Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

What would make a better soulcal game?

1) A large roster with simple, straightforward movesets, 2) A smaller roster with big, deep dive movesets, or 3) large roster/complexity?

Go back to the fighting essence and purity of the best installment in the series, use game mechanics & movesets from Soulcalibur 1, remove critical edge, reversal edge and capcomized super meters.

All of the above + story cinematics = much better Soulcalibur

I know what you're saying, there seems to be a trend creeping into Soul Calibur where characters have to do so many specific moves just to unlock their full potential. Tria's, coda, Maxi's seven stars and now Amy's roses push you to grinding rather than fighting.

This pretty much sums it up, a trend. It encourages the use of certain moves and tactics a lot more.
Not that its awful, but it can really devalue some moves and at times can force you into a certain approach, which is little bit of a gripe for me at times.

Tracking verticals boil my piss.

I mean I get it, there are some verticals that are off-axis from the characters centre line e.g. cervy 3b.

But some others are just plain obnoxious. Feel like I'm trapped between a rock and a hard place with deciding to pointlessly step or just eat the guard damage.

#whineyscrub

Namco fix the hitboxes challenge
Okubo meme.jpg

I never thought I'd be so excited just to have more music.

Announce stages along side Cassandra it will be a miracle.
I agree on the music part. Soulcalibur 2 and 3 had the best soundtracks of the series. Just having that will make me a happy camper. And I hope they add a stage, since only 2b got a dlc stage and no other dlc characters. I wonder what stage would work with Cassandra anyway besides the Hephaestus Shrine we already have.

They really need to fix the hitboxes on several moves with the cast. Cervy players in particular I’ve heard are having these issues.

I agree on the music part. Soulcalibur 2 and 3 had the best soundtracks of the series. Just having that will make me a happy camper. And I hope they add a stage, since only 2b got a dlc stage and no other dlc characters. I wonder what stage would work with Cassandra anyway besides the Hephaestus Shrine we already have.
SC3 despite not being to my liking had great music! In all honesty Cassandra may work with a new shrine, that or a new take on their case of greek maps, one perhaps that isn't a shrine directly. I guess perhaps along lines of SC4 garden map. Though I don't quite recall what that was exactly. (if it was a shrine or not I mean)

They really need to fix the hitboxes on several moves with the cast. Cervy players in particular I’ve heard are having these issues.

There's quite a few in this game. I suppose it makes sense Amy has some problems being new but I literally had her CE go through the opponent as if they were a ghost, 2B specifically. I've found a fair few issues with her so far enough of them being able to ruin her performance (for some reason also randomly occurring I can't spot the specific cause of some of the problems, mainly being rose detection so far its happened against Siegfried/Nightmare/Maxi but is not consistent)

Back