Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

In the original narrative, I don't think Cassandra has any involvement with the astral chaos until the end of SCIV, though I'm not a huge loremeister, so perhaps I've forgotten something. Insofar as that's correct though, I wouldn't expect any such thing in VI, since it has explored only plot elements from the first few games with any other character--including characters that were introduced contemporaneously with Cassandra in the original narrative. Even with Tira and Amy, who were introduced later than Cassie, their stories do not extend much beyond the end of SCII or maybe early SCIII. Regardless, I wouldn't expect any new stages with season 1; that's a lot of extra work for them to throw in as a previously un-announced bonus: had they planned on doing that, I think they would have made it pretty clear a while ago, so it could potentially boost sales of the season pass. Besides, there's already an astral chaos stage in VI.

No you're very much correct! SCIV is where it begins but I believe SCIV also started up something with her that could be in this game?
Didn't Cassandra end up in a parallel universe where she met Sophitia again but she knew it wasn't the same one she was sister to from her time? I mean I wonder if they'd dig this up as part of her scenario in SCVI. I suppose its unlikely or perhaps I'm terribly misinformed but I thought this was what happened to her following those events IV. I assumed it be a possibility that in VI we actually play as the Cassandra from before rather than this one if you get what I mean. Thus also potentionally pushing the alternate timeline scenario, Cassandra if I'm not mistaken along with Zaslamel could play into shifts pretty well I think? Pardon if I'm mistaken about the scenario though.

Regarding SCIII:AE HDO, from your lips to Harada's ears, my friend! ...but I'm also not holding my breath.
I hope, I really do. I never got to enjoy that entry fully, I'd really like the chance to.

Am i the only one that’s still upset over the fact that we don’t have cutscenes. I was fine with not having them at first but now i just nearly fall asleep during the stories with just the pictures and reading.
I actually prefer the fact the scenario is made more clear this way, ideally though I'd ask for the current type of scenarios as cut scenes too.
I'm fine with them taking the more traditional approach with the battles and like a few quick cut scenes to wrap up quick story.
(With cut scenes Raphael's story would have been so much better, still my favorite though.)

The most optimal approach to scenario's in the future might Soulcalibur 3's take on it, but I really do love the 6 method and it would only be better with cut scenes, sadly I don't think we'd get both.

I actually prefer the fact the scenario is made more clear this way, ideally though I'd ask for the current type of scenarios as cut scenes too.
I'm fine with them taking the more traditional approach with the battles and like a few quick cut scenes to wrap up quick story.

The most optimal approach to scenario's in the future might Soulcalibur 3's take on it, but I really do love the 6 method and it would only be better with cut scenes, sadly I don't think we'd get both.
True. A cutscene at the end would be fine too. Or just in arcade. I used to always be so excited to unlock them lol

Am i the only one that’s still upset over the fact that we don’t have cutscenes. I was fine with not having them at first but now i just nearly fall asleep during the stories with just the pictures and reading.
In a way, it does feel like SoulCalibur V and SoulCalibur VI would have both fared better if their stories were completely animated, though at the same time, the few we do get feel all the more special because everything isn’t animated. The budget doesn’t seem to allow for them all to be animated, sadly, but at least SoulCalibur VI turned in a mostly completed story, unlike SoulCalibur V. If it meant we wouldn’t have got nearly as much story if it was all animated, then I would rather have the complete story and have to read/listen to it rather than not have it all.

SoulCalibur III had a great story mode, though, mechanically speaking. I would rather all the stories remain consistently canon, though, and SoulCalibur III was rife with what-if scenarios and impossible clashes of continuity. If they can somehow pull off both high points, then this could be the next evolution for SoulCalibur VII and be quite enjoyable.

@Starringrole
I’m not sure about what you mean. If you’re referring to the “dark Sophitia” who wore black and brown, tainted by Soul Edge, then that was something that did happen before Sophitia died. Cassandra was attempting to save her, but was warped away to the Astral Chaos before she could.

It’s my understanding that she spent the next 17 years in that realm with Edge Master, though if she controls the flow of time or dimensions like he does in SoulCalibur V isn’t something we have any evidence of. I still think that it was meant to be Cassandra that guides Patroklos and sends him back to correct his mistake, as that would have made more sense, but maybe we’ll find out for sure in SoulCalibur VIII. Or maybe it will remain a mystery.

