Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So I’ve learned to accept that we won’t be getting 2P costumes. The 3P and 4P colors at times are varied enough to almost be 2P costumes though... so I half forgive them.

What do you guys think of the new colors? Good enough? Or is it 2P costumes or bust for you?
I don’t believe that we will ever get 2p costumes for SoulCalibur VI, but I hope they reconsider this position for SoulCalibur VII.

The new colors are alright, but not nearly good enough to be a replacement for 2ps. It’s kind of neat that they used some broken equipment for some of them for some variance, but it’s still a bit lazy.

Arthur is my favorite one, because it actually adds an extra part, but it just begs the question why they didn’t go ahead and just make “2p”s out of existing parts, that might have been pretty cool. Also, to paraphrase Seong Mi-na, where is Han-myeong?

The 2P/Atalanta set has pantyhose and I think boots. I’m sure if her boots are long, they’ll be of good use and hopefully without painful-looking heels.

Can Talim’s Jacket be worn over Amy’s dress by the way? I may try that for one OC since the Pirate Pareo has that clashing white locked into her design.

So I’ve learned to accept that we won’t be getting 2P costumes. The 3P and 4P colors at times are varied enough to almost be 2P costumes though... so I half forgive them.

What do you guys think of the new colors? Good enough? Or is it 2P costumes or bust for you?

I honestly haven't accepted this yet. if anything the 3P/4P colours have shown that we deserve more control over the appearance of the main characters rather than them giving us these colours we could have just had the choice to change eye and skin colour of the mains. Less effort for them having to design, more flexibility for us.

I honestly cant be at peace without having SC3 Amy, SC3 Hwang, SC3 2P Cassandra, SC3 2P Voldo, SC3 2P Siegfried. SC2 2P Talim. I love their designs in those games so much that I'd melt over them being available in official capacity. However this goes for almost any character. I want old outfits remade/ported to compensate for lack of new outfits. I can live without an official 2P unique to SCVI. But I definitly expect something to fill that void in some capacity.

But I guess to put it simply I have given up on the idea of new costumes coming in terms of new designs at least. But I'm still praying regardless. I can't bring myself to hate SCVI over lack of 2P though. But I'd be lying if I said I'm fine with this becoming common later in the series, I don't want the current practice with lack of 2P to stay.

OST for Mi-na, Taki, Mitsurugi, Hwang, Yun Seong, Li Long, Yoshimitsu, Setsuka, but only one oriental stage and unfortunately Proving Grounds 4K HD aesthetic does not match those tracks.
At least I can put The Evil Moon in Cursed Moonlit Woods.

Can Talim’s Jacket be worn over Amy’s dress by the way? I may try that for one OC since the Pirate Pareo has that clashing white locked into her design.
I’m pretty sure it can, the broken version of Amy’s dress, anyway.

At least I can put The Evil Moon in Cursed Moonlit Woods.
A good temporary placeholder until we get Dance of the Oracle when the SoulCalibur V OST drops, right? ...right?

And my personal favourite: "A cat that wants to get on the shoulder" which is 100% more motivation and characterization than ZWEI ever got.
Oh, I don't know, I think you have to look to the subtext of what the character design and behaviour suggests: in this light, I personally think ZWEI's motivations couldn't be more obvious: he's on a quest to pick up a bottle of Axe body spray, figure out what he did with the Ed Hardy shirt that is obviously meant to go with that outfit of his, and make it in time to the gig for his screamo band at a local dive bar, so he can hopefully score later on that night--if he can find a girl naive enough to not realize on first sight that he is just dripping with STDs. I think all of that should be pretty obvious just from looking him over for fifteen seconds. Mind you, he was going to spend the day attending a course in basic sword combat for the clinically retarded (Day One: which part of the sword you hold), but then looked around at the rest of the SCV cast and realized that it wasn't really vital information.

And speaking of SC6 for Switch, I'm surprised Namco never ported SC2 HD to a Nintendo platform. That could potentially let them have a version of SC2 where every single character is available (assuming they can get the rights for Spawn again).
Is there some kind of indication of a Switch version that I missed or did this discussion begin on account of speculation in your video? Personally, unless there's some indication otherwise from Namco, I think this is an extreme longshot. As I'm sure you know, the Switch runs on architecture that is far more different from the XBOX One and PS4 than either of those systems are from one-another, when it comes to programming and debugging games. Additionally, the Switch has markedly less processing power in both its CPU and GPU than even the earlier versions of the XBO and PS4, and SCVI already struggles with performance issues on those systems. In other words, it wouldn't be a simple port and getting the game to run reliably without a significant dip in visual fidelity would not be a simple task.

Of course, I know you know you have some understanding of programming yourself and maybe you address some of these factors in the video (I'll have to watch as soon as I have time), but that still leaves the number one reason which such a port is unlikely to happen: I'm pretty sure that Namco's market research will have told them by this point that the install base for people likely to buy their fighters is tiny on the Switch, and that there isn't enough profit to justify a port even if they had staff free to pull for it. After all, Nintendo hasn't gone out of their way to court third-party support for the Switch with sweetheart deals to take some of the sting of those upfront costs off at the marketplace level; indeed, it's quite the contrary this gen. This just isn't the Gamecube years: there's a reason you can't find the most recent entries of serious fighters on the Switch.

It’s what happens when you’re told you’ll get one thing and then get something less instead.
Yeah...except people were bitching before the issue was even discovered. Which is not exactly a surprise here: it really doesn't matter what is announced, you can pretty much always depend on the general chatter on these boards to still be 80% negative (if not outright hostile) to whatever it is. PS could announce that they are releasing ports of the first four games of the series, accessible from within SCVI's main menu, as a previously un-mentioned bonus at the end of the season pass, and we could still count on someone here to say "Great, more old shit."

Last edited:
it’s what they deserve

how long until the cas parts become available to use? it’s the 16th here rn

Oh, I don't know, I think you have to look to the subtext of what the character design and behaviour suggests: in this light, I personally think ZWEI's motivations couldn't be more obvious: he's on a quest to pick up a bottle of Axe body spray, figure out what he did with the Ed Hardy shirt that is obviously meant to go with that outfit of his, and make it in time to the gig for his screamo band at a local dive bar, so he can hopefully score later on that night--if he can find a girl naive enough to not realize on first sight that he is just dripping with STDs. I think all of that should be pretty obvious just from looking him over for fifteen seconds. Mind you, he was going to spend the day attending a course in basic sword combat for the clinically retarded (Day One: which part of the sword you hold), but then looked around at the rest of the SCV cast and realized that it wasn't really vital information.
Well, perception is everything I guess...

it’s what they deserve

how long until the cas parts become available to use? it’s the 16th here rn

I don't think anytime soon, 16th 8PM don't know what region. Usually is practically the day after from my memory however so I expect it late.
Someone definitely post if the pack suddenly becomes available.

That’s assuming you can call barely anything in this content “new.”
Did anyone see what was in the last CAS pack and think "I'm sure they put all their recycled content in the first pack just to get it out of the way. The next one is guaranteed to have all new content!"

If so,
dLqfa.gif

(Personally I'm happy with the music and the extra default colors.)

Back