Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

dragon_dez mentioned Haohmaru first..
1Gg8QQh.gif

I mentioned weeks ago in this thread about the plot of astral chaos time traveler Cassandra, it seems that is canon.
So this Cassandra is herself from SC4 I'd imagine.

What may happen is that each timeline she travels to she merges with her equivalent there as its the only way for her to have a place?
judging by the BR references too.

I'd imagine her SC4 identity is most intact though, since in the mobile game mentioned she knew Sophitia was not her Sophitia.

I'm going to guess due to the nature of how the games transpired Amy, Raphael, Cassandra and Zaslamel may all share an arc of sorts.
It also explains Amy's leg scar, it never happened in the past. It happened only here. Kind of adds considering that she doesn't dance anymore.
On the plus side, we won't have to wait long to find out!

Cassandra is going to steal Sophitia sword and shield and wear the mask like it’s going to “hide” her identity. I remember that Sophitia returns this so she can go sit on her husbands after she fights the Conduit. Who also strangely enough has the sword and shield. But I’ll find out tomorrow, but I don’t see anything but Zas dejavu returning from the original timeline at this point. Everything else has already diverged.

With S2 coming in 2020, the same year as the next-gen consoles, any chance that we'll get that full-on next gen port I was talking about a while back? That would be the dream come true right there.

Season 2 will bring best boy too, I'm sure of it.
Now can you remove this damn "HWANG IS DEAD" from your signature and I can use "YUN-SEONG IS DEAD" @Dissidia
View attachment 64373

Both of your optimism is lovely to see, but I'm rather pessimistic. Until we see who the first character is I say anything goes. I have no idea what the mask means. Cassandra story cutscene? Hilde? New character?

Yes since this 4 character pass doesn't seem to follow the leak I'm saying we could in theory get a brand new character.

That being said the odds favor Setsuka 90% chance she is in.

and Yun Seong. Setsuka + Yun Seong will complete the "set" of missing characters from SC2 and SC3.

I feel bad for Lizardman/Aeon fans. Fucked twice and got the cas lizard as some sort of throwaway bonus :'(

Both of your optimism is lovely to see, but I'm rather pessimistic. Until we see who the first character is I say anything goes. I have no idea what the mask means. Cassandra story cutscene? Hilde? New character?

Yes since this 4 character pass doesn't seem to follow the leak I'm saying we could in theory get a brand new character.

That being said the odds favor Setsuka 90% chance she is in.

and Yun Seong. Setsuka + Yun Seong will complete the "set" of missing characters from SC2 and SC3.

I feel bad for Lizardman/Aeon fans. Fucked twice and got the cas lizard as some sort of throwaway bonus :'(

To be entirely honest, if he's not the first DLC character (aside from the guest) then I'll be in a state of trauma.
But seeing how Season 1 was all girls, I really think Hwang with a unique weapon and being male is very much a decent one to be seen as priority.

I think the data leak not being followed doesn't matter entirely? By the looks of it each character will come with a CAS pack and that means we could see Season 3 happen since we'd have at least two characters left, assuming "STAR" was a pure coincidence and not related to the guest character then we have 3, though I doubt that is the situation, plus they could throw in another guest to add another possibility.

I find it hard to believe, even if only for this game and non in the future that we wont get Hwang and Lizardman here and now.

I'm usually a full blown pessimist in many ways, but I'm going to continue remaining hopeful with Soulcalibur. Season 2's announcement hasn't let me down and I need Hwang back desperately, we'll have our man back. Even if the wait is painful and trauma inducing.
Perhaps I am wrong... But I've got see Hwang back, I really do, even if Yun throws him off a bridge in the next game.

i dont think they removed it, i think they added a new ability to feint RE on block into a regular attack instead

That is a possibility, but the other possibility is that it no longer goes into the mini-game at full charge against blocking opponents, and instead you just gain advantage in someway. Raph seems to go into stance on block, I suspect others would have similar opportunities.

It's tricky to know for sure because they used Raphael as a base, who already has RE related gimmicks, so it could also just be something for him as a whole. Tough to say. Considering it was showcased right after the text said "New Systems" or whatever, I would assume it's a blanket RE change. Considering everyone and their mom said RE is a bad mechanic, I would suspect it's a change, but I could just be hoping.

--

In an ideal world, the whole mini-game itself would be lost.

Cassandra looks so perfect, and her fighting style is more in your face and aggressive, with more shield usage. just how I imagined it should be!!

and I'm so glad she out tomorrow. we've waited long enough!!

It kind of sucks the Sam Sho dude is taking a spot on the S2 pass, though. And yes, S2 should be more male oriented since S1 was all female.

However, if there's one girl I want back it would be Setsuka. The other 2 spots can be male characters.

Back