Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Oh and by the way : Happy Birthday Cassandra !

BECF04A1-24BD-4044-8E2A-E8F7E3A33C83.jpeg

I was just playing Tekken 4 & 7 I have to say, I really hope going forward they look to Tekken 4 as that entry breathes a lot of life into the game despite its problems.

But my point, I just noticed that Soulcalibur and Tekken has shared animations?
Not that its a big deal or problem, but I never noticed it this whole time.

Amy and Nina Williams specifically being the ones that come to mind.

In Tekken 4 Nina has a victory pose which can be seen here at 0:21

This is also the same exact animation Amy received as a victory pose in SC3/4 is it not?
In SC6 she does this pose against Azwel, saying "Goodbye, now don't bother us again".
From what I can make of it the differences are the fingers and the extended piece with her hand on her hip.

Nina seems to still have a similar animation in Tekken 7 but the animation itself does seem very different and it ends very differently too.

I also noticed (though I didn't pay attention to if it was character specific or generic) that Lars has an animation in Tekken 7 when he gets hit on the legs that Amy also does. I didn't really see it again or look into this one much, but it seems very similar to an SC animation.

I guess its no surprise that these games would share animations and such, but I never really noticed it in the first place.

The heck Mitsu CE punishes everything View attachment 63930

Thinking about this, Amy's purple rose CE is so satisfying.
High damage, same 12 frames, restore guard stamina and steal soul gauge.
At least from what I can make of it, I love it.

I was just playing Tekken 4 & 7 I have to say, I really hope going forward they look to Tekken 4 as that entry breathes a lot of life into the game despite its problems.

This is also the same exact animation Amy received as a victory pose in SC3/4 is it not?
In SC6 she does this pose against Azwel, saying "Goodbye, now don't bother us again".
From what I can make of it the differences are the fingers and the extended piece with her hand on her hip.

Nina seems to still have a similar animation in Tekken 7 but the animation itself does seem very different and it ends very differently too.

I also noticed (though I didn't pay attention to if it was character specific or generic) that Lars has an animation in Tekken 7 when he gets hit on the legs that Amy also does. I didn't really see it again or look into this one much, but it seems very similar to an SC animation.

I guess its no surprise that these games would share animations and such, but I never really noticed it in the first place.

Unfortunately, it can take a long time to get there considering how Amy’s Rose mechanic works.

Edit:
Wait...did I seriously make a Sonic reference? Damn it...

Unfortunately, it can take a long time to get there considering how Amy’s Rose mechanic works.

Edit:
Wait...did I seriously make a Sonic reference? Damn it...

It really can, certain matchups seem to be better at stopping her roses too without necessarily overpowering her either.
Sometimes I just try to drag on the match very long to get all the roses then if its life or death use her weak but fast CE to finish it if I haven't got all roses.
Though its fun being petty and trying get all roses instantly without any care for your health bar. Kappa

uy1uKet.png

I noticed that the most in 3 as a lot of the CAS styles take throws from Tekken.

Doesn’t Xianghua also have a i12 CE?

I still remember the first move i noticed to be similar to Tekken in SC it was 88K Ivy that is similar to Bryan's FF3, FF4 from then on Sc and Tekken were brother and sister LOL.

Yeah that's great Amy move, honestly SC6 has really some of the best "Supers" in any fighting game now thinking about it, maybe tie with SF5, this last one are some of the best too but there few that i found wack. Tekken 7's are very great too (huge step up from T7 vanilla btw) but SC6 still step ahead in that aspect.

What makes a great CA for me:

• Creative animation and camera while it perfectly fits the character.
  • Not too short while not too long.
  • Different properties (well in general most good FG apply this aspect)

SC6 is the only fighting game in this generation that apply this and on each character. Good Job to PS on this.

Anything that is 12 frames or higher on block his CE will punish it.

Yeah still make me go"wait what" when it happen though

I find a i12 super that is initiated by a one buttons to be disgusting. I could somewhat understand that with Amy cause she needs to build roses for that but that Mitsu's CE makes you scared to do anything.

I feel it's a bit too much strong too haha, like you can even punish throws after duck for real? wonder if PS ha planned it to be that good. I don't think Mitsu is broken tho even with that,but his CE is def something special.

Last edited:
I noticed that the most in 3 as a lot of the CAS styles take throws from Tekken.

Doesn’t Xianghua also have a i12 CE?
Yes Xianghua has an i12 CE too. It’s nearly about the same damage as Mitsu’s. Voldo also has an i12 CE in Blindstance. In Voldo’s case however, he’s unable to use it for guard punishment and doesn’t do as much damage as Mitsu, Amy or Xianghua’s CE’s.

I still remember the first move i noticed to be similar to Tekken in SC it was 88K Ivy that is similar to Bryan's FF3, FF4 from then on Sc and Tekken were brother and sister LOL.

Yeah that's great Amy move, honestly SC6 has really some of the best "Supers" in any fighting game now thinking about it, maybe tie with SF5, this last one are some of the best too but there few that i found wack. Tekken 7's are very great too (huge step up from T7 vanilla btw) but SC6 still step ahead in that aspect.

What makes a great CA for me:

• Creative animation and camera while it perfectly fits the character.
  • Not too short while not too long.
  • Different properties (well in general most good FG apply this aspect)

SC6 is the only fighting game in this generation that apply this and on each character. Good Job to PS on this.
I can't really disagree, I love the way the attacks look and such.
I do feel they could be a bit shorter in some cases, but I don't think they're unbearably long either! They look so good so its fairly entertaining to watch too rather than get annoyed at their length. I'm happy with them!

There’s also that one time when Josie Rizal just straight up stole Xiba’s Critical Edge:

Damn, that one is blunt!
I never noticed because I didn't do much in SC5, but its pretty interesting to see!
I'm honestly keeping an eye out for more animations now, its actually fun to see. Though the Josie case is ridiculously blunt!

Back