Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

1) I love that we're getting more music but come on, we're more desperate for stages.
2) Cool... For more color variety for 3p and 4p. But it would have been better had there been an actual unique 2p outfit like in the past games then this. Thanks for reminding me for who's genius idea this was to cut out unique 2p outfits.
3) Items, what everyone said above lmao.
4) I really want Hwang/Setsuka/Hilde
; __;

Truly disappointed with the final accounting for CaS items in SCVI. A monumental step-down from SCV in the end. Between this and the DLC characters, I have no interest in any future season passes.

--Forgon

If those are all the parts then that's disappointing. Most of those look like trash.

Like seriously, who even thought anyone would want this?
View attachment 62325

Here's what that is:

Komusō wore a tengai or tengui (天蓋), a woven straw hat or kasa which completely covered their head like an overturned basket or a kind of woven beehive. The idea was that by wearing such a hat they removed their ego. What the hat also did was remove their identity from prying eyes. Further, the government granted the komusō the rare privilege to freely travel the country without hindrance—playing the flute for alms and meditation. This was because many komusō were spies for the Shogunate; and some were undercover spies, disguised as priests.[4]

For the record, i cant stand looking at that thing either and i feel the same over the other ridiculous japanese items such as the topknot hairstyle or that noble hat or whatever its called which shows up in every game.

The major issue with these things isnt just in how bad they look by themselves but also that they are so exclusive in their use and frequency that you never see them anywhere ever unless someone is specifically trying to design a historical accurate samurai style character. Bottom line with them is they just dont mix well with other things. Although i will say i do kinda like the traditional female hairstyle but that is just an exception with me personally.

Then add the fact this is a Japanese developed game and they will make sure to populate CAS with every size and sleeve variant of Kimono robes you can think of despite only having two ninjas and one samurai on the roster. We also get more Kabutos then i care to count.

To elaborate further, this is why i've never been a huge fan of the super stylized and unique looking equipment. Those things are just much harder to pair up with different combinations and i prefer using the more basic, standard looking items. The pattern, sticker and color options can go a long way to give them the "unique feel" people might want if they are too simple or boring. Otherwise i feel a lot of these weird looking armors and such need to be obscured or colored in a way that hides a lot of the extra noise people dont need or want on their character.

Last edited:
Hm, not a fan of the new RE visual effects. I get it they were trying to dispaly some information on timings there, but to me it just looks distracting and frankly kinda ugly.

can we all agree to chastise them for the low-effort cas items in the next feedback form they give us
On a personal note, I'm going to be attacking for more stages. At the very least I think CAS items will be in decent condition by the end. (Which isn't great I suppose). I do however think they would have been far more clever pushing ALL the CAS items from SC4/5 out in season 1 and by Season 2 adding new outfits plus classic outfit packs to compensate for 2Ps.

By the looks of how they're going this is far from the case. It makes me hope for a season 3 considering season 2 seems to possibly continue this trend with parts. I'll be even more excited for characters since we're not getting new parts or remakes of oldies.

So assuming Cassandra is the last DLC we know about, which of her outfits do you expect as the freebie?
SCIV 1P. 2P if they want an easy way to get more CAS parts out. I hope they approach the 1P route though.

Kinda wonder if we'll get a Cepheus Store-like thing this time around.
I really doubt it. There just doesn’t seem to be enough content to warrant it, for one, and for two, it would make the content released prior to much more awkward, less themed, less packed, and thus inconsistent. Nah, we’ll just stay the course as we already are.

So assuming Cassandra is the last DLC we know about, which of her outfits do you expect as the freebie?
I would say it’s almost certain that we will get her SoulCalibur IV 2p, considering we’ve had the hair since the very start.

So I’ve learned to accept that we won’t be getting 2P costumes. The 3P and 4P colors at times are varied enough to almost be 2P costumes though... so I half forgive them.

What do you guys think of the new colors? Good enough? Or is it 2P costumes or bust for you?

Back