Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I just saw an article saying DoA 6 core fighters has over a million downloads. Which got me thinking what if SC6 released a free to play version. I was thinking the two permanent characters would be Sophitia and Mitsurugi; and then we'd have two random characters one Male and the other one Female that rotate to a different character every week. What do you guys think

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's 5PM! Still not a peep from the cowards at Project Soul! I guess appeasing Sony matters more than the fans.

I really doubt it has anything to do with Project Soul. Sony of America in general is just... not great lately.
That's not the issue here. Okubo went out of his way to assure Xbox users they'd be getting the DLC soon last night (even listing the exact time they would) and yet has said nothing about this fiasco. Neither has any of the official Soulcalibur accounts online.

This just reeks of pure contempt for PS4 users.

and yet, I'm sure if you look at the sales, PS4 is probably the lead platform.
And yet the devs have this bizarre favoritism for Xbox users (the platform that isn't even viable in their native country).

Xbox user: When will the DLC be arriving tomorrow? Okubo: Don't worry sport! It'll be up first thing in the morning! Here's a detailed graph describing the release date down to the millisecond!

PS4 User: It's 11:00PM and the DLC was supposed to arrive today. Okubo: ............................

Last edited:
I just saw an article saying DoA 6 core fighters has over a million downloads. Which got me thinking what if SC6 released a free to play version. I was thinking the two permanent characters would be Sophitia and Mitsurugi; and then we'd have two random characters one Male and the other one Female that rotate to a different character every week. What do you guys think
It would be good to know how many of those f2p users ended up spending money.
I heard the player base for DoA6 is even less than SC6 which tells me those downloads didn't convert into an active playerbase.

They probably dont want to piss off Sony, especially because like Soul Knight said, the majority of SC6 traffic is almost definitely coming from ps4 since SC and fighting games in general tend to do better on playstation.

Sony is traditionally a secretive company. Aside from their recent candid interviews about the ps5 they don’t really share much. There’s probably an underlying issue that will be resolved soon

They probably dont want to piss off Sony, especially because like Soul Knight said, the majority of SC6 traffic is almost definitely coming from ps4 since SC and fighting games in general tend to do better on playstation.

Sony is traditionally a secretive company. Aside from their recent candid interviews about the ps5 they don’t really share much. There’s probably an underlying issue that will be resolved soon
Even a simple: "Sorry, the DLC won't be out for a while longer on the PS4" message would suffice. The fact they gave all of the fans the same information, and then completely ignored the problem when that information was obsolete for a segment of the fanbase is an act of gross incompetence, mere days after the CAS parts gaffe already tarnished their reputation.

The thing is, quite a lot of players already paid for this content. Way back, when we got the season pass with the Deluxe Edition. If this is a Sony issue, then they're holding our money at ransom

I also want to point how depressing it is that we're anxiously awaiting mediocre CaS pieces from previous games. Some of these pieces weren't even good. Case and point: Who thought bringing back the Congratulatory Jacket was a good idea? Who wanted that from SC5? It was one of the worst pieces in that game. It looked like it was made of the plastic from traffic cones. It's like they deliberately chose some bad items, so we can't have "too many good ones." What a day and age we live in...

yeah, next time okubo / the soulcalibur twitter account tweets something im gonna be all up in their replies complaining about this bs

yeah, next time okubo / the soulcalibur twitter account tweets something im gonna be all up in their replies complaining about this bs
My main is already in the game. I was going to get season 2 just to support Project Soul. After they decided that I don't matter, I've decided they don't matter either. If this issue is never addressed, and they quietly sweep it under the rug and move on, I'm done with them. I expect a massive drop in sales for season 2 (given that interest in the game has dropped) so every purchase matters.

I'm sure I won't be the only one in light of this mess.

Back