Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Which if anyone was wondering is this thread here.

Seconding Windstar's sentiment; let's get all the Amy info collated in her Soul Arena so that more people will benefit :)
When a character is literally just released, it's a silly weird expectation to have them not discuss it in general, which is basically where we've all come to congregate to discuss whatever is most recent. It's just kind of what general has become, it's the place for discussion of new happenings and shiny in soul calibur.

Amy has been out like two days for people at most. I mean honestly what are you expecting from people?

In a way you could look at general as the local tavern or watering hole.

Last edited:
Those are some valid points but then again - with time it will be probably easier to get roses. Also - and I may be wrong about this so correct me if I do - isn't she quite safe? I mean her 22B or 3B aren't punishable iirc
I’m pretty sure the reason her base damage is low to begin with is because of the rose mechanic. If it was higher with her already relatively quick frame data and safety there’d probably be an immediate cry for nerfs, which is something PS wants to scale back on for the most part.

Guys, I did ask you nicely to move all Amy discussions/findings/impressions to the proper threads. This is the General Discussion thread, it's not the thread to discuss topics about Amy and yet you guys have done so for multiple pages.

I'm going to ask once more, nicely, please move all discussions about Amy to the proper threads, thanks.
Which if anyone was wondering is this thread here.

Seconding Windstar's sentiment; let's get all the Amy info collated in her Soul Arena so that more people will benefit :)
Yeah, well, whether you like it or not, we don't have to move anywhere if we don't want to. This is a GENERAL DISCUSSION thread, which means we can talk about anything in the game, specially the character that JUST GOT RELEASED.

what would you prefer we talk about? future dlc? well there’s an alternate thread for that. tournament season? thread for that too. E3 predictions? I think I saw a thread about that somewhere as well

the amy conversations are better than the passive aggressive duels that were going on prior to her release

what would you prefer we talk about? future dlc? well there’s an alternate thread for that. tournament season? thread for that too. E3 predictions? I think I saw a thread about that somewhere as well

the amy conversations are better than the passive aggressive duels that were going on prior to her release

but those duels were a great source of entertainment

Can someone explain in layman's terms what the changes to reversal edge and guard impact mean, and how it will change the game?
Both use significantly more guard gauge (what flashes yellow then red then your guard is broken if you keep guarding) than before, and Reversal Edge rewards less meter (for Soul Charge / Critical Edge) than before. Guard Impact, even a successful one, results in lost guard gauge. Moves that have Auto Guard Impact properties do not affect guard gauge.

It effectively increases the risk and reduces the reward, an overall nerf to both mechanics.

I’m pretty sure the reason her base damage is low to begin with is because of the rose mechanic. If it was higher with her already relatively quick frame data and safety there’d probably be an immediate cry for nerfs, which is something PS wants to scale back on for the most part.

My current thoughts so far are that she does have some crazy damage output when you know what you're doing with her but it does require the build up of getting both her white and red rose states. Once that happens you can rack up damage really quickly, its just getting there I think is going to be the main issue since for red rose at least there are a couple of ways to get it, but white rose has three options outside of using RE K and I'm finding it pretty tricky at least trying to find a way to combo naturally into it since 236 KB while nice probably shouldn't be the only way i should try stacking them in a match.

I end up finding I throw the first two rounds before getting white and red rose perception and then nuking three rounds straight so far, so personally I think her damage is fine, it's a little sad that they put the trade off into rose unlocks instead of spreading it out a bit more but that's a personal preference.

okay....but what else do you want people to talk about in the general discussion when a new character just released literally yesterday...lol
When a character is literally just released, it's a silly weird expectation to have them not discuss it in general, which is basically where we've all come to congregate to discuss whatever is most recent. It's just kind of what general has become, it's the place for discussion of new happenings and shiny in soul calibur.

Amy has been out like two days for people at most. I mean honestly what are you expecting from people?

In a way you could look at general as the local tavern or watering hole.
Yeah, well, whether you like it or not, we don't have to move anywhere if we don't want to. This is a GENERAL DISCUSSION thread, which means we can talk about anything in the game, specially the character that JUST GOT RELEASED.

Y'all need to chill.
I'm not saying "don't talk about Amy here" I'm saying that you should also post your findings in the Amy Discussion thread (you know so that the information is more widespread and further discoveries can come sooner. I can appreciate it didn't obviously look like that though.

Of course you're free to talk about a Soulcalibur VI character in the Soulcalibur VI thread. This is what the thread is here for?

Y'all need to chill.
I'm not saying "don't talk about Amy here" I'm saying that you should also post your findings in the Amy Discussion thread. I can appreciate it didn't obviously look like that though.

i can only speak for myself but i was responding moreso to this:

This is the General Discussion thread, it's not the thread to discuss topics about Amy

i can only speak for myself but i was responding moreso to this:
And that's fair enough. As far as I'm concerned y'all can rattle on about my main to your hearts content, like you said I'd rather that than petty little bitchfests. (It's less work for me too which is nice).

I think Windstar just wants to see the Amy SA grow and I can't fault that. But yes, post here all you want but if you would also go share things you find in the Amy thread that'd be A+.

Both use significantly more guard gauge (what flashes yellow then red then your guard is broken if you keep guarding) than before, and Reversal Edge rewards less meter (for Soul Charge / Critical Edge) than before. Guard Impact, even a successful one, results in lost guard gauge. Moves that have Auto Guard Impact properties do not affect guard gauge.

It effectively increases the risk and reduces the reward, an overall nerf to both mechanics.

Ah, I get it fully now. Thanks!! And I think you replenish guard guage by not blocking for a period of time if I am not mistaken, right?

And that's fair enough. As far as I'm concerned y'all can rattle on about my main to your hearts content, like you said I'd rather that than petty little bitchfests. (It's less work for me too which is nice).

I think Windstar just wants to see the Amy SA grow and I can't fault that. But yes, post here all you want but if you would also go share things you find in the Amy thread that'd be A+.
I think it was just how @Windstar worded his statement. It made some feel like he was trying to force any Amy discussion to a different part of the forum aka the Soul Arena. I’m sure he meant well and wanted the Amy SA to get some attention to which I can fully understand that. But his wording imho wasn’t thought out that well.

If it were me I would have just said: “I’m glad you guys are having fun and finding some stuff with Amy. If it’s not a problem, would you all be okay with sharing some of your findings for the character in the Amy Soul Arena so we can help new players to her become more invested with her in the game?” Instead of what he currently posted. :/

Back