then I don't really see what new stage that Cassandra can bring. With as much as Mi-na talks about it in her dialogue, as well as how it's brought up a lot in Libra of Soul, the stage I would hope for the most would be Seong Dojang, but how they would go about adding it, aside from saving it for season two to release alongside Hwang/Yun-seong, I'm not sure how they'd justify it. Not that they "have" to justify it, it would just make more sense if they did.

As for music, I'd say it's more than reasonable to suggest that customization pack B will come with both SoulCalibur II and SoulCalibur III soundtracks. It would be curious, though, where they would implement the SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V soundtracks, since Tekken has set a precedent with its jukebox that we should, at the very least, expect to get all the main series soundtracks, if there isn't a customization pack C.

Current trend says April. I personally hope that it will be sooner than that, but... we know where hope gets us. :sc4amy1:

If we were still doing bonus styles like from SoulCalibur III, perhaps, but since SoulCalibur IV practically ended that trend pretty immediately, I don't think they're really worthy of full character status, just personally. I like the idea of using the creation system to make filler characters such as these, as a very cost-effective way to expand stories beyond what they would be capable of with just main cast, even if they are just using the styles of the main cast, it works like it is. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back bonus styles, of course, but...

@KageKazenami I think we all pray for new stages, but I don't know what our odds are. It really does seem to be that we do need at least one more, to bring back symmetry to the stage selection screen, but it seemed so obvious an inclusion to get the mansion of Graf Dumas as a stage with Amy, as a throwback to Valentine Mansion of the past with a twist, but in that it doesn't seem like we're getting that, then I don't really see what new stage that Cassandra can bring. With as much as Mi-na talks about it in her dialogue, as well as how it's brought up a lot in Libra of Soul, the stage I would hope for the most would be Seong Dojang, but how they would go about adding it, aside from saving it for season two to release alongside Hwang/Yun-seong, I'm not sure how they'd justify it. Not that they "have" to justify it, it would just make more sense if they did.

As for music, I'd say it's more than reasonable to suggest that customization pack B will come with both SoulCalibur II and SoulCalibur III soundtracks. It would be curious, though, where they would implement the SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V soundtracks, since Tekken has set a precedent with its jukebox that we should, at the very least, expect to get all the main series soundtracks, if there isn't a customization pack C.
hope Amy releases in March. so CAS pack 2 in April. and Cassandra in May.

hope Amy releases in March. so CAS pack 2 in April. and Cassandra in May.

I think there is reason to be optimistic about Amy in March or early April, but I'd be surprised to see three releases in subsequent months. But then again, they've stayed ahead of what I would have previously considered realistic projections so far, so its clearly not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

Welp until they add weapon select (or better yet, THE ACTUAL CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN) to Arcade Mode, I'm just gonna play VS AI... Arcade is a f*cking joke in this game. An afterthought at best.

Also with the addition of the new music I really wish there was a 'random' option where it just picks a random track from all the music available. I swear that was a thing in SCV?

Welp until they add weapon select (or better yet, THE ACTUAL CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN) to Arcade Mode, I'm just gonna play VS AI... Arcade is a f*cking joke in this game. An afterthought at best.

Also with the addition of the new music I really wish there was a 'random' option where it just picks a random track from all the music available. I swear that was a thing in SCV?
I agree that they dropped the ball with Arcade Mode, though it wasn't much better in SoulCalibur V either, being fair. Arcade mode has been slumming a while, arguably SoulCalibur II is the last time when it was really good. It wasn't awful in SoulCalibur III or SoulCalibur IV, but it's lacked that personal touch.

Random music I don't think was a thing in SoulCalibur V, but you could select the music right there on the same screen where you select the stage. It could have been a thing, I'm not saying absolutely it wasn't, but if it was, I didn't use it. The real problem, which will become even more apparent than it is right now if/when SoulCalibur II and SoulCalibur III music is added (and even worse if/when SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V music is added), is that the ratio of stages to music is laughably imbalanced. It's nice to have options, but if we can't pick the stage music while we're picking the stage (which they should add), then most of the music is going to go unused because of this.

Not sure if that was a thing, but it would be nice. On that note, kinda wonder what it would take for them to make the weapon and music randomize alongside the characters, their alt colors, and stages. That could add a good bit of variety actually, though I feel like the weapon part could mess with creations probably. That's an interesting thought. Also gotta agree, I don't get why Arcade is so simplified as it is. No character select screen, no weapon select, no random options, and the last fight of each difficulty is static for whatever reason(Legendary being Inferno makes sense, but otherwise...).

Edit: Just to go from what DanteSC3 said as well, it crossed my mind playing against a friend a short bit ago that there isn't an option to select the music when picking a stage in online, though that was a thing in SCV. Weird thing to leave out in comparison.

Or even an option to set character themes, even though Talim, Raphael, Tira, and Zas don’t have theirs yet while the guests get their stage themes, and Groh and Azwel get themes already in the game.

I do make fake arcade runs in VS CPU with my main set of customs, including using the new themes, including some special battle themes like in Blazblue.

LMAO
I'm picking Random for both mine and the opponent's characters in VS AI.

Battle 1: Groh VS Voldo
Battle 2: Groh VS Voldo, both using alternate colours.
Battle 3: Ivy VS Voldo

Gee I guess the game REEEEALLY wants me to stare at Voldo's crotch -_-

EDIT: Yeah Arcade hasn't been great for a while. At least Soulcalibur III had Tale of Souls which I thought was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the choices and hidden fights and stuff plus the playing out of the story.

Can anyone tell me how to unlock the "Nameless Ordeal" event battle music?

I've beaten Libra and the main story soul chronicle yet this hasn't been unlocked...

Can anyone tell me how to unlock the "Nameless Ordeal" event battle music?

I've beaten Libra and the main story soul chronicle yet this hasn't been unlocked...
I'm pretty sure you get it from completing Grøh's Soul Chronicle, since it's a recurring theme that's used for his story. Maybe Azwel's as well.

Back