Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

@DanteSC3
No-no-no, the ending clearly does not suggest Amy traveling on her own. The ending art only shows Amy and Raphael, but it clearly is only a symbolic depiction far from reality, since Amy and Raphael are not actually anywhere near each other at that point in time. It simply meant to show how the only person on Amy's mind is Raphael, it doesn't mean there are no other people around her physically.
At one point Amy wanted to get into the library where Raphael was while Maelys had the key to the building, but refused to give it away without an emergency. So Amy threatened Maelys to create an emergency by cutting her own (Amy's) fingers one by one at which point Maelys had to give Amy what she wanted to prevent such a deed.
So later when Amy decides to go search for Raphael on her own, Maelys demands to go with her and to hire a bodyguard or else to start cutting her own (Maelys's) fingers one by one at which point to prevent such a deed Amy has to agree to both conditions.
Clearly Maelys's demand to Amy is a throwback to Amy's demand to Maelys and clearly both demands had the same effect of being successful. It's like poetry, they rhyme.

Also I don't expect any Raphmare in SC7, we'll have to deal with Vampraph first. We already know Azwel's cure will most probably be the reason for Vampraph to emerge instead of a regular malfested, now the only question is how Viola will fit into that plot along Azwel.

Amy is going to stirr up some shit and probably annoy the living crap out of those who don't play her.
I guess I should use spoiler for these kind of things. I don't know really. Well, it couldn't hurt.

She can switch instantaneously between her low-mid-high auto-GIs; you can practically just spam them and it will connect like a third of the time, probably alot more if you do good reads. The thing is, using them alot will be very intimidating for slower opponents since it lowers their chances of getting hits in and puts them at risk. The aGIs can be connected to combo starters at any time regardless of successful GI. Her low aGI into the knockdown slide is filfthy.

What really makes Amy strong is that damn speed. Once you get going it's like watching a ping pong ball richocheting around the opponent. It's also easy to find openings with her, even against zoners like Mina and Ivy. 66A+B will cause headaches.
She doesn't need her roses at all. I would say she's already a certified beast and even moreso when using them.

I don’t know, her fundamentals left me a little disappointed like her WS options are bad with only a mid kick that doesn’t seem safe, A and B options are high...
which is Sophitia food btw.

Her attack sequences seems readable (in terms of where the high attack is placed.
And she needs time for her attack to build up damage.
Not too mention the meta has changed in regards to GI since SC4 she does that too often and she’ll get blown up by break attacks or a well placed unblockable.

All of her tricks are locked behind stance variations so she seems to rely a hell of a lot on come backs, which is a very dangerous game to play since we’ve all just entered Buff City via Nerf defence town.

All of this has me really worried about Cassandra as she was SOOOOO much more aggressive in SC3 when compared to SC4 her, 4AB change from SC3 was the last straw amongst all her changes in 4 when I dropped her.

I actually hated SC4 Cassandra but they did that to let Sophitia take the spotlight and I feel they’ll do the same again.
Which in that case keep her, I’d rather have a brand new character than pale imitations.
Especially when the mechanics for SC6 encourages anything but.

Last edited:
I don’t know, her fundamentals left me a little disappointed like her WS options are bad with only a mid kick that doesn’t seem safe, A and B options are high...
which is Sophitia food btw.

Her attack sequences seems readable (in terms of where the high attack is placed.
And she needs time for her attack to build up damage.
Not too mention the meta has changed in regards to GI since SC4 she does that too often and she’ll get blown up by break attacks or a well placed unblockable.

All of her tricks are locked behind stance variations so she seems to rely a hell of a lot on come backs, which is a very dangerous game to play since we’ve all just entered Buff City via Nerf defence town.

All of this has me really worried about Cassandra as she was SOOOOO much more aggressive in SC3 when compared to SC4 her, 4AB change from SC3 was the last straw amongst all her changes in 4 when I dropped her.

I actually hated SC4 Cassandra but they did that to let Sophitia take the spotlight and I feel they’ll do the same again.
Which in that case keep her, I’d rather have a brand new character than pale imitations.
Especially when the mechanics for SC6 encourages anything but.
Personally I loved some aspects of Cass in SCIV. Didn't played her in SCIII so it's hard for me to compare but I definitely enjoyed her 4BB:A and 236:(B) combo. Also her 214 felt so good and well suited for her character. Also 6B - don't forget 6B. I hope she will be more straightforward character than Amy. She is a simple gal for a simple people like me

I really like that Amy's rose shenanigans carry over between rounds. Once you've collected them you got all those upgraded moves for the rest of the match. I quit Zas because of this aspect. Such a bummer having to collect anew for every round.

@Sectus I really hate to bother you....again! Can you debunk this? What even is this?

thank you!

Edit: I just wanted to also point out that Amy now has two pages in museum mode. One for "portraits" for which she is included with the main cast. The other is in the compendium with the other soul chronicle NPCs.

So obviously Cass and potentially Hwang could go there

Last edited:
thank you!

Edit: I just wanted to also point out that Amy now has two pages in museum mode. One for "portraits" for which she is included with the main cast. The other is in the compendium with the other soul chronicle NPCs.

So obviously Cass and potentially Hwang could go there
Li Long, Rock, and Yun-seong too.

Personally I loved some aspects of Cass in SCIV. Didn't played her in SCIII so it's hard for me to compare but I definitely enjoyed her 4BB:A and 236:(B) combo. Also her 214 felt so good and well suited for her character. Also 6B - don't forget 6B. I hope she will be more straightforward character than Amy. She is a simple gal for a simple people like me

I guess it’s an apples and oranges kinda thing.
She was hella goofy in 4 (including that CF).
In 3 she was a sarcastic hard hitting beast, and overall her hits sounded like the really hurt.
I know a lot of people were triggered in my local arcades back in the day.
She trolled so hard with her win quotes HAHA!

THANK YOU for debunking that awful speculation about DLC.
Natsu and Xiba?! FOH with that mess LOL.

Setsuka and Hwang for first season 2 DLC pleeeeease.

Also is this GI change permanent?
I H A T E it, it’s such a retard change to base play.

They’ve been playing fast and loose with the underlying mechanics of the game for awhile now. They need to settle in on something or it’s gonna feel like this game is in a perpetual beta stage

Back