Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I thought Harada told people to calm down on that, that it was just going to be art and soundtrack stuff for the new DLC? It could be trolling, but...

He also told people there won't be reveal at last year Evo.

Plus they already hinted so much at S3 T7 that at this point chances are pretty high, and it just make more sense since this year T7 have more entrences than both 2017 and 2018 Evos. But I can understand Harada here, guess he doesn't like the idea of making you watch a tournament only because of reveal.

Adding the Astral Fissure variants of the maps really seems like it should be a no-brainer, with practically zero effort.
Ehh, I don't really think we're missing much by not having the astral fissure stages: all it does is add a least-possible-amount-effort instagram filter to the sky with a few generic effects. If it was added, I'd hope for it to be just for a couple of levels, with other stages getting different light cycle/time of day variants
Not sure why they can't at least give us that. I really doubt a Team Battle mode, if we're trying to be realistic, though the mechanic for the idea is certainly already in the game, for single player.
Yeah, but as I was saying--I was already way out in fantasy land in speculating that even a third of that list get made, so I might as well throw in something I think is long overdue for a return.
I do believe that we'll get at least one more stage, to even out the stage selection screen. And my personal bets are set on Seong Dojang. If they added two, they would throw off the symmetry again, so it would either have to be one or three, not two. If we were doing three, I'd say Money Pit and Azwel's Study Valentine Mansion, or if not Valentine Mansion... Jyurakudai Villa, to cap off the last of season two with Setsuka. That would be pretty amazing. But very seriously, I would just say one is the most likely outcome.
I mean, they could always just balance the screen manually. I'm not holding my breath on any extra stages and yet, paradoxically, if they did start adding more stages, I'd hope they wouldn't stop at one.
I'm not even going to entertain the idea of a season three.
Oh yeah, you're preaching to the choir: season three is just a pipe dream I like to speculate about, but I don't have descriptors for how surprised I'd be if it actually happened.
and not even Tekken is getting a season three.
Now that I'm not so sure of. Tekken is the cash cow; it probably makes more sense to create a third season for that game than a second for SCVI, from a strictly profit motive perspective.
But I do feel like season two, at its minimum expectancy of six characters and one stage, the game will feel more than adequate, if not great.
I'll buy whatever they release, but I meant what I said: I'd need to see everything on that list before bumping this into the upper echelons of the franchise. It's just disappointed on so many levels as is, for yours truly anyway.
I absolutely expect to get SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V soundtracks with Cassandra, too, and you left that out of your list.
No I didn't. :) I think it's possible that will be delayed until season two, mind you, but I'm hoping that is not the case.
It just doesn't make much sense for them to come this far and then not give the rest of the music, particularly because they used Dance of the Oracle in Amy's Soul Chronicle.
From your lips to Okubo's ears--that's one of the few parts of the game looking to be comprehensive. Of course, it just further hilights just how much the stage selection sucks, to have 80 tracks (or whatever it is) usable on 12 whole stages....

Last edited:
A week from today is Cassandra's birthday or something. If she was due to be released july 20 (She won't be) then I think the Steam.DB would have updated but nope nothing for her.

A week from today is Cassandra's birthday or something. If she was due to be released july 20 (She won't be) then I think the Steam.DB would have updated but nope nothing for her.
I don't think anyone was really expecting her to be released on the 19th-21st, just announced, with the tagline of release date: SOON. Though the hope would be that she would come out the following Tuesday/Thursday, the week after is also certainly possible.

Adding the Astral Fissure variants of the maps really seems like it should be a no-brainer, with practically zero effort. Not sure why they can't at least give us that.
Those things tank performance, which is kinda acceptable in a single player story mode, but not acceptable in multiplayer. They didn't even add 2B's stage into ranked for the same reason and 2B's stage is not near as bad as Astral Fissure variants can get.
I do believe that we'll get at least one more stage, to even out the stage selection screen. And my personal bets are set on Seong Dojang. If they added two, they would throw off the symmetry again, so it would either have to be one or three, not two.
I bet the one stage to restore the symmetry they had in mind from the very beginning is a Season 2 guest character stage, after all so far every guest in SC6 had a stage bundled with them.
Also I think in the latest Q&A Okubo did say they will try to add more stages (plural) into the game due to the popular demand even if it's expensive, so we actually might get more.

