Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

My main is already in the game. I was going to get season 2 just to support Project Soul. After they decided that I don't matter, I've decided they don't matter either. If this issue is never addressed, and they quietly sweep it under the rug and move on, I'm done with them. I expect a massive drop in sales for season 2 (given that interest in the game has dropped) so every purchase matters.

I'm sure I won't be the only one in light of this mess.
No offense, Destiny 2 players on XBOX and PC paid the same price as PS4 players for content/DLC they have to wait an entire YEAR to be able to play. This is pretty childish when it's still the 16th of May, so it still coincides with their planned launch date.

/rant over

No offense, Destiny 2 players on XBOX and PC paid the same price as PS4 players for content/DLC they have to wait an entire YEAR to be able to play. This is pretty childish when it's still the 16th of May, so it still coincides with their planned launch date.

/rant over
That's even more messed up. Still doesn't delegitimize my criticisms.

That's even more messed up. Still doesn't delegitimize my criticisms.
No but it does say that they still have a window in which to release the DLC. Smash's Joker release was at like 7-8pm if I remember EST which other regions got it earlier.

Your idea that because they haven't specifically addressed its release in the timezone you are in due is equal to them saying you don't matter is ridiculous. Yeah it's annoying for those of you that haven't got it, but it's far more a playstation store problem then a PS problem. They're probably still trying to figure out why there are issues, and PR isn't going to be told something unless its concrete, else they're going to throw even more fuel onto the dumpster fire that they've already built. This doesn't reflect the team behind the game, and given that nearly every other area and every other platform as got it means that its an issue with the region lock on the store. You can try tweeting okubo with your region/timezone, but he could also not be answering because he is trying to figure out the issue, it might be off business hours, or he's getting side lined by their Playstation Rep. You want them to basically tweet out a "its coming eventually" just to calm your mind and say yeah you're going to get it, which yeah, it would be great if they acknowledged that there is an issue, but there are numerous reasons why that might not have happened, at the forefront is, they're also trying to figure it out and after the last 150+ items, they're probably even more cautious to tweet out something. If you want to aim your anger at a company, fire it at Sony of America/Sony for their backend failing or Namco for a non-global release. If you're going to target PS, at least do it for something that they actually have control over.

Tl;dr: I'm not saying don't get annoyed. I'm saying direct it properly and understand that there are other reasons at play, but it's not like you're not getting the content. It's just coming later, and Project Soul probably can't do anything about it.

well, I just checked on my PS4, around 5:45 PM Central USA time, and CAS Pack 2 still isn't available.

meanwhile on my Xbox, it is.

so, yeah, that is weird. and I agree the lack of communication/PR is unacceptable. Clearly, something must have gone wrong with the PS4 version. And if it did, just come out and say it and say you're working to fix the issue.

Personally, I'm not that bothered by this. But, if this were to happen when Cassandra gets released, yeah, I would be mad as a PS4 owner.

The delay is bad enough. but the silence on the matter makes it worse.

No but it does say that they still have a window in which to release the DLC. Smash's Joker release was at like 7-8pm if I remember EST which other regions got it earlier.

Your idea that because they haven't specifically addressed its release in the timezone you are in due is equal to them saying you don't matter is ridiculous. Yeah it's annoying for those of you that haven't got it, but it's far more a playstation store problem then a PS problem. They're probably still trying to figure out why there are issues, and PR isn't going to be told something unless its concrete, else they're going to throw even more fuel onto the dumpster fire that they've already built. This doesn't reflect the team behind the game, and given that nearly every other area and every other platform as got it means that its an issue with the region lock on the store. You can try tweeting okubo with your region/timezone, but he could also not be answering because he is trying to figure out the issue, it might be off business hours, or he's getting side lined by their Playstation Rep. You want them to basically tweet out a "its coming eventually" just to calm your mind and say yeah you're going to get it, which yeah, it would be great if they acknowledged that there is an issue, but there are numerous reasons why that might not have happened, at the forefront is, they're also trying to figure it out and after the last 150+ items, they're probably even more cautious to tweet out something. If you want to aim your anger at a company, fire it at Sony of America/Sony for their backend failing or Namco for a non-global release. If you're going to target PS, at least do it for something that they actually have control over.

Tl;dr: I'm not saying don't get annoyed. I'm saying direct it properly and understand that there are other reasons at play, but it's not like you're not getting the content. It's just coming later, and Project Soul probably can't do anything about it.
Your points are fair. However, they've had hours and hours to address this issue by now (it's currently 7:00pm where I live) and still have yet to say anything.

Meanwhile, Xbox users have even the smallest concern, and Okubo replies right away.

UPDATE: Nevermind, he tweeted about it. Good, I'm glad he didn't completely ignore the situation.

Well, I got the CAS parts... regardless, this whole situation has left a bad taste in my mouth.

ESPECIALLY since Okubo retweeted someone praising the game's graphics in the middle of the fiasco. That's right. He had the time to bask in some unearned praise, but couldn't be bothered to ease the concerns of the American PS4 fans.

I'm less mad about the parts, and more disappointed that I really can't trust Project Soul anymore. Apparently Okubo's ego is the only thing he cares about (well that, and Xbox users).

