Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Cassandra's gonna be replaced by Elysium aka Sophitia 2.0 confirmed

That, plus the skirt in her SC3 design is how I want her to look.

This is my favourite design for Cassandra.
When you look into it deeper I appreciate the modesty based on her actual characteristics as a female and not just a character in the story.

She’s cocky but cool.
Even as an unsung heroine her quotes always felt more like a natural statement as opposed to being obnoxiously isolating.
There isn’t any sexual innuendo or fan service in this design that would contradict her characters premise either.

Out of all the characters she’s one of the very few who isn’t directly under the heel of Japanese archetypes.
Which is why I didn’t like her SC4 version.
Fan service became a main focus and she walked back on her ability to be taken seriously.
Even the slight changes in her moveset made her out to be clumsy instead of directly aggressive.

There isn’t any sexual innuendo or fan service in this design that would contradict her characters premise either.
Nope, not really and you're right, she's arguably unique among the core female cast in that, at least if we exclude the youngest three character (Amy, Talim, and Tira). Of course, that doesn't stop some elements of the fandom from trying to force the issue by creating their own fan service...

Out of all the characters she’s one of the very few who isn’t directly under the heel of Japanese archetypes.
Which is why I didn’t like her SC4 version.
Fan service became a main focus and she walked back on her ability to be taken seriously.
Even the slight changes in her moveset made her out to be clumsy instead of directly aggressive.
I think that may be a bit of an exaggeration: most of her moveset was consistent between SCIII and SCIV. I'll grant you that critical finish definitely could have been appropriate to her character though. Cassandra had always had a rather savage aesthetic about her moveset and having her clown about with a goofy/psuedo-sexual finisher (surrounded by inexplicable hearts no less?) was pretty odd. But as to the other, more minor changes that would have made her appear clumsy, I can't of examples of what you're talking about there.

Last edited:
I will admit that what I enjoyed about her in SC was her 214 which was sassy af and her 236:B and 236:(B) (tho I feel the latter will not come back unfortunately).
Overall her moveset was pretty brutal in delivery and I hope they will develop her in that direction. I keep on seeing her as guard crash heavy character which would be neat

Nope, we're doomed. SCVI DLC support is canceled. See you after 5 years when we get the announcement of SCVII. By-bye everyone!

On a serious note, have they EVER released a new trailer at this time since the game got released? I don't think they did.

Last edited:
I hope that Okubo have found his phone .. damn that sucks, the day before E3 started x)

Imagine that Cassandra trailer is on his phone, and even maybe some Top Ultra secret Setsuka artworks sketches planned for Season 2 Kappa

Well Someone can dream right Kappa

Imagine that Cassandra trailer is on his phone, and even maybe some Top Ultra secret Setsuka artworks sketches planned for Season 2 Kappa

Well Someone can dream right Kappa
The exact same thought crossed my mind, friend. Lol. One can dream indeed!

So the preview for the Soulcalibur VI OST was posted today:
The songs marked with a ★ in the description are what's in the video. Interestingly, every song on the first disc is shown except for the last four tracks and The Brave New Stage of History (which is just the character select screen). This just seems like more proof that those four tracks may be new/unused songs!

Edit: See my post below. There's probably no new tracks in the OST. Sorry for getting your hopes up lol

Last edited:
So the preview for the Soulcalibur VI OST was posted today:
The songs marked with a ★ in the description are what's in the video. Interestingly, every song on the first disc is shown except for the last four tracks and The Brave New Stage of History (which is just the character select screen). This just seems like more proof that those four tracks may be new/unused songs!

please let one of them be the duelists remaster from the reveal trailer. please. PLEASE
Well, there's so many tracks from across the four disks that are not featured in that trailer, its clear there's a fair bit more music to account for here: and until this tracklist, I'd never seen a full accounting of the music in the game--not even an unofficial fan accounting--so it's hard to say just now how much of the rest is regular stage music and menus (the easy part), how much is one-off tracks or other music unique to the single player modes (libra especially) and how much might be unused or even new music.

Actually, though I'm sure the soundtrack is more than worthwhile, I think there's an underlying, and super disappointing, element to its release that fans of the music may have missed--this seems to indicate that, in some respects at least, they intend this game to be a complete product somewhat soon. At least with regard to the music, they don't see additional forthcoming content. Which rather seems to shut the door on the possibility of stages being added the rather lackluster offerings of the game at present. Sure, they could technically always do another release, but I do the think that releasing this product now does kind of indicate that we are moving past the midpoint (at least) of post-release development. At best I think we will get season two--which, even if its just six characters, let alone possible additional content, is nothing to sneeze at, don't get me wrong.

Back