I don’t think that Cassandra ever met Elysium, if that’s what you’re referring to. She spoke to her in her non-canon ending from SoulCalibur IV before destroying Soul Calibur, but beyond that, I haven’t seen anything that seems like it’s happened, unless she observed Elysium from the Astral Chaos as it seems that Edge Master was doing in SoulCalibur V.

Didn't Cassandra end up in a parallel universe where she met Sophitia again but she knew it wasn't the same one she was sister to from her time? I mean I wonder if they'd dig this up as part of her scenario in SCVI.
I have no recollection of that, but then, after eight games across numerous platforms and 25 years, the story all kinda blurs together, especially insofar as it's not high-grade writing or plotting and the games tend to be pretty redubplicative in terms of story, with each one resetting most characters and their conflicts to the status quo ante. I can't recall any multiple timeline stuff with Cassie, but there are other time-travel shenanigans, without question. Still, with regard to anything that takes place in IV or later, I wouldn't expect it to occur in VI--that's my basic presumption based on everything they've done with the plot of VI to date.
Honestly, I prefer the in-engine cutscenes over those generic, tedious, inane, ceaseless visual novel exchanges. I mean, the cutscenes were never exactly Macbeth, but at least they gave you some entertainment value and, more than anything, they were just quick little punctuating interludes or cappers to story scenarios. The Libra and Chronicles visual novel segments are just so cheaply made, but beyond that, boring and pointless, thrusting hour upon hour of dull, uninspired dialogue mostly coming from cookie-cutter NPCs and, even when it does pertain to the principle characters, pretty much always failing to impress or do anything remotely interesting.

I've always said that the best thing about the Soulcalibur plot is that its so crazy that it gives you an excuse to just tune it out and use it as background noise to texture the aesthetic of the characters without needing it to be self-consistent or powerful in any way--which is good, because it's rarely been either. Thing is, they really tried this time to change that. Only problem being, they succeeded in only one: they rewrote the story from the first few games in such a way as to make it both clear and self consistent what was happening to which characters and when, and to make a more solidly cannon story. They did not succeed, however, in making it very interesting at all. It's not impossible to thread the needle and have a story that's crazy enough to have a robin-hood wooden-cyborg ninja and yet still be emotionally evocative, but for my money, they had no such success here.

The whole plot just comes off as a fanfic checklist of stuff that needed to happen, but faaaar too much filler in between, really bad writing all around, and all of it presented with uneven-to-attrocious voicework, and cheap visual comic graphics that were outsourced to an outside studio. Snore. Give me Soulcalibur III:CE's story any day: that was the previous time that PS tried to go story heavy, and though it main story mode wasn't super consistent with any one story of the previous game or the following game, and even though it secondary campaign was apparently not even in the same continuity as the regular Soulcalibur narrative, it still all worked a lot better than VI.

Last edited:
@Starringrole
I’m not sure about what you mean. If you’re referring to the “dark Sophitia” who wore black and brown, tainted by Soul Edge, then that was something that did happen before Sophitia died. Cassandra was attempting to save her, but was warped away to the Astral Chaos before she could.

It’s my understanding that she spent the next 17 years in that realm with Edge Master, though if she controls the flow of time or dimensions like he does in SoulCalibur V isn’t something we have any evidence of. I still think that it was meant to be Cassandra that guides Patroklos and sends him back to correct his mistake, as that would have made more sense, but maybe we’ll find out for sure in SoulCalibur VIII. Or maybe it will remain a mystery.

I don’t think that Cassandra ever met Elysium, if that’s what you’re referring to. She spoke to her in her non-canon ending from SoulCalibur IV before destroying Soul Calibur, but beyond that, I haven’t seen anything that seems like it’s happened, unless she observed Elysium from the Astral Chaos as it seems that Edge Master was doing in SoulCalibur V.

