Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I don't think it's a bug. The Ancient doesn't even use her style. Makes me wonder if there was some litigation issues with Square Enix that didn't want 2B to be added into the Soul Calibur story modes somehow? (Is this because Final Fantasy and Nier would become apart of the same universe since Tekken and Soul Calibur are? Noctis is apart of the Tekken story now since he goes fishing with Lars lol) They on the other hand offered her to be fully customized where as Geralt only appears in the story. Must be the trade off for the same level of kick back.
What? That doesn't even make any sense... what style does the Ancient use then? Edge Master? And 2B's trailer was story-related already, Ivy existing in the world of Nier Automata, which is implied to be our world, in the year 11945.

But guest stories in SoulCalibur have never been strictly canon, just given a handwave excuse that gives them context and then the next game pretends they never happened. If Mitsurugi mentions Geralt in SoulCalibur VII, I would be surprised.

What? That doesn't even make any sense... what style does the Ancient use then? Edge Master? And 2B's trailer was story-related already, Ivy existing in the world of Nier Automata, which is implied to be our world, in the year 11945.

But guest stories in SoulCalibur have never been strictly canon, just given a handwave excuse that gives them context and then the next game pretends they never happened. If Mitsurugi mentions Geralt in SoulCalibur VII, I would be surprised.
Yeah but it's not explaining why Square Enix and Project Soul seemed to give her a story teaser and then take her out entirely. And not even a CaS Ancient can use her style to test you? And it could just be them being lazy but still.

The DOA6 demo is out now. Lasts. Until Monday.

It's out since yesterday ^^ Can't wait to try Christie :)))

(Sorry for OT lol)

you always forget that the Japanese audience is a huge part of Namco's consumer base

I'm very curious about this point because i have to say, prior to you joining this site, i've never once seen a single comment suggesting the Japanese audience had anywhere close to the interest for this series as US or Europe. Its generally that very point which is referenced to explain Namco's treatment to this series. Although it may seem as if that changed a bit for this installment.

Look, I'm not trying to say that SCIII hit the level of saturation that previous games in the franchise did. The console release really hit the competitive SC community like a bit of a wrecking ball. But I'm trying to tell you (and you really should trust me) that the tale you've woven for yourself (based on supposition on your part rather than first-hand experience of what was actually happening among players not similarly situated to your own circumstances and level of engagement with the compettive scene pre-SCIV) about how "the general public didn't have access to the game" is just not accurate.

Yeah, i can't speak for everyone. Fair enough point but at the same time, i don't think my example here is particularly strange or uncommon. If i didn't have access to it but did for the majority of other standard titles, then i think myself and anyone with similar living situations would consider the game less relevant than other titles comparatively speaking.

But comparing it to Soul Calibur Legends, a budget knock-off beat'em-up with motion controls on the Wii, in terms of popularity, exposure, and influence on the later series? Come on man, get real.

Again, i want to make sure its clear that when i made the relevancy comparison, it wasn't about SC3 ae being a bad game, or about Legends being good. As i pointed out to Dante earlier, i'll admit this is actually about that ongoing season 2 argument and SC3 ae being used as justification to explain Li Long and Hwang. Originally, you were discussing fantasy elements in the series and dismissed Legends as being irrelevant and i immediately remembered the SC3 ae argument and it struck me as a hypocritical. But i think the SC3 ae relevancy issue depends on what exactly we're talking about. In the case of returning characters, not so much IMO.

It's out since yesterday ^^ Can't wait to try Christie :)))

(Sorry for OT lol)

Got some news for you then! Read this on SRK

Not surprisingly, Christie has been nerfed. Lost a launcher and some mixup options and she doesn’t seem to do good damage. All she seems to have left is somewhat decent frame data.

Now you know what to ask Team Ninja when they do their survey.

Tried it and it´s awesome, Hitomi is so sexy.

Did anyone else notice this? Amy's CaS parts and weapons are listed on Soul Archive.

That extra hairstyle looks like it'll be useful. This game needs more curly/wavy hair options.

Back