Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

kind of tragic,, i wish online was more fun & better structured

hopefully more people come back to play on the 26th

Yes the player base is sure to increase but most probably it will be just a short burst before it falls down the same. Well it is as it is

Is just me or are folks genuinely shook about Amy’s arrival I follow a lot of competitive players on twitter and it’s pretty much Anti-Amy.

She can’t be that bad, I mean it’s not like the rest of the cast is shit o_O

...Also happy to hear Zas is getting a new SC move! =D

I personally haven't played Rank since December and i'm not going back to it unless they remove CaS from it or separate Rank CaS from Rank default characters (don't mind CaS/ different costume of course, just speaking about different characters), which i'm starting to suspect they won't do it lol

Is just me or are folks genuinely shook about Amy’s arrival I follow a lot of competitive players on twitter and it’s pretty much Anti-Amy.

She can’t be that bad, I mean it’s not like the rest of the cast is shit o_O
I think most of those people are just afraid Amy’s going to be as dominant as she was in 4. It seems like they’re forgetting that the competitive balance in that game was shit compared to 6, so I’m not particularly worried.

I think most of those people are just afraid Amy’s going to be as dominant as she was in 4. It seems like they’re forgetting that the competitive balance in that game was shit compared to 6, so I’m not particularly worried.
She might be one of the fastest characters (if not the fastest) in the roster, and with her speedy mixups I can understand that people are anxious. I'm guessing her pressure game will be insane.

SCIV had it's balance issues, but Amy was not among them; she was barely, barely middle-tier in that game. Her damage was so paltry, sticking with her long enough to make her viable was a labour of love. You had to be on your shit to add up the damage. The reason I think she leaves a stinging memory is that for those who persevered, when you win with Amy, it's often an embarrassing affair for the other player. Lots of getting lured in by backstance (which triggers aggro from most players like nothing else, but is actually one of Amy's strongest positions to counter from), backstep fake-outs, and huge combos. Amy's not (or at least in SCIV was not) particularly strong, but that moveset oozes style and often involves making the other player complicit in their downfall. The combination is such that people feel burned, and being on tilt like that tends to create a longer lasting impression.

Last edited:
Yeah, 4 really was a mess in the balance department. But really I think it’s perfectly understandable that some people are afraid of what Amy could do in SC6, especially going off of the notes that Ninjaguy made when play testing her during the event.

where did you hear this?

From people that attended the event.

Zasalamel B+K,B in Soul charge throws out a break attack projectile that curses on block Haha!

Which I’m happy with as a Zasalamel player since some of y’all like to run out of abyss range =D

I never even touched Amy in 4 but fought against her a lot, but I’m genuinely happy she’s returning and I’m even gonna try her out myself.
(Personally she seems a hell of a lot more fun to play than Raphael and I love win quotes that tilt people LOL)

It's so much worse than that, though.

SCIV had it's balance balance issues, but Amy was not among them; she was barely, barely middle-tier in that game. Her damage was so paltry, sticking with her long enough to make her viable was a labour of love. You had to be on your shit to add up the damage. The reason I think she leaves a stinging memory is that for those who persevered, when you win with Amy, it's often an embarrassing affair for the other player. Lots of getting lured in by backstance (which triggers aggro from most players like nothing else, but is actually one of Amy's strongest positions to counter from), backstep fake-outs, and huge combos. Amy's not (or at least in SCIV was not) particularly strong, but that moveset oozes style and often involves making the other player complicit in their downfall. The combination is such that people feel burned, and being on tilt like that tends to create a longer lasting impression.
I will highly disagree on Amy being barely mid tier. She was definitely amongst the strongest characters in SCIV and on top of it (if my memory serves me right on that one) she could be played in a pretty brain-dead manner and still be effective. I liked to dance and twirl with her but that does not change the fact that it was in many regards a fancy bonus

I'm not so sure this will always be the case. Once more characters make the cut I will definitely play more.
Well I will definitely give Amy some love (however bad it may sound) but I will still stand still on a beach, looking into evening stars waiting for Cass

Back