Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Afaik, the hair is shown as is in the list of parts we're getting with the DLC, and since 2B's hair has the accessory in the hairstyle, it's not farfetched it's also the case here.

Edit: my bad, I checked and I was wrong, I was convinced the accessory was with the haircut ^^ so you're absolutely right ^^
Just wanted to make sure you weren't caught off guard. I always hate it when I'm mistaken about a feature in something, and only find out the truth after it's already out.

I was wrong about all the characters in VI not having an accessory as a part of their hairstyle though. 2B slipped my mind because she's a guest. While I normally hate the hair, accessory combo, I guess it's acceptable when it comes to guests. Especially since she's the only guest character that's been customizable & comes with CAS parts.

Last edited:
Wait did i miss something or what? there are 2 Asta in FR Top 8 did he get buff in last patch or it's just that people starting to realize his potential? Or maybe both?
Both, without question. I didn't want to say as much here, of all places, because I didn't want to start a flame war between Astafans and their griefers, but I had an impression all along that the gripes about him were mostly half-baked and that the patching necessary to make him viable (/even dominant again) would not be substantial.

The issue, insofar as I could tell, was that the specific concerns about Asta were really, really obvious problems (I speak here primarily of the whiffs), and because those were undeniable issues that we can all agree no player should have to deal with and which can easily catch the attention of the hardcore with a few memey animated gifs, the myth of Astaroth being broken/low tier grew at a rate out of proportion with the actual limitations of his moveset. But I have a few Astaroth-fixated buddies (and beyond that, even at the height of the issues, he was hardly a rare face in online play and still making a strong showing in tournaments so far), so I was frequently seeing the carnage he could still wage in a very short amount of time, and how difficult it could be for even experienced players to contend with his ability to control the flow of a fight with the right combination of zoning. punctuated by occasional command grabs.

So yeah, at the end of the day, I think Astaroth is just one of those characters who was always going to take a little bit of extra time for the pros to work out the kinks and the fact that they are now doing so at the same time that PS finally addressed the bugs and gave a not insubstantial amount of buffs in the last balance patch...I think we're all in for a bit of a challenge now--especially those of us who specialize in rushdown characters. I dare say people will even be gripping about his being OP in the near future--but then, that is the predictable cycle of things, isn't it? :)

That ring out was absolutely bullshit.
Eh, I don't know. I've looked at that clip (or more specifically the first few seconds) about fifty times now, and I have to say, it looks to me like what happened there was probably a legitimate ring out. It's not like he splatted and clipped through the barrier somehow (that would be incredibly unlikely); rather if you look closely, what appears to happen is that he is ringed-out and the glitch was that the wall-splay animation took over (because of proximity to the barrier) creating the impression (if you're just watching it once or twice at regular speed) that he went through the barrier.

Don't get me wrong--that never should have happened regardless, even if it was a visual bug and not an outcome-determinative one, but the question, as I see it, is whether that would have been a ring-out regardless of the wall splat animation, and I think maybe it was, though I'll admit it's tough to say with a high degree of confidence from that angle.

Eh, I don't know. I've looked at that clip (or more specifically the first few seconds) about fifty times now, and I have to say, it looks to me like what happened there was probably a legitimate ring out. It's not like he splatted and clipped through the barrier somehow (that would be incredibly unlikely); rather if you look closely, what appears to happen is that he is ringed-out and the glitch was that the wall-splay animation took over (because of proximity to the barrier) creating the impression (if you're just watching it once or twice at regular speed) that he went through the barrier.

Don't get me wrong--that never should have happened regardless, even if it was a visual bug and not an outcome-determinative one, but the question, as I see it, is whether that would have been a ring-out regardless of the wall splat animation, and I think maybe it was, though I'll admit it's tough to say with a high degree of confidence from that angle.
this isn’t supposed to be a nasty dig, but i am genuinely amazed by how you can use nearly two hundred words to say something that only needs ten or twenty lol

can you really take breaks that long in between sets. like that 5 minutes of no play really cooled of clob
I'm unsure. I believe it's uncommon. I think it was deserved though because I've never seen that happen and it definitely was an error. I would be so disheartened if that happened to me. Like, he incurred a wallsplat then somehow ended up inside the low wall and then died by ring out.

this isn’t supposed to be a nasty dig, but i am genuinely amazed by how you can use nearly two hundred words to say something that only needs ten or twenty lol

I don't think it's particularly "nasty" but that definitely is a dig, and in my opinion a fairly inaccurate one in this instance. You ought to know how quickly and easily people get pissy or defensive or judgmental about any opinion voiced on this forum, so especially when you are talking about a technical issue, it pays be clear about just what you describing in explicit and clear terms, to head misunderstandings and headaches off before they happen. That's exactly what I did there, and I don't think three whole sentences was exactly excessive to the task..

