Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The aura's with this recent patch are overkill, they should revert them back as they were perfectly fine.

Anyone else think that maybe Bamco should tone down a little bit the special effects in the screen?
Absolutely agreed. Personally I find the game being way to flashy even before. I believe that it is there to take attention away from textures quality

But Ivy’s CS and SS effects are nice and purrrty :)

I didn't meant about those, but about just normal moves in general, i don't pay much attention to it when i play neither it bother me, but when i watch matches i realize there may be way too much effects and i feel the game would be more appealing with less effects in my opinion, it should at least be specific for some (strong?) moves, it may be (one of) the aspect that make SC2 matches very appealing and aged quite well, this game still has one of the best looking fights ever in any fighting game imo.

Regarding the effects, I agree, sometimes you can't even see the impact. I'm pushing for this to be included in JewelTewel. At least when you make a CAS you can just make the effects a muted grey.

At least that one serves a purpose. It's a display of the input window to pick a move.
Yeah, I've definitely noticed that one more prominently than anything since the last patch. I don't really have a strong opinion about it beyond to say that it is more noticeable now and that, insofar as it's related to a function, it's a probably a positive development, one which we will tune out as different in time but which may have a tiny gameplay improvement aspect to it at least. But here's the thing, at the end of the day--I'm just not a huge fan of RE and though I'm immensely grateful that some of the recent patching has partially addressed the issues with it, questions about the visual effects connected to it only make me think that it's all pretty trivial stuff compared to the impact of the mechanic itself, almsot like asking "What colour icing would you like on this shit cookie and how intense should it be?" "I mean, is the basic type of cookie an option we could address?" "Oh, no it's going to be 100% shit cookie--well, since version 1.4, 70% shit, 30% particle board filler--but what do you think about the icing?" In other words, not really the issue as I see it. ;) As to the effects generally, it is a little flashy in places, but within the span of options that I consider reasonable developer choices, given the genre. I guess it is a little more busy than most games in the series, but the trend has been towards that for a while, really.

While the effects don't really bother me, I can see why it would bother others when flashy effects can make them uncomfortable and such. At least for those with the Steam version, I think it's possible for modders to create a mod that removes those effects by making the texture color channels transparent for example. Maybe we should all ask for an option to reduce and outright disable those effects just to cater to more players and such.

By the way, besides E3, there will be another interesting event to check up this weekend. Taipei Major 2019, a fighting tournament in Taiwan, SC6 will be present, Okubo have already twitted about the event, also Dead or Alive 6 developers have already made a promise to announce one new DLC character and for the first time ever to show off two new DLC characters there. So this way we know it's a big enough event for trailers and announcements.

Yes

come on, Okubo, show us something!!

Back