Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

@artard4321 - I truly believe they’re going to save Setsuka for the last pair, to keep people on the hook. Hwang and Aeon also make the most sense for the first pair, too, considering they’re the two of the six with the most existing presence in the base game. I would also classify Hwang as “original” and Aeon as “alternate”, so it still fits your theory.

Rock and Li Long, though, presents a problem, however, because they’re both “original”, even though their respective “alternate” are both already in the game. Yun-seong is “alternate” while Setsuka is “original”, though, so the pattern still holds for those two.
We have to consider which characters are marketable as well. As much as I would LOVE to see Hwang and Aeon, both pairs as a reveal would be lackluster to the mainstream audience. And as much as I like Hwang, he's pretty much an alternate to Xianghua the same way Kunimitsu was an alternate to Yoshimitsu even though they play very differently. I also believe that Li Long is a goner unless we get Season 3. I personally see:

Hwang/Aeon and Setsuka
Aeon/Hwang and Hilde
Rock and Guest

Although I prefer Yun-seong or Li Long over a guest, adding a guest is honestly more likely since it is a marketing strategy. Hilde will also make it in because the spear and sword moveset is a staple moveset that is missing from the game. If not Hilde then a new character with the spear and sword moveset will make it in.

I'm making my predictions based on a mix of game design (character moveset) and business (character popularity) point of view with the datamined hints as reference by the way.

At this point, I don't think we'll see any more content beyond the last DLC character, which seems to be Cassandra. Yes, there was the planted data but I don't think anything was decided at that point, just a plant to gauge interest. I would be incredibly surprised if they decide to go through with a second season.

I could see it going either way. The lead developers in that company seem to be holdouts for the old way of thinking in Japanese game development, where they go on radio silence indefinitely but still anticipate an eager audience waiting outside for them when they decide to show their face in daylight again.

Square Enix still has some of those guys too, sadly.

Honestly for me not really, i appreciate Ed Boon trying to communicate, but i don't like those kind of reveal little by little, i prefer the keep it silent then BOOM FIRST TIME LOOK and REVEAL.

And it's not like like they cancelled Cassandra or something, we know she's coming, just don't know when, and right now it's obvious her time will be at EVO.

I mean sure teases are cool, i like the way it's done by SF5 and sometimes NRS, like saying a line that may refer for that character, maybe post a picture related to the character, but not showing ingame screen or footage of the actual character, not in this case while they show little by little, because maybe a lot don't realize it but it would remove and ruin some of the Ultra "WOW OMGGGG!!!!" effects that people would got from the reveal trailer will come, You'll see that when Nightwolf will be reveal he may and probably end super great specially for his hardcore fans, but the reactions won't go too crazy because people already seen quite a bit of him, unlike past reveal MK11 characters.

some more shenanigans inside cassandra's app on steamdb.
when you click on her app you see one of the "packages" that includes her has been updated in the last 20 hours or so.

This looks like they updated the Steam store entry for the Cass DLC.

I wonder if there's any chance they'll do a "And she's available... now!"

Edit: For reference, Amy's store page entry saw no change between May 28th 2018 and two weeks before her release.

Last edited:
You can really still say you enjoy them staying silent after this damn long?
I admire your devotion to your ideals, my man, for I surely do not share them at this point.

Even if they reveal Cass right now, it won't be met with as much excitement as a bitter "Finally, took them long enough"

First off just curious, what do you want them to say btw in that case?

Also i'm not saying i'm enjoying the silent, i'm saying i'd rather silence then full reveal rather than the 2 seconde gif / ingame screen each 2 weeks

Yeah i can see that happen, available now or available tomorrow right after the trailer during EVO. But since SC6 is Friday it's more likely they would plan her to be release on Monday at soonest.

I honestly believe that they've had her completed since at least last month ago and withheld her for EVO just to have this kind of announcement. I'll actually be disappointed if they don't; or worse end up giving us the "soon" treatment again.

I'll actually be disappointed if they don't; or worse end up giving us the "soon" treatment again.
SOON™.gif

dont be surprised when SOON™ happens, but it would be nice if they do the "She will be available TOMORROW ©"

Back