So I might have made a bit of a mistake? I believe what I'm referring to is the game "Soulcalibur Unbreakable Soul". Though I'm not sure if this entry was ever canon? I believe the scenario was something along the lines of what I said, it definitely matches up with Edgemaster in SC5 however. She ends up in an alternate timeline of sorts. I might be able to get the game running and see if I can get anything out of it.
That being said, the game I don't think is as obviously non canon as say Broken Destiny was, so I can't make heads of tails of it, if its misinformation online or if the game genuinely makes a point of the alternate timeline thing. It would probably be best to find a way to open the game, that or someone else played it and knows what its actually about? But I might try looking into this, I can barely find a thing regarding the game online, wiki mentions some of this at the very least? But not the most reliable.

I have no recollection of that, but then, after eight games across numerous platforms and 25 years, the story all kinda blurs together, especially insofar as it's not high-grade writing or plotting and the games tend to be pretty redubplicative in terms of story, with each one resetting most characters and their conflicts to the status quo ante. I can't recall any multiple timeline stuff with Cassie, but there are other time-travel shenanigans, without question. Still, with regard to anything that takes place in IV or later, I wouldn't expect it to occur in VI--that's my basic presumption based on everything they've done with the plot of VI to date.
Yeah I might have been slightly misinformed? I'll probably try taking a bigger look into this since information online is VERY vague regarding this.

Honestly, I prefer the in-engine cutscenes over those generic, tedious, inane, ceaseless visual novel exchanges. I mean, the cutscenes were never exactly Macbeth, but at least they gave you some entertainment value and, more than anything, they were just quick little punctuating interludes or cappers to story scenarios. The Libra and Chronicles visual novel segments are just so cheaply made, but beyond that, boring and pointless, thrusting hour upon hour of dull, uninspired dialogue mostly coming from cookie-cutter NPCs and, even when it does pertain to the principle characters, pretty much always failing to impress or do anything remotely interesting.
An even bigger problem with the SC6 approach is that they literally avoided the characters themselves confronting each other in any way. Ivy was one of the closest things we got to that to my memory in SC6. If for the next game we got more interactions between everyone it would be fun. They keep making a point of everyone's destiny being tied to the swords yet no one barely glanced at each other mostly, which kind of just left it being quite boring in that capacity with the bland NPC's. I hope they start more direct character confrontations. Even SC5 got that down better.

Admittedly, I never played Unbreakable Soul, and I wasn’t even aware that it had a story. I never would have supposed it would be a canon entry. But I am interested, though, if you do find anything that might could be canon about it. It might be interesting if those things are brought to the table in the new narrative, as I’m not even sure what her Soul Chronicle is going to be about.

What I’ve explained is the situation as I am aware of with respect to SoulCalibur IV, SoulCalibur V, and New Legends of Project Soul, which only say she was trapped there, not that she did anything while she was there. I mean, obviously she wouldn’t just sit around all day every day for 17 years, but there’s nothing, to my knowledge, documented about her activities. And I’m a little more on top of the story of these games than most people. :sc2cas3:

So I might have made a bit of a mistake? I believe what I'm referring to is the game "Soulcalibur Unbreakable Soul". Though I'm not sure if this entry was ever canon? I believe the scenario was something along the lines of what I said, it definitely matches up with Edgemaster in SC5 however. She ends up in an alternate timeline of sorts. I might be able to get the game running and see if I can get anything out of it.
That being said, the game I don't think is as obviously non canon as say Broken Destiny was, so I can't make heads of tails of it, if its misinformation online or if the game genuinely makes a point of the alternate timeline thing. It would probably be best to find a way to open the game, that or someone else played it and knows what its actually about? But I might try looking into this, I can barely find a thing regarding the game online, wiki mentions some of this at the very least? But not the most reliable.
I think Unbreakable Soul has disappeared permanently into the astral chaos itself: some time back, before I was an active poster her myself, but using the site for news on the series as I had for years, I recall seeing posts by someone who had been scouring the internet for traces of the game, in order to satiate a completionist vibe; they were even willing to pay a premium to buy any device that had the game loaded on to it, but there were no offers. So I reckon you're not likely to find it anywhere; besides, being a mobile app, it's possible that it only played with a connection to a server that no longer operates, much as with many other such games, and PS's roughly contemporaneous cash grab, Lost Swords.