P.S. Meanwhile in DoA6 land the second season has been already just announced with specific details to be revealed in a week...

P.S. Meanwhile in DoA6 land the second season has been already just announced with specific details to be revealed in a week...

See, now this shit bothers me.

That DOA6 got ahead of SC6 all things considering, is a Lethal Hit.

There is no excuse for PS for this one. They are looking pathetic right now.

Get your fucking ass in gear and start releasing the content.

See, now this shit bothers me.

That DOA6 got ahead of SC6 all things considering, is a Lethal Hit.

There is no excuse for PS for this one. They are looking pathetic right now.

Get your fucking ass in gear and start releasing the content.
But first they should probably start communicating with the community more, which they’ve also been really terrible with as of late.

Those things tank performance, which is kinda acceptable in a single player story mode, but not acceptable in multiplayer. They didn't even add 2B's stage into ranked for the same reason and 2B's stage is not near as bad as Astral Fissure variants can get.

I bet the one stage to restore the symmetry they had in mind from the very beginning is a Season 2 guest character stage, after all so far every guest in SC6 had a stage bundled with them.
Also I think in the latest Q&A Okubo did say they will try to add more stages (plural) into the game due to the popular demand even if it's expensive, so we actually might get more.

To be fair if more DLC for SC6 means adding KOF characters that no one asked for, and some clown fiesta costumes that don't even fit the characters, i'd rather SC6 won't have DLC anymore.

To be fair if more DLC for SC6 means adding KOF characters that no one asked for, and some clown fiesta costumes that don't even fit the characters, i'd rather SC6 won't have DLC anymore.

You mean to say "ANOTHER clown fiesta" I'm sure.
I mean, the DLCs they have released up untill now sometimes don't fit into almost anything, yet I have seen some designs that utilise them pretty well, so, I wouldn't be too bothered by that. With one exception, but oh well~

You mean to say "ANOTHER clown fiesta" I'm sure.
I mean, the DLCs they have released up untill now sometimes don't fit into almost anything, yet I have seen some designs that utilise them pretty well, so, I wouldn't be too bothered by that. With one exception, but oh well~

At least for SC6 it's CaS and not just costumes, so even if a lot of them don't fits as they are, but working with those you can make something fitting. In DOA6 in the other hands the costumes are as they are so you either like them or not, no option to make things more suitable.

At least for SC6 it's CaS and not just costumes, so even if a lot of them don't fits as they are, but working with those you can make something fitting. In DOA6 in the other hands the costumes are as they are so you either like them or not, no option to make things more suitable.
Obvious solution: Make at least one generic anime character to fit any costume they make Kappa

Is this a thing on consoles? I didn't see any performance dips on PC for these stages. That kinda sucks if that's the reason why we didn't get those.

I don't believe there will be a guest in season two, considering the codenames, so there's no room for this to be something that happens. Besides that, the Soul Chronicle / Libra of Soul art suggests that the Money Pit was supposed to be a stage, and it might could even be argued the Emperor's Garden as seen in Xianghua's Soul Chronicle (I just remembered this, why I didn't bring it up in my last post). Libra of Soul used Azwel's study to represent what would be Valentine Mansion, but that one doesn't have art, so that's less probable, but still seems like it should be a thing. As much as I'd love to see Hoko Temple, all of the art in Taki's Soul Chronicle was generic background noise, so I don't really think that's likely. No art of Seong Dojang either, but... Mi-na herself mentioning it out loud in her dialogue gets to me.

It's definitely something I think we all hope for, and Okubo's answer in that Q&A instills a little strength to that hope, but... we'll see by this time next year.
:sc4amy1:

Back