Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It's exactly 05:37 AM in my country, I watched this for nothing.
wbn02p4axea01.png

While on the subject of ringouts, I'm curious: what does everybody think about ringout throws like Yoshimitsu's or Taki's, when the user flies out of the ring together with the victim but still wins?

While on the subject of ringouts, I'm curious: what does everybody think about ringout throws like Yoshimitsu's or Taki's, when the user flies out of the ring together with the victim but still wins?

Err I'm pretty sure the user gets preference for the win

I'm confused by the rose thing... is Amy suddenly throwing roses every other move? Cause if so that's kind of silly, it's not like she's Gambit and can infuse the roses with the ability to explode, their just roses, and um... where is she getting these roses from... getting nervous here about this new mechanic...
It's explained in the twitter pictures. 6B+K and 4B+K are the moves for throwing roses. And you can also do it at the end of certain moves (with B+K input). It's not automatic.

We'll have to see how useful it ends up being. It reminds of me of how Zasalamel has a mechanic for stacking purple orbs on the enemy, or how Tira can stay in gloomy all the time if you meet certain criteria.

It's explained in the twitter pictures. 6B+K and 4B+K are the moves for throwing roses. And you can also do it at the end of certain moves (with B+K input). It's not automatic.

We'll have to see how useful it ends up being. It reminds of me of how Zasalamel has a mechanic for stacking purple orbs on the enemy, or how Tira can stay in gloomy all the time if you meet certain criteria.
Yeah but that wasn't an answer to the question. Is she built to be expected to toss roses around like she's the flower girl at a wedding to gain flower power?

I'm completely giddy over Amy's movelist. Confirmation on quick stance-shifting and the classic cancels was all I wanted. Feels like I'll be able to wreak havoc on anybody once again (and get annihilated in mirror matches once again).

I do wonder how much of a damage difference there is between her normal CE and the rosed up versions. It would suck hard if her non-rosey one is weaker than the norm.

People are going to be compairing 1B (2B+K prior) to the bubonic plague.

Last edited:
It was an answer to your question actually. You asked if a lot of her moves involve throwing roses and Sectus responded that only a few involve such animations. You only specified in your last post that you were referring to how vital the mechanic is to how she plays.
No, my question was clearly whether she will be expected to throw roses every other move as part of her gimmick. It doesn't matter if only one move is the rose throw if in order to be viable she's expected to do that move constantly to build up flower power.

My question was whether she'd be expected to throw roses around constantly.

Back