Of course, pretty much all of the non-numbered Soul Calibur games seem to take place in alternative continuities to some degree or another. The one exception, I think, may be Broken Destiny: I didn't play a whole lot of it, but it certainly left me with the impression that its story is contemporaneous with SCIV and that it basically fleshes out that game's story a little more. But, as per my usual caveat, I really didn't track the story closely enough to swear to that.
What I’ve explained is the situation as I am aware of with respect to SoulCalibur IV, SoulCalibur V, and New Legends of Project Soul, which only say she was trapped there, not that she did anything while she was there. I mean, obviously she wouldn’t just sit around all day every day for 17 years, but there’s nothing, to my knowledge, documented about her activities.
I hate to say it, because its the type of thing that strikes me as a lazy story cop-out, but given what we know about the astral chaos, there's no way to be certain that time passed the same for Cassandra as it did for the outside world. If she was still alive post-SCIV and not just lost forever, then perhaps from her perspective she only spent a small amount of time there. After-all, the astral chaos doesn't strike me as a very hospitable place. I mean, what's she going to eat and drink?

Well, whatever the answer, she really should have played some role in SCV; that was one of the weirdest things about that game, that it's set almost two decades after the previous game and yet all of the youngest legacy characters, who would have made most sense as primary protagonists, all disappear, to a one. While we now have a partial confirmation on what was happening with Amy, it was still a bizarre design choice over-all.

Last edited:
Granted unbreakable souls is disputed canon wise. I personally did play unbreakable souls on my phone when servers were still up. I’m legit not going to put spoiler tags because literally no one is even able to play unbreakable souls anymore.

I did some digging... here is some unbreakable souls footage. At 15 minutes Cassandra and Edge Master are talking about how Soul Edge was shattered in a different dimension... but is intact in their current world.

I’ll note the cast of Unbreakable souls is essentially the entire SC1 cast and Cassandra is the only non SC1 cast member to be featured as part of the cast in Unbreakable souls. You can also see her on some of the unbreakable souls artwork.

At least from a lore perspective... nothing in unbreakable souls really contradicts the Soul Calibur games since it takes place in a alternative dimension. The alternative dimension angle alone gives creative liberties.

Admittedly, I never played Unbreakable Soul, and I wasn’t even aware that it had a story. I never would have supposed it would be a canon entry. But I am interested, though, if you do find anything that might could be canon about it. It might be interesting if those things are brought to the table in the new narrative, as I’m not even sure what her Soul Chronicle is going to be about.

What I’ve explained is the situation as I am aware of with respect to SoulCalibur IV, SoulCalibur V, and New Legends of Project Soul, which only say she was trapped there, not that she did anything while she was there. I mean, obviously she wouldn’t just sit around all day every day for 17 years, but there’s nothing, to my knowledge, documented about her activities. And I’m a little more on top of the story of these games than most people. :sc2cas3:
So I can't get my hands on it, I actually didn't expect it to be very difficult. But I'm not finding anything. (In the sense of a way to play it)

So the only thing I can find is a few more mentions on the wiki about the game and a scenario, the game is listed as "canon" and Broken Destiny as the only non canon one from what I can tell. Yet again sadly no way yet to actually confirm it ourselves but assuming its accurate it could very well be potentially plot related to this game?

Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul
In her wanderings inside the Astral Chaos, Cassandra ends up in a parallel world and is found by Edge Master. After meeting the player, she sets off a journey with him/her to find the fragments of Soul Edge.

Upon arriving at the Eurydice Shrine, Cassandra is relieved to find the Sophitia of this world alive and well, but wonders if she will ever see her true sister again.

Edge master's page doesn't make mention of it.

I found a video at the very least, Cassandra and Edge master are certainly interacting in this game, the game seems like Soulcalibur 1 with Soulcalibur 5 elements for the UI. Sadly the video only seems to be very literally the first battle and intro sequence which is quite rapid and short. The wiki may be accurate?
Besides that however, its certainly interesting to know, I wonder if that game is truly canon if anything from it would play a role. I'm kind of hoping they do take this route, I just fear it will be ridiculously messy.

