Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm late to the mix, but is that CaS contest for only recreating Cassandra? Otherwise, I would have kept working on my Urdnot Wrex for my submission, lol. This is what I have, still trying to mix and match armor parts, it's difficult to find an armor part with the proper crotch armor plating I need.

If the contest truly is for a recreation of Cassandra, going to give a stab at it even though there many good ones on these forums from others.

Even though I'm average or so when fighting others, I still enjoy the Soul series and CaS is just another thing I love about this game. I hope this series continues to get support with more future DLC and even one day play SCVII when it would have a much larger budget from the good sales of SCVI.

No; the contest could be about anything you want to make. It just has to be pretty good and I guess well liked. @FluffyQuack just made some good ones of her; even if none have her in a thong they still good.

Are you, really?

Look, I more than get where you're coming from, I really really do, but, seriously.
Maybe a week without bitching was too much to ask, but not even one day?

I don't want to come across as someone who can't take a joke, but on the other hand I am so goddamn bloody tired of the negativity that's rampant (not only here, admitedly), that I hope you can't blame me for trying to force a smile here and there, eh?

Of course I wasn't being serious lol. I am indeed tired of this game, but I don't really bitch about it like some people do. I just found it amusing to exploit a loophole with the 'only positivity allowed' rule. I don't blame you, but I can't relate and I consider optimism as foolishness.

He seems to have been sarcastic though. Last I checked he is the very first ranked Raphael player in PS4 so he must love the game.

I was always the second highest (now third) while an Asian player is first. I like the gameplay and used to play often, but I can't say that I like the game as a whole. I'm not going to pretend that it isn't mediocre.

I was always the second highest (now third) while an Asian player is first. I like the gameplay and used to play often, but I can't say that I like the game as a whole. I'm not going to pretend that it isn't mediocre.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong I do understand that the game has problems that do need addressing. I do feel like there must be a rank with no CaS whatsoever, some single player content like team battle that can be played offline and online, improvements to CaS-

Well, the list can go on.

Sorry that I got your rank wrong; that is still impressive though. Perhaps in the near future when the game gets more needed upgrades it would spark some more interest again. It is a shame you do not like it as a whole, but I can't blame you. You do have valid points.

EVO 2019.jpg

@LisaK
Cassandra
Heaven's Rider - :SC: :LH:
:2::1::4::A+G:

Amy mainly from what I can tell got a lot of Viola's kicks (4 at least), some moves with the roses filling as the orb.
Groh I believe shares like a single kick with ZWEI? He also has a move quite similar to Amy's 44K I think.
I think Leixa got some moves from Hwang? Don't really recall but if its the case he's likely to get them back I think? (If he returns)
Pyrrha and and her variant are both generally speaking familiar to SC6 Sophitia.

She got that move in Soulcalibur III AE!
On a slightly irrelevant note I wish she had her old 4KK from AE as well, I just really liked that version of it.
The only two moves that have similarities imo.

@ZWEIGROH
Damn I didn't even notice those, what I noticed was a single kick, those actually bare more resemblance than the kick I believe I remember.
Nice find though, they actually seem quite familiar!

I wish you luck and I think your iteration of him is good.
Thanks, it could use more work, here is another iteration I made with further tinkering. The main issue still remains in finding an armor with the crotch plating I need without using faulds because of the side plating that hang out. I hope the next CaS DLC brings more armor parts to complete this and also my long held Master Chief that is also having similar issues with there being no proper crotch plating armor. I also used Asta's style because of the headbutts the Krogan are known for (Krogan Charge).

Soul Calibur VI Screenshot 2019.07.01 - 23.10.27.87.png

Soul Calibur VI Screenshot 2019.07.01 - 23.05.32.22.png

Soul Calibur VI Screenshot 2019.07.01 - 23.03.39.79.png

Of course I wasn't being serious lol. I am indeed tired of this game, but I don't really bitch about it like some people do. I just found it amusing to exploit a loophole with the 'only positivity allowed' rule. I don't blame you, but I can't relate and I consider optimism as foolishness.

I definitely understand why you and several others are put off by the game rn (myself included in a way). While those things you listed are definitely problematic, don’t forget about the lackluster buffering and the inconsistencies with the game’s hitboxes.

Anyone getting tired of reading posts by people complaining about the lack of Cassandra announcement?

Well, then you're in luck because here's a video where you can listen to people complaining about the lack of Cassandra announcement!

But do you prefer to read instead? Well, here's a quick summary:
  • Namco has confirmed that the next patch will have the next DLC character (unless it was a poor translation).
  • Character creation contest ends on the 21st and its prize (name in credits) would require a small amount of work in a patch.
  • There is an SC6 tournament in Tokyo on the 21st of July, and EVO finals will happen on 4th of August.
  • So I'm feeling pretty confident Cass will get announced on one of those two dates, and her release date will be last week of July or early August.
That's a nice piece of art you had commissioned, would you mind uploading it here for the rest of us? Cassandra looks good and it's hilarious seeing your avatar shooting water at her shield, lol.

Back