Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Summary of every SC6 tournament this year:

Well with that cloak, I doubt we’ll see her. We may see the mystery lady Valkyrie whose got a certain fixation with fighting using her ass.

Or she’s too busy copying her sister’s voice and running around pretending some army chick’s her mom and using guns and a drone instead of an imitation of her sister’s fighting style.

It's taking too long for the announcement of Cass, I bet many here feel like this Krogan when he didn't get his fish. So replace fish with Cass and who should we beat up to make us feel better?

Ok so some Ranting time here: (well not about Cass, even tho stil cannot wait to see her)

Welp i watched the entire thing till the end since i wasn't able last time, SC6 is the most excting fighting game to watch atm with T7, but hell those effects need to go or change

I mean for real, how someone at PS didn't realize this is garbage looking?

Those KO screens happens often and that how it looks, huh!!

And here some normal case that aren't even rare, just normal moves in CH (in some cases without even CH), and it appears more often when Azwel is in the Arena

Tbh it never bothered me as much when i play, but when watching matches, this is really not good looking imo

This the most effect you get in SC2, except some cases where there is fire in some unblockable or the green effects with Soul Charge, and of course those looked quite fine and absolutely not annoying, quite the opposite, and even in this case it's not coming close to what i posted above:

I don't get why PS feels so much of a need to put so much special effects, and that aren't even special effects at this point but more of a screen hide, and the funniest thing about this whole thing is that Tekken was originally the "special effect" game, but SC6 managed to have more special effects than any Tekken game.

Not saying they should do it exactly like in SC2, not saying either that hate special effects, but it's just too much and not that good looking in SC6, the way it's done and all, this thing need to change in a way or another.

Last edited:
I love how SoulCalibur is just the complete package, when it comes to a fighting game. It has fun gameplay, great characters, a high quality creation system, and an interesting story to tie it all together.

Each game just got progressively better until SoulCalibur III’s technical problems (though those aside, the content was fantastic), then SoulCalibur IV was just lacking in almost everything, and SoulCalibur V was unquestionably unfinished!

Despite those hiccups, however, it’s soldiered on, and despite not being perfect, SoulCalibur VI is definitely on track to reclaim the glory of the past. If our second season pass completes the roster of SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition (sans mimic, seems like), then we will be poised to have SoulCalibur VII be what SoulCalibur IV deserved to be, and continue getting even better and better.

BTW i hope i didn't seem negative in my precedent comment, it was just a hot feel and take that i got to express right after watching the full top 8. And beside that once again the game seem balance with different characters in top 8 and Azwel in top 1 that didn't won a tournament since a while.

BTW i hope i didn't seem negative in my precedent comment, it was just a hot feel and take that i got to express right after watching the full top 8. And beside that once again the game seem balance with different characters in top 8 and Azwel in top 1 that didn't won a tournament since a while.
Don't be silly compadre, I couldn't agree more that an overabundance of special effects just gets in the way.

Anyone getting tired of reading posts by people complaining about the lack of Cassandra announcement?

Well, then you're in luck because here's a video where you can listen to people complaining about the lack of Cassandra announcement!

But do you prefer to read instead? Well, here's a quick summary:
  • Namco has confirmed that the next patch will have the next DLC character (unless it was a poor translation).
  • Character creation contest ends on the 21st and its prize (name in credits) would require a small amount of work in a patch.
  • There is an SC6 tournament in Tokyo on the 21st of July, and EVO finals will happen on 4th of August.
  • So I'm feeling pretty confident Cass will get announced on one of those two dates, and her release date will be last week of July or early August.

And yes it's July already, so Cassandra is officially taking more time that any other DLC character. I wonder if she's not plan for Evo in the end.
1546817355-1545777478-pink-panther-a-les-yeux-river-sur-un-big-ass-sa-race.png

Don't be silly compadre, I couldn't agree more that an overabundance of special effects just gets in the way.

Don't get me wrong i still fully stand by my point, just saying that hoping the way i formulate it didn't seem negative/ bashing the game, because obviously that wasn't my point.

What I love about SCVI is that Talim, Zasalamel and Xianghua is back.

LoS's Plata and Haoran.

I find Azwel to be hilarious and Groh a cute bottom.

Online is fun.

So is CaS (though still lacking and restricting, still fun.)

I love that they’re back too Although all of what has happened in history it would be nice to have more blackness!
(Zasalamel can’t be the only one like really)

Grow a cute wha??

As for Cassandra it would be a good idea for “Marketing” to release her after the tournament in Tokyo.
It gives space for casual players to get caught up in the pro player buzz of EVO while trapping everyone in place for a season 2 announcement.

Scary thing is if they don’t announce season 2 at EVO I doubt it’ll happen at all.

Back