And honestly, because we are talking about, essentially, frame data here, I don't know how I would have said that in both an accurate and clear fashion with less moving parts even if I wasn't choosing my words carefully. If I had said merely "no, he was out anyway" I guaruntee you that would have led to debate on some grounds or another. Describing it as I did sidestepped that annoyance, so I'm not feeling particularly apologetic for my reasonable choice of words.

I don't think it's particularly "nasty" but that definitely is a dig, and in my opinion a fairly inaccurate one in this instance. You ought to know how quickly and easily people get pissy or defensive or judgmental about any opinion voiced on this forum, so especially when you are talking about a technical issue, it pays be clear about just what you describing in explicit and clear terms, to head misunderstandings and headaches off before they happen. That's exactly what I did there, and I don't think three whole sentences was exactly excessive to the task..

And honestly, because we are talking about, essentially, frame data here, I don't know how I would have said that in both an accurate and clear fashion with less moving parts even if I wasn't choosing my words carefully. If I had said merely "no, he was out anyway" I guaruntee you that would have led to debate on some grounds or another. Describing it as I did sidestepped that annoyance, so I'm not feeling particularly apologetic for my reasonable choice of words.
you....you just did it again...

you....you just did it again...

I do have a two word response which was/is my preferred response to this kind of pedantic criticism--I can PM it if you like. Seriously, you describe the exact situation with the frames that I was describing in less words, without leaving out necessary information. I'd like to see it.

I do have a two word response which was/is my preferred response to this kind of pedantic criticism--I can PM it if you like. Seriously, you describe the exact situation with the frames that I was describing in less words, without leaving out necessary information. I'd like to see it.
"I could say "f*ck you" but I'm too polite. Show me how you describe this exact situation with less words."

Done Kappa

"It looks to me like it was a legitimate ring out. Yoshi's move sent Asta over the wall and out of the ring but since they were so close to the barrier it had the wall splat animation after Asta was already out of the ring. That's really weird and I hope they fix that."

That’s pretty much gets your main point across, right?

Last edited:
Wasn’t criticising. Like I said, I’m genuinely intrigued by your tendency to do that kind of thing lol. Sorry for expressing it tho, I’ve clearly struck a nerve

Wasn’t criticising. Like I said, I’m genuinely intrigued by your tendency to do that kind of thing lol. Sorry for expressing it tho, I’ve clearly struck a nerve
No, it's fine, really. I'm sure I can be verbose now and again. I don't think that particular post was a great example of it, but I did (and do) take you at your word that you don't mean to be rude by it. And even my responses to Ninja and John are meant in good humour; I might disagree on where the line is and whether to critism is reasonable, but I'd rather respond with a counter-joke than be pissy about it.

It was a business decision. No other guest would have sold nearly as well as 2B, all things considered. As for the season pass being "4 waifu", the only other options were Rock, Li Long, Yun-seong, Setsuka, Aeon, Hwang, Algol, Hilde, and Dampierre. And among those, the other two most popular choices, Setsuka and Hilde, are also "waifu". So.... yeah. Business is business.
I partially agree, unprofitable games are doomed, so money rules the gaming world.
But the main problem of the "waufu" is that SC will not be able to compete with "DEAD OE ALIVE"
One of my youtube friends played for 2B and Ms MegaTits Taki. Now he has gone into "DEAD OE ALIVE" and is not going to return in SC

The copykin problem is not only in this game. Ryu and Ken in "Street Fighter", or lot of colored ninjas in early "Mortal Kombat"
However, other gamemakers gradually understood their mistakes, and gradually reduced the number of copikins or made from a copykins to full-fledged unique characters.
So I think re-publishing old copikins (Rock, LiLong) is a bad idea.

LOL, what? Now I'm not saying that you never saw a person suggest those two characters at some point, but "a lot" of people have been advocating for the Highlander? To the extent of their being better picks than Tira, Cassie, or Amy? I'm sorry, did I fall into a Soul Calibur-style time portal back to the mid-90's this morning, and not notice until now. Man, I say this even as someone who actually has two Highlander-based creations in their personally-created library right now: there's no way Duncan Macleod and friggin' Robin Hood are at the top of the list of most marketable potential Soul Calibur characters.
There is only one way to test your guess - direct voting poll of popularity.

I'm unsure. I believe it's uncommon. I think it was deserved though because I've never seen that happen and it definitely was an error. I would be so disheartened if that happened to me. Like, he incurred a wallsplat then somehow ended up inside the low wall and then died by ring out.

one legendary time was when sonicfox faced go1 and go1 3-0 him (go1 was HOT) and then fox wanted to switch sides but that took like 7 to 10 minutes and cooled him off so bad cause fox 3-0 him back. lol

Back