Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

then perhaps the reveal is more elaborate than just one character, if he’s so concerned about disrespecting the work of an entire marketing team that he cant even give a hint of when it will happen

Maybe I should create a new poll for deciphering his answer. Is he just being silly? Is the marketing team so powerful they refuse to tell him what their plans are!? Or is the dev team in such shambles they have no idea what they're doing!?!? Seriously though, he must be joking around.
I honestly think it's a half-joke. I think he probably genuinely has virtually no say on the release date, and while I'm sure he does get at least a couple of weeks notice on an upcoming release in order to participate in the promotion, I doubt he has a firm date to anticipate until just before. Everything he's said (and the kind of sense that the Namco marketing department never gets out fully ahead of releases for this game until some marketplace partner forces their hands on an announcement) leads me to believe he honestly does not have much more certainty/forewarning about release dates than we do--or at least not as much as you'd expect from a chief dev.

I honestly think it's a half-joke. I think he probably genuinely has virtually no say on the release date, and while I'm sure he does get at least a couple of weeks notice on an upcoming release in order to participate in the promotion, I doubt he has a firm date to anticipate until just before. Everything he's said (and the kind of sense that the Namco marketing department never gets out fully ahead of releases for this game until some marketplace partner forces their hands on an announcement) leads me to believe he honestly does not have much more certainty/forewarning about release dates than we do--or at least not as much as you'd expect from a chief dev.
I definitely could see it is possible it's not up to Okubo (or even the dev team) to decide when the announcement will happen, but surely Okubo knows what the current plan is. They also have deadlines to work with so they know when the character is supposed to be released.

I mean just saying it is a THURSDAY :O
It would be brilliant if she's announced the same day Okubo casually says he has no idea when she's gonna be announced.

I definitely could see it is possible it's not up to Okubo (or even the dev team) to decide when the announcement will happen, but surely Okubo knows what the current plan is. They also have deadlines to work with so they know when the character is supposed to be released.

It would be brilliant if she's announced the same day Okubo casually says he has no idea when she's gonna be announced.

Like in one hour ?

giphy.gif

Well, E3 it is then. To be fair, haven't all DLC characters been announced at some event? Shouldn't expect them to break form even if we want them to.

giphy.gif

Well, E3 it is then. To be fair, haven't all DLC characters been announced at some event? Shouldn't expect them to break form even if we want them to.
Yeah, they've all been events and I'm also pretty sure Okubo himself has been present each time.

I have no idea. Even if he does go there, I'm not sure what kind of stage they would have for him. Last year they announced all of the story mode stuff for SC6, but I can't remember if it was during any press conference or big stream.

i believe it was more interviews that were done by IGN, Twitch and youtube.

I'm telling you, Cassandra, (possibly) Season 2 and SC6 being part of the Tekken World Tour will be announced at EVO because it makes zero sense for a released game to show DLC at E3. I mean season 2 of Tekken 7 wasn't was announced at EVO because EVO is the biggest fighting game event in the world which will have the biggest number of viewers that are potential buyers.

Last edited:
I'm telling you, Cassandra, (possibly) Season 2 and SC6 being part of the Tekken World Tour will be announced at EVO because it makes zero sense for a released game to show DLC at E3. I mean season 2 of Tekken 7 wasn't announced at EVO because EVO is the biggest fighting game event in the world which will have the biggest number of viewers that are potential buyers.
No way, that's way too long for both the pattern and the timeframe given by Okubo, and it makes perfect sense to show it at E3. They'll be having trailers left and right for their upcoming content.

EVO is 33 days away so it's not as long as you think. Project Soul will do what Tekken did but will release Cassandra around the same time she gets revealed at EVO (much like how Street Fighter characters were) and put up the option to pre order Season 2 for maximum hype along with the announcement of it running along side Tekken World Tour. It's what I would do if I was running the marketing team for Soul Calibur.

Last edited:
Back