Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So I can be a lunatic fan and think this tweet confirms Yun-seong.. Kappa
D4GgnIbUcAE3Qqz.jpg

To be fair, Okubo kinda soft-hinted at the idea of Setsuka with that tweet of his. It might seem random of him to tweet about cherry blossoms, and one might think we're looking too far into it, but keep in mind that Okubo never makes random tweets as far as I've seen.

So if they swap Cass with Setsuka, I won't be surprised. It would kinda make sense to have Cass headline Season 2, get audiences super pumped.
swapping Cass with Setsuka would be the only way I'd be happy with saving Cass for S2. if I have to wait for both until S2, then my interest will drop off and I'll play other games, like Sam Sho in June.

To be fair, Okubo kinda soft-hinted at the idea of Setsuka with that tweet of his. It might seem random of him to tweet about cherry blossoms, and one might think we're looking too far into it, but keep in mind that Okubo never makes random tweets as far as I've seen.

So if they swap Cass with Setsuka, I won't be surprised. It would kinda make sense to have Cass headline Season 2, get audiences super pumped.
I’m pretty sure a massive amount would be hyped for Season 2 regardless of who was headlined for Season 2, be it Cass or Setsuka.

The guys who were doing the English stream were not good at all. No energy, no chemistry, it was quite annoying so I tuned in to the French stream which was miles better. I know Soul Calibur is in no position to get superstars to do commentary but at least get people that are capable or do no commentary at all. No offense to the guys who were doing it, good commentary isn't easy to do but the poor performance isn't something that can be pushed under the rug either.

Last edited:
Please, stop.

We all Cassie player are all hyped, we were waiting for her instead of Amy because she was supposed to be first acording to the leaks, if now they release Setsuka to put her in S2, they will really piss of a lot of fans (they do know we know about those leaks), I don`t know if good idea, so I still think it`ll be Cassie next.

The guys who were doing the English stream were not good at all. No energy, no chemistry, it was quite annoying so I tuned in to the French stream which was miles better. I know Soul Calibur is in no position to get superstars to do commentary but at least get people that are capable or do no commentary at all. No offense to the guys who were doing it, good commentary isn't easy to do but the poor performance isn't something that can be pushed under the rug either.

The handful of local UK events I've been to I've never seen Hyrul or Silent Joel commentating so I wonder how much experience they have. Most of the regular commentators where still in the tournament so I guess that's why they had to be on the mic. Either way the SC community could do with some more standalone commentators, everyone talks about Aris but he is only one guy.

I'll be damned.

Still, I'd say the possibility that Setsuka was teased is real.
That ain't happening - sorry. If for any bizarre reason that would indeed turn out to be true then I'm uninstalling right away lol.
Tho the only good thing from that would be an actual confirmation for season2

Either way the SC community could do with some more standalone commentators

Sandman, Linkorz, Omega are Boom are decent at commenting but those are American players that commentate American tournaments, it just seems the UK side is lacking when it comes to Soul Calibur. As Brit it's a bit disheartening that we don't have enough interest like the French do.

Sandman, Linkorz, Omega are Boom are decent at commenting but those are American players that commentate American tournaments, it just seems the UK side is lacking when it comes to Soul Calibur. As Brit it's a bit disheartening that we don't have enough interest like the French do.
Feelsbadman
Yeah, no one here really seems to take as much interest. Sad. Guess we just need someone to really hype us up.

That ain't happening - sorry. If for any bizarre reason that would indeed turn out to be true then I'm uninstalling right away lol.
Tho the only good thing from that would be an actual confirmation for season2
What's your inside source? You say that like you're so sure.

Again, remember Cass was supposed to be before Amy according to the leak. I'm just saying that swapping out Cass isn't out of the realm of possibility.

The Soul fandom seems to think that developing a character takes two seconds, despite the fact that we've had several months between the release of every DLC character. Shelving a fully developed character in favor of one that the dev team has only started to work on recently (we don't even know if this much is true; this is only an assumption) would make no sense on any level. Project Soul would have to shift their entire focus onto Setsuka and work on overdrive to get her to reach the level of quality that Cassandra has already through months upon months of gradual effort, just for a fakeout.

The DLC process isn't as a simple as the dev team deciding which character they want in the game, and then they're magically in the game!

Also, there's a huge misconception about the Cassandra Amy switch. People keep bringing up how it was to mix things up after the leaks happened, but through looking up some basic facts there's another explaination. Amy was unveiled when she was because there was a big Japanese event at the time. She absolutely destroyed everyone on a Japanese popularity poll (Cassandra included) so it made sense to unveil her where her popularity is the greatest. Meanwhile, e3 is coming up here in America, and Cassandra is a big deal in the west (muuuuuch bigger than Setsuka). Yes, the hardcore SC fanbase loves the umbrella-sword wielder, but common gamers are more familiar with the poster woman for SC2 (the biggest game in the series) than the third most relevant character introduced in SC3, which was a game almost nobody played back when it was released (my twelve year old self was one of the rare exceptions).

Last edited:
Back