Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I didn't know that her WNF aGI works like that, that is interesting so I did some testing. It starts with a RE parry and shifts to aGI after consecutive horizontal attacks, but this makes it difficult for Talim to punish attacks. She herself can't be punished after reflecting though so it might not truly be detrimental. Impact window for reflecting seems to be i14-22 or so. Similar to BBB, the parry glitch only happens if you immediately cancel with G, while staying in WNF for even a slight moment will make it work as intended. The impact speed of the attack being 'reflected' doesn't actually matter.

Generally my findings as well. I would constitute it as detrimental, because as I, and many other Talims agree, it probably just be better if it didn't have the aGI and you just high crushed. Sometimes you lose your punish because they did AA above your head and the aGI triggers when you were about to blow your load all over them. Damn shame...

To me, BBB seems like a move that could be useful to try and confuse the opponent. Even though Talim's BB is safe on block, you can frame trap her afterwards and it makes her more predictable as opposed to mixing it with BBB every once in a while. She can also cancel into stance to try interrupting whiff punish attempts if the opponent uses attacks with fast recovery.

Mmm... I would say RE stance cancels are too slow to be worthwhile from that position. You lose the surprise factor if it's not done on defense or neutral. It's usefulness would depend more on WNCs ability to actually step something, which it almost never does, because it's got a big fat hurtbox. WNC only steps something if it syncs up just the right way where your move starts, then WNC starts at the same time. Against Asta for instance (not sure if this still works, could be patch changes since I tested), if you AAB(B)~WNC, you avoid Asta's knee if he attacks you with it. Very rare WNC ever works for stepping purposes, sadly.

About the changes to RE and GI mechanics... I don't agree with it. There was no need to nerf them as they were already risky tools to begin with, especially RE. The meter gain for RE is indeed high, but the initiator deserves to be greatly rewarded for using such a risky move. You can simply use G in round 2 if you don't want to take the risk and let the opponent gain so much meter. I agree that JG should reduce guard damage and I've had that opinion ever since the game was released. The developers should implement that, along with slightly increasing the guard stamina replenish rate to accommodate these new changes because now, it's too easy to get guard crushed.

I'll need to experiment with the changes more, but right now I am okay with RE nerfs. I think RE already did a lot beyond stopping certain mix-ups, like building meter, potentially doing a ton of damage, and such.

Still disliking GI nerfs despite the fact I am usually the one getting GIed (Cause Talim yo), and do wish JGs halved or reduced guard damage in some capacity. Few other things, but I actually sort of want to make a video rambling about such things.

Viola was never a favorite of mine but we'll see how they handle the transition from Amy to Viola unless they throw in some kind of curve ball in future games. I will admit the art showing Viola in the crystal ball was very nice

so i know it's early but I am curious if Libra of Souls got updated with any Amy CAS random's using her style
Her Ancient uses her style, unlike 2B, but I haven’t seen any random encounters with her style.

Now would this be setup for Viola in Season 2/ future DLC? Or do you think like Soul Calibur VII.

I know the timeline is kinda irrelevant, but it feels too soon for viola. Though anything can happen
Definitely SoulCalibur VII, at the earliest. They didn’t even deliver with Amy going so far as to see Raphael fight Nightmare, so that story needs to be told, and we need to find out if we are diverging or not, because Algol still stands in our way before Raphael becomes Nightmare and Amy becomes Viola, if we aren’t diverging. Amy’s Soul Chronicle could have proven a divergence, but it did not, and still sets up SoulCalibur II like everyone else, so it’s still distant future. The timeline isn’t irrelevant at all, not sure what you mean by that.

Her Ancient uses her style, unlike 2B, but I haven’t seen any random encounters with her style.

Definitely SoulCalibur VII, at the earliest. They didn’t even deliver with Amy going so far as to see Raphael fight Nightmare, so that story needs to be told, and we need to find out if we are diverging or not, because Algol still stands in our way before Raphael becomes Nightmare and Amy becomes Viola, if we aren’t diverging. Amy’s Soul Chronicle could have proven a divergence, but it did not, and still sets up SoulCalibur II like everyone else, so it’s still distant future. The timeline isn’t irrelevant at all, not sure what you mean by that.

because they keep forshadowing viola, this clearly isn't a "reboot" as they have stated in the past. They are clearly picking and choosing various threads from the whole series to tie together

because they keep forshadowing viola, this clearly isn't a "reboot" as they have stated in the past. They are clearly picking and choosing various threads from the whole series to tie together
I agree that it isn't a reboot, since there still haven't yet been any events that contradict the original timeline. The timeline still matters, though. None of the stories have gone past the beginning of SoulCalibur II. It was supposed that Amy's was going to break this pattern and extend into SoulCalibur III, but it did not. Cassandra's story will assuredly also be limited by this, as well as any future DLC characters in the expected season two.

The possibility of divergence exists in SoulCalibur VII, but SoulCalibur VI seems hellbent on staying the course of the original timeline.

Edit: Toned down the commas.

Last edited:
I think my least favorite part about the Amy DLC is the fact that we still can't use Dance of the Oracle as fight music. :sc5vio1:

I really don't understand why we can't, since other event battle music can be selected. I was ready to replace Moon of Oblivion, too. I guess not. :sc4amy1:

Basically, Talim's RE cancel got nerfed by a universal change. This also benefits Ivy and 2B honestly. It benefits a lot of people by forcing conservative usage.View attachment 60687

I really don’t like the change on GI I don’t mind RE so much but the two together heavily nerfs defence.

