Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I do like that they keep rolling out updates in tandem with the surveys every other month. Keeps the game fresh and it really feels like they're paying attention to what the community is asking of them. I'm sure they'll have something to do about the GI nerfs by the time the next major patch rolls around, just because of all the talk regarding the GI nerfs at the moment.

@Sectus I really hate to bother you....again! Can you debunk this? What even is this?

View attachment 60717
Pretty sure those references have always been there. I think I remember finding those at launch and thinking they were some kind of weird leftovers.

If you dig around, you'll also find random strings referencing Arthur, Charada, Olcadan, Pyrrha, Elysium, Li Long, Dampierre, and many other characters. The only characters I can't find any references to are Necrid and all old guests. I don't know why these references exist at all, but I don't think they mean anything.

Edit: After I finishing the post, I just thought of an extremely likely explanation. Those strings are probably used in gallery mode as titles for old concept art you can unlock.

Edit 2: Didn't see Autumn's post, but yeah, this is totally the gallery mode. You can even see in the picture the strings are called "Azwel 1", "Azwel 2", etc, which is how the gallery names pictures.

Last edited:
I guess it’s an apples and oranges kinda thing.
She was hella goofy in 4 (including that CF).
In 3 she was a sarcastic hard hitting beast, and overall her hits sounded like the really hurt.
I know a lot of people were triggered in my local arcades back in the day.
She trolled so hard with her win quotes HAHA!

THANK YOU for debunking that awful speculation about DLC.
Natsu and Xiba?! FOH with that mess LOL.

Setsuka and Hwang for first season 2 DLC pleeeeease.

Also is this GI change permanent?
I H A T E it, it’s such a retard change to base play.
Yeah I think I know what you're talking about. Personally I would love for them to sharpen her character, make her a bit less gooffy (just one butt attack please). Personally I keep on imagining her as a guard crash monster which would reward offensive gameplay. I also keep on thinking that it would be cool to give her a warhammer instead of a sword but that ain't happening. Overall I'm on the same page with you on how the character should feel but I also hope for some of her SCIV mechanics to also be incorporated into her kit

Last edited:
@Dissidia
I couldn’t agree more the underlying mechanics should be left alone, they should just concentrate on tweaking the characters or risk undoing everything they’ve worked hard on thus far.

Although I’m confused as to how this even became an idea considering Mina has a 46dmg GS vertical with the right trap.
And they’ve buffed a lot of characters offensive abilities (astaroth included).
Not to mention I’m sure they know Talim depends on RE cancels

Like... How?! o_O

I do like that they keep rolling out updates in tandem with the surveys every other month. Keeps the game fresh and it really feels like they're paying attention to what the community is asking of them. I'm sure they'll have something to do about the GI nerfs by the time the next major patch rolls around, just because of all the talk regarding the GI nerfs at the moment.

I’m confident they’ll fix it too but it’s a reckless change amidst competition.
My friends are currently trolling me about the GI patch and insisted DOA6 scrub pools are still open if I’m interested in getting into the game LOL.
And with MK on the way, now is not the time to play with the legs of the table.

Anybody notice Amy’s SCIV dress included in the patch can be extended with the Slit Skirt?

Not committed to purchasing the DLC girls just yet, but I really like the loose hairstyle.

Omg i love when dlc is released and everyone comes out their cave to use the same character with their potato wifi and spam the shit out of me
I never understood why people go online with new characters they barely understand. It's not a good experience for anyone. I spend days practising and learning moves/combos/mixups before online even crosses my mind.

I never understood why people go online with new characters they barely understand. It's not a good experience for anyone. I spend days practising and learning moves/combos/mixups before online even crosses my mind.
Because some work for a living and have family so don't have the time to perfect a character but do have time to hop on now and then for casual fun with other people. Is irritating to me when I see people thinking everyone needs to treat a game like some kind of professional sport or job as if it's serious business. Why I barely ever play online. I love soul calibur but am lucky if I get to play for two hours in a month. Guess online is something I should never play. Need to spend what little time I have in training.

Take note everyone, if you don't have time to dedicate to treating the game like a professional sport, stay offline. Online is only for dedicated professionals.

I quite become a bit too addicted to Aris's commentary lmao that it's quite hard to enjoy the others, the only one that came close is Yipes (no disrespect ot others there are a lot of others great commentators just that those 2 are unmatched), really hope that Aris will commentate SC6 Evo, at least the Top 8, since T7 Finals Top 8 are Sunday and SC6 is Saturday it's pretty much possible.

Because some work for a living and have family so don't have the time to perfect a character but do have time to hop on now and then for casual fun with other people. Is irritating to me when I see people thinking everyone needs to treat a game like some kind of professional sport or job as if it's serious business. Why I barely ever play online. I love soul calibur but am lucky if I get to play for two hours in a month. Guess online is something I should never play. Need to spend what little time I have in training.

Take note everyone, if you don't have time to dedicate to treating the game like a professional sport, stay offline. Online is only for dedicated professionals.
Yikes, simmer down there. I was speaking entirely from a personal viewpoint, as in I personally can't enjoy the experience if I get steamrolled continously by online players or, for that matter, fail to offer most people some kind of challenge. That's me. Good to meet ya. However, I guess there's a benefit in being carefree and casual about it, and I totally understand circumstances like a lack of spare time.

Yikes, simmer down there. I was speaking entirely from a personal viewpoint, as in I personally can't enjoy the experience if I get steamrolled continously by online players or, for that matter, fail to offer most people some kind of challenge. That's me. Good to meet ya. However, I guess there's a benefit in being carefree and casual about it, and I totally understand circumstances like a lack of spare time.
Sorry for the bite. Having a very stressful day. Posting from phone cause I get to relax at home so rarely these days. Kind of getting to me is all.

I'm absolutely loving all the banter between Amy and Raphael during fights. Nicely done!
Raph and Amy feel the most like truly fleshed out characters than all the rest really. Honestly I think their connection to each other feels the most real out of the entire cast. Their story and the way they've been done is plot wise like a daimond in the rough compared to the other plots.

Some of y’all bout to be real mad at me but it must be said... amy’s style is cheap and way too easy to use and it’s making me frustrated online. Still a lot of fun and my new main character though :-)

Back