Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Anyone else have random ranks on characters they don't normally play?

I was bored and figured I'd try to play another character I don't normally use (Mina), but found my Mina was randomly ranked with 20k points, which is a lot higher than the 0 it should be. No other character is like this. Not sure how long it's been like that either.

I thought it might be someone else using my account, but they all said no. Could be someone I don't know using my account, but... haven't seen any other issues. Just wondering if this is an issue anyone else has had, and if it is just some weird mix-up during some maintenance or something.

--

Considering how rarely I play SC these days, lemme know if anyone has run into my sleep-walk Mina alter ego.

Last patch did that. Every character now levels up along with your main. They are pretty much a letter behind.

Last patch did that. Every character now levels up along with your main. They are pretty much a letter behind.
Two ranks, if I remember correctly. Presumably in order to mark players with more experience and produce a more even matchmaking experience, every character will autmoatically scale to two full ranks behind your highest-leveled character every time they hit the newest full rank. So, for example, if your highest-ranked character hits D5, all of your other characters will move to F5 unless already higher ranked than that level. However, nothing happens when you rank up again until you hit C5. At least, that's how I recall the patch notes wording it. However, I'm not even sure that's really what Skiegh's issue was, since he says that this is the only character who has a higher rank than expected. Though I suppose that could mean that he spreads the attention around a bit, so all of his other characters (or at least the ones he checked) were already above the rank they would have otherwise been boosted to.

Last edited:
L
Two ranks, if I remember correctly. Presumably in order to mark players with more experience and produce a more even matchmaking experience, every character will autmoatically scale to two full ranks behind your highest-leveled character every time they hit the newest full rank. So, for example, if your highest-ranked character hits D5, all of your other characters will move to F5 unless already higher ranked than that level. However, nothing happens when you rank up again until you hit C5. At least, that's how I recall the patch notes wording it. However, I'm not even sure that's really what Skiegh's issue was, since he says that this is the only character who has a higher rank than expected. Though I suppose that could mean that he spreads the attention around a bit, so all of his other characters (or at least the ones he checked) were already above the rank they would have otherwise been boosted to.

The only thing I don’t like about that is the characters I have been working on get shafted which sucks.

I’m C4 with Sophitia and C5 Zas but now E2 taki and E3 Kilik and Geralt get out ranked.

When the game first came out I tried out Mitsurugi, Xianghua and Mina to F4 and Tira to F2 but now they’ve been boosted to E1 and I don’t know how to use them at the same standard like I do the others.

I get why they’ve done it but I don’t think it’s should effect characters you’ve gone out of your way to level.
It just defeats the purpose of trying.

I honestly feel like just jumping on the Mitsu Buff train and riding out the D ranks.

For those that think Cassandra will be revealed at E3, Amy has something to tell you.

Amy.jpg

I'm vouching for July at this point.
I hope with my heart this reveal happens soon, as pathetic as it is I just want to hear Season 2's announcement already. I understand its quite likely already but I just can't stop thinking about it.

I wonder though, how long will they delay Season 1 to Season 2. That I am curious about, though seeing as we're still waiting for Cassandra its some time off at least.

In case anyone else remembers, what is the gap between season 1 ending and season 2 beginning? I'm quite curious and can't find it anywhere. (Though I'm potentially being a moron at the moment).

Ah, I see, interesting. Suppose that makes some amount of sense. I would assume other characters are unaffected because I either have never used them in ranked and thus have never had to be assigned a rank, or I had used a little bit and weren't altered because of that. Suppose I could just try another character I've never used to see if they also go up to whatever rank my Mina came out as.

Thanks.

I've had characters I didn't use get rank adjusted but ones I did use not. I.E. My Talim hit D5 and my Amy stayed at F3 but everything else went up to F1. Not sure if this is just them deciding not touch characters that already were played or if its just happened to my account/dlc characters only.

I've had characters I didn't use get rank adjusted but ones I did use not. I.E. My Talim hit D5 and my Amy stayed at F3 but everything else went up to F1. Not sure if this is just them deciding not touch characters that already were played or if its just happened to my account/dlc characters only.
Seems more likely to be a bug, since there is no mention of such exclusionary rules in the patch notes, such as system would run somewhat counter to the very point of this new mechanic (you'd get ranked higher with characters you don't use than with those you do), and all of the more neglected characters on my "ranked match data" sheet ranked up uniformly at D5 (or rather after the patch, since my highest character was already in D), if I recall correctly. If you two are having these aberrations, they are probably just working out the kinks. I'm still a ways off from C and not playing very much at all right now, so it will be a little while before I watch the system in action when I hit C5.

Last edited:

and i remember thinking... im about to beat this bitch up

Hahah, I have to say, I think Okubo gets a little wood on the ball now and again with his sense of humour. A little on the trolly side, but I'm not sure I'd be doing any different in these circumstances. Although honestly, I'm not sure this particular comment isn't more sincere than it would seem at first blush: this is not the first time he has indicated on that account that release dates are outside his purview.

and i remember thinking... im about to beat this bitch up
Yay, he voted in my poll!

Maybe I should create a new poll for deciphering his answer. Is he just being silly? Is the marketing team so powerful they refuse to tell him what their plans are!? Or is the dev team in such shambles they have no idea what they're doing!?!? Seriously though, he must be joking around.

Yay, he voted in my poll!

Maybe I should create a new poll for deciphering his answer. Is he just being silly? Is the marketing team so powerful they refuse to tell him what their plans are!? Or is the dev team in such shambles they have no idea what they're doing!?!? Seriously though, he must be joking around.

He said multiple time that he can’t give any hint at all about DLC because a lot of people are involved ( especially all the marketing team) , and he thinks that would be disrespectful toward them.

GG Sectus 👍🏽

Back