I don’t wanna use GI now as I feel like I’m putting myself at disadvantage.

I could get reGI and the cost of my GS would be a waste especially against hard hitting characters that stack GS damage pretty quickly.
And characters like 2B that spam the shit out of moves I find myself locked in without GI or RE.

Maaaaybe it’s time to give SC a break as this meta change is annoying.

Viola was never a favorite of mine but we'll see how they handle the transition from Amy to Viola unless they throw in some kind of curve ball in future games. I will admit the art showing Viola in the crystal ball was very nice

Anyone have a pic of this??

Anyone have a pic of this??
w2h5vcz.jpg

ccpeIK5.jpg

Edit: The first artwork had some white lines along the top, for some reason. I fixed it.

Last edited:
So as far as my judgement goes, Amy's story chronicle suggests there won't be a Viola DLC in the second Season Pass, yet with a clear setup we've got Viola is pretty much guaranteed for SC7...
...where she will most probably be retroactively fit into the whole Raphael vs. Nightmare scenario, since that conflict basically is the sole reason Azwel introduced Amy to the purple orb to begin with which is supposed to make Amy his obedient doll (mind control, dual personalities and amnesia incoming).
Also Z.W.E.I.'s chances to at least appear in SC7 (if not SC6 Season Pass 2 or 3 as a set up) just went up significantly.
Amy's maid basically demanded her to hire a bodyguard for the travel and I don't remember Amy to ever travel with a known character as her bodyguard in the original canon (correct me if I'm wrong), so young Z.W.E.I. is a good candidate.

@Klimat I agree and disagree with you:
I don't think anyone can really deny the connection, at this point. Viola was literally in the orb, as was mentioned above, and Amy has already begun to lose some of her memories. It will be interesting to see how the Viola/Raphmare story plays out, if Azwel will stick around to see it, or if he will be overthrown and the strings to his puppets cut, and they're lost and must find each other. I guess we'll find out in SoulCalibur VII.
I really didn't read into this at all. It seems like to me that Amy told Maelys to shove off and left to find Raphael on her own. The ending art suggests this, as it only shows Amy and Raphael. If she had agreed to hire a guard and travel with Maelys, I feel like the ending art would have been Amy setting off on her journey, party in tow, as a beginning of an adventure. It's possible I suppose, but I don't buy it.
I love playing as her so far but god, her death cry is awful
Simple fix for that, don't lose. :sc4amy1:

I don't think arcade has been as randomized as we had thought. Every round through Normal difficulty I've done, she's always been the 8th match.
I haven't experimented with all Arcade difficulties yet, but as far as I understand, the new rules are the following:
1). Stage order is set in stone across the board on all difficulties.
2). Legendary difficulty is completely set in stone with the order of opponents, no randomness whatsoever.
3). Bosses are set in stone (for example, Very Hard final boss is still Azwel no matter what).
4). Cursed Moonlit Woods stage is currently completely occupied by Amy. Combine it with the fact that stage order is set in stone across the board and it basically means one can always predict where Amy will show up in the Arcade. I believe this last rule is temporary due to Amy being a new character Bamco really want to show off. I expect Cursed Moonlit Woods stage to produce random encounters instead of Amy after a future patch or two. I'm pretty sure that will happen at least by the time Cassandra is released (also by that time I expect Cassandra to completely occupy Shrine of Eurydice: Cloud Sanctuary stage in return).
They left in files which define all the various properties of a character (meshes, size, gender, fighting style, etc). But no one has reverse engineered for the format of these. I can tell based on strings in the files that they're currently using assets of other characters. Which are the following:
Yell is based on 0x0C (Kilik)
Stone is based on 0x0C (Kilik)
Reptile is based on 0x0C (Kilik)
Yellow is based on 0x0D (Xianghua)
Star is based on 0x0F (Yoshimitsu)
Snow is based on 0x01 (Mitsurugi)

I'm not sure if there's much meaning to get from this. Yellow being Xianghua could maybe be a hint that Yellow is in indeed Hwang since they had similar movesets back in SC1. Yell is currently Kilik because of his staff and Hilde has a long weapon? That's kind of far fetched. If Stone and Reptile are Rock and Lizardman, then it makes no sense they'd use Kilik as placeholder.

But well, these could just be arbitrary placeholders with little meaning.
Snow and Mitsurugi also make sense since both Setsuka and Mitsurugi use Japanese martial arts with Iaido techniques (both sheathe/quickly unsheathe their swords mid fight a lot as a part of their fighting styles).

Amy is going to stir up some shit and probably annoy the living crap out of those who don't play her.
I guess I should use spoiler for these kind of things. I don't know really. Well, it couldn't hurt.

She can switch instantaneously between her low-mid-high auto-GIs; you can practically just spam them and it will connect like a third of the time, probably alot more if you do good reads. The thing is, using them alot will be very intimidating for slower opponents since it lowers their chances of getting hits in and puts them at risk. The aGIs can be connected to combo starters at any time regardless of successful GI. Her low aGI into the knockdown slide is filfthy.

What really makes Amy strong is that damn speed. Once you get going it's like watching a ping pong ball richocheting around the opponent. It's also easy to find openings with her, even against zoners like Mina and Ivy. 66A+B will cause headaches.
She doesn't need her roses at all. I would say she's already a certified beast and even moreso when using them.

Last edited:
Back