Last edited:
All I can say on the matter is that this has honestly not done SCVI and Namco in general any favours whatsoever.
Still, it was mostly Sony's PR Twitter that fuck up mostly, compared to Bungie, Project Soul is a saint compared to the clusterfuck that Bungie is still going through with Destiny 2, for example, you don't see Project Soul pulling off this shit! It's already bad enough having to wait an entire year to play content that both XBOX and PC players paid the same price for...... Even worse, Destiny 1's Taken King PS4 content took TWO YEARS for XBOX players to finally play it!!!!!! So this does not disturb me in any way compared to what I have experienced as a Destiny player since 2014 on XBOX and PC!!!

Last edited:
PS4 owners may have to wait a few hours extra for the DLC, but I can't see them as an underprivileged group. Remember that many Xbox players were unable to play the game online for the first months, and there is still the problem of casual room search dumping us in a random room instead of presenting a list to choose from. That is, if search manages to find any rooms at all, which is becoming increasingly uncommon. I am seriously beginning to wonder if it's worth getting a PS4 just for online SCVI, or research if the game is playable under Linux.

PS4 owners may have to wait a few hours extra for the DLC, but I can't see them as an underprivileged group. Remember that many Xbox players were unable to play the game online for the first months, and there is still the problem of casual room search dumping us in a random room instead of presenting a list to choose from. That is, if search manages to find any rooms at all, which is becoming increasingly uncommon. I am seriously beginning to wonder if it's worth getting a PS4 just for online SCVI, or research if the game is playable under Linux.
The online community for Steam is still pretty decent, I don;t have those issues overall the majority of the time.

Honestly, I didn't really have trouble playing the game online on my xbox. Maybe a region thing? There was the issue with random disconnections but I remember my major beef was when I was spectating in a casual lobby and it just knocked me out to lobby and I had to sit there waiting. Even now, I have no trouble finding a match (as long as I play ranked (10sec wait times), the issue though it like most people getting matched with people three full letter ranks above or below, and of course it only gets worse the higher up you get. Casual matchmaking really needs to be a thing though. I can find a room, but standby times are just annoying a lot of the time when you want to just play a quick game.

Honestly, I didn't really have trouble playing the game online on my xbox. Maybe a region thing? There was the issue with random disconnections but I remember my major beef was when I was spectating in a casual lobby and it just knocked me out to lobby and I had to sit there waiting. Even now, I have no trouble finding a match (as long as I play ranked (10sec wait times), the issue though it like most people getting matched with people three full letter ranks above or below, and of course it only gets worse the higher up you get. Casual matchmaking really needs to be a thing though. I can find a room, but standby times are just annoying a lot of the time when you want to just play a quick game.
There were problems for me and other people with casual matches failing with network error message from release up to the december patch I think. You are right though that ranked works for finding matches, but sadly they severely broke matchmaking when they removed the same/other region choice. Now I only get to play people from the Americas with poor connections. I really wish they would set it up like DOA6, where you can see the opponents connection before choosing whether to accept the match. I'd rather wait longer for a match, if it would mean the match was playable.
I very much prefer casual play over ranked, and agree that casual matchmaking would need to exist. It really seems that when online is concerned the ambition level has been set super low for this game. There should have been some kind of colosseum-like superlobby that all casual players entered and were listed in, with a quick match queue and options for creating custom rooms within, instead of immediately walling off casual players in rooms without implemententing a search function.

So apparently the latest patch did add some graphical changes to the game, I was able to spot 3 so far, maybe you guys can list even more:
1). There is now a weird yellow ring effect showing up during Reversal Edge (not a fan of that at all).
2). Summon Suffering now looks like the 4th of July with all the extra special effects.
3). Same for Calamity Symphony.

also, at launch, Xbox suffered more noticeable menu/navigation lag and the menu music was softer than on PS4.

I just want to note something here out of my own experience reporting issues and studying how the stores work as a consumer: All platforms are exclusively handed by the company (Steam by Valve, Marketplace by Xbox and PS Store by SIE). In the case of the first two, they work so that they have a single, global time, with an option for releases to check for midnight.

In Sony's case, they handle each local team handles their region's PlayStation Store. They are also the ones to decide when the DLC launches (if it's midnight or when the general Store update happens). The thing here is they totally have an automated midnight release mechanism set up, but very often don't use it.

In other words, all Bandai Namco can do for PlayStation is set the day the DLC launches. From there, it's at Sony's responability if it comes in time or not.

Same for patches, only on Steam they can first handedly manage the files, the other platforms go live once it has passed cert.

Any possible chance of a video trailer for Cassandra/next DLC character today or on the weekend?

Something like this happened with Amy right when the CAS pieces were brought back in February.

Any possible chance of a video trailer for Cassandra/next DLC character today or on the weekend?

Something like this happened with Amy right when the CAS pieces were brought back in February.
Amy was revealed during EVO Japan. Whenever character reveals aren't tied to an event, it's always been on a Thursday. Combo Breaker is next week, so maybe they will announce her there? I think it's also possible it will just be a random Thursday.

Back