Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The main issue with SC6 and competitive is that it doesn't have a proper Rank mode with all those character creations and edit. ... do you think that T7 and SFV would be big in competitive in it has character creation and edit in Rank mode?
I think so. Online rank mode in a fighting game is pretty much bullshit anyway, the unavoidable lag that all games have change the gameplay much more than any minor hitbox issues from CaS. Ranked mode has nothing at all with those other games being big in competitive.
I think you've the nail on the head. Maybe, if there were far fewer issues separating online ranked from proper competitive play, CaS would be on my radar, but as it is, the experience of random online play right now is so poor, CaS doesn't even come close to making the shortlist for issues holding up the experience. I honestly can scarcely play this game for 45 minutes at a time online before getting too frustrated to continue. To begin with, no matter which of the three platforms I play on, and no matter what settings I chose, I get a four bar connection once in maybe thirty games and despite my expressly setting my match conditions to the highest setting, I routinely get set up against one and two bar connections with opponents obviously playing on wifi. It's miserable.

On top of this, while the matchmaking has gotten just a little bit better since launch, you will still pretty regularly get matched against someone fifteen ranks above or below you--and it's almost worse when you're the player with the technical advantage, because the casual newbs are more than willing to leverage their one bar connections by hitting un-steppable/breakable REs (followed by unending CEs) over and over or other such horseshit, which an experienced player can just marginally deal with, even with lag, but which drains any joy or purpose from the experience, making it an outright chore. The netcode is mediocre, they are balancing towards this mess, the list just goes on and on for reasons why I can't stomach the online ranked play anymore and have taken to either 1) casual matches with people whose connections I trust, and 2) a kind of renaissance of couch play with friends, with just occasional bursts of ranked every few days, in small doses. I actually spend more time in training by a factor or about three than I do in ranked right now, because I just get so frustrated with the connections and the BS.

Compared against all of that, CaS seems truly trivial to me. I mean, sure people who create cube suits are just trolling douchebags and there's no other way to put it. But people get salty about any manner of CaS in ranked these days, just on principal, and I can't understand the logic--it's not like the experience would be pure and stable without it. It's like trying your soup at the restaurant, becoming instantly certain the waiter urinated in it, and then complaining about the temperature. Well...ok...but is that really the main problem?

Last edited:
I've been busy and couldn't play lately. Just wondering, is the matchmaking still slow? I heard a bug in the latest patch caused it a while back but I haven't tried it myself.

I've been busy and couldn't play lately. Just wondering, is the matchmaking still slow? I heard a bug in the latest patch caused it a while back but I haven't tried it myself.
It is indeed slower recently than it has been at any point since launch, although there was a week long and noticeable uptake immediately following Amy's release. However, I have not seen even a small amount of concrete evidence to support the theory that it is the result of a supposed glitch; I think this is just random speculation that grew wings. Rather I think the matchmaking has been lackluster since the beginning and as the total player pool diminishes, the situation just gets worse and worse. Of particular note, I am, for the first time since the game launched, very frequently being matches against the same people within minutes of our last being matched together, on all platforms and especially,= with characters at ranks in the E and D range. I think the evidence all points towards the newcomers thinning out.

Last edited:
I remember when Norik said:
Congratulations on 800 pages of cancer.
Now is 1500. We practically create a Biollante. I think he should be proud.

Implying SCVI knows how to matchmake the players.

Really though, matchmaking is still trash as it has been since release.

playing DOA6 online... even though the game is comparable to sc5 in terms of cut content, the online feels really good and unlike sc6 i never have any lag

Strong advice: Avoid wifi users at all cost. Wired/Ethernet = Straight bars; Wifi = Curly bars.
you know, since my bedroom got renovated my ethernet cable cant reach my ps4 so i’ve had to play on wifi — I don’t tend to have latency issues / lag when going up against someone with 4+ bars, and even with 3+ it’s rare. Do I just have really fast wifi/stable connection? (i literally know nothing about technology lol)

this is how i know DOA6’s online is far superior to sc6 though; even with ethernet i’d get laggy matchups on sc6, yet playing just on wifi DOA6 is really smooth and rarely stutters

no, England,,, why?
weird, im from the Netherlands yet i dont really come across Lag that often like 1 in 20 matches would be laggy, cus my experience has been good and i have to admit that it was really laggy at release the ration was back then like 50 to 60% of the matches would be laggy. i wonder how people in relatively the same place can have different experiences in SC6 online.

weird, im from the Netherlands yet i dont really come across Lag that often like 1 in 20 matches would be laggy, cus my experience has been good and i have to admit that it was really laggy at release the ration was back then like 50 to 60% of the matches would be laggy. i wonder how people in relatively the same place can have different experiences in SC6 online.
oh that is odd then, do you play wired or on wifi?

Edit: and generally USA has one of the worst internet infrastructures, thats why i asked if you were from USA.

Back