I think Unbreakable Soul has disappeared permanently into the astral chaos itself: some time back, before I was an active poster her myself, but using the site for news on the series as I had for years, I recall seeing posts by someone who had been scouring the internet for traces of the game, in order to satiate a completionist vibe; they were even willing to pay a premium to buy any device that had the game loaded on to it, but there were no offers. So I reckon you're not likely to find it anywhere; besides, being a mobile app, it's possible that it only played with a connection to a server that no longer operates, much as with many other such games, and PS's roughly contemporaneous cash grab, Lost Swords.

Of course, pretty much all of the non-numbered Soul Calibur games seem to take place in alternative continuities to some degree or another. The one exception, I think, may be Broken Destiny: I didn't play a whole lot of it, but it certainly left me with the impression that its story is contemporaneous with SCIV and that it basically fleshes out that game's story a little more. But, as per my usual caveat, I really didn't track the story closely enough to swear to that.
Good one, it pretty much has! Yeah from just a little scouring myself it seems virtually impossible to get I think? Which is a pity, even if it were only to see the story if it will play in to the current entry.

I played Broken Destiny a little bit, I'm pretty sure that game was highly non canon. There were some ridiculous things in there. (Unless there was story somewhere else than gauntlet). I never got to play it much sadly.

@DYY Awesome find! Finding anything for this game is an atrocious nightmare for me to locate.
Honestly it might be very far gone of me to say, but the map screen looks as though it was a reused design for Soulcalibur 6? Perhaps not the same asset exactly, but the premise for its look and such.
It being SC1 and SC6 also being that I really do wonder if its intentionally meant to tie in, going by the idea Cassandra is a persistent presence in that game if SC6 is trying to tie it back to the old time line her release might actually have a large narrative purpose? Though its just assuming they're attempting to keep it all connected. Its very well weird to me they never decided to start fresh and just carried on with "Soulcalibur 6".
The conversation with Cassandra I'll assume then is about Soul Edge in Soulcalibur 5.

Thank you for the video a lot! At least something more concrete was found!

Unfortunately since unbreakable souls is lost forever... I don’t think the Soul Calibur wikis have full details on the lore of the game. It definitely isn’t preserved.

I still prefer this as the fate of Cassandra than having her trapped in Astral Chaos forever.

Its a vastly better fate. It kind of sucks that a lot characters past timeline were subjected to the fates that they were.
It'd be nice if they do decide to tie the Unbreakable Soul Story that they try to at least give a bit of an overview on it?

Seems like a golden opportunity rather than eternally trapping her that they try to let her loose now. I'm hoping they take the approach if the game really is canon, I just hope they don't botch the opportunity.

Broken Destiny's story mode is super non-canon. One of the first pieces of text you see in the mode even goes out of its way to inform you it's all non-canon:

It would be interesting if it were canon, as that means it would be official that Dampierre, Cassandra, and Hilde teamed up to steal Edge Master's beard.

Last edited:
^This is why I feel that Cassandra Alexandra is the true protagonist in this series.
I think anyone with a "Family" theme is a candidate honestly, Siegfried being the one who set a bit of a trend.
Siegfried
Sophitia
Cassandra
Raphael
Amy
Ivy (in some capacity, I think its more problematic that she generally just feels ignored story wise but she is driven by family)

These characters are driven by such a theme typically speaking, Sophitia kind of lies as the biggest exception in some ways as Cassandra does the work.
Sophitia is more devoted to a duty whereas Cassandra is just trying to look out for her sister out of love.
Cassandra also carries it better than her sister with the family theme usually. Sophitia mainly did that role in SC4.
Pyrrha and Patroklos also fit, but I'm doubting their future presence.

Not saying no one else has right to be a "protagonist" unless they carry such a theme, but I would generally speaking leave it to characters with family associated motives, Cassandra being a good fit. Perhaps I've missed any plot regarding the other characters though.

It would be interesting if it were canon, as that means it would be official that Dampierre, Cassandra, and Hilde teamed up to steal Edge Master's beard.
They waste too many opportunities. Kappa

Since you mention Pyrrha, there's something that I've been wanting to post for weeks, but...
Heaven's Rider fits more with Cassandra than Pyrrha.

reminds me this

As for Pyrrha, Angel's Embrace matches her shy personality.

Back