Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

poor guy
giphy.gif

The important thing is for players to attend as many tournaments as they can to keep the game alive, and maybe we'll get a second year at EVO.

Okubo and Project Soul should try to keep the community as much engaged as possible and i think can come up with something like that its simple.
Most of us loves CAS so they should make CAS parts a "bait" for people to keep interacting with the SC community online and also make it possible for people that like arcade to get the same rewards.
Like make challenges something like: win 10 matches till the end of the week in ranked and get this awesome CAS part.
The next week there should be another CAS part waiting for you, if you could not get the CAS part of last week for whatever reason, then the CAS part of last week is still there waiting for you to be unlocked if you clear the challenge of this week.
Not everyone is a CAS fan so for the more competitive guys there should be other rewards to keep them engaged with Ranked, like different boarders for top 50 players on leader boards (they should fix leader boards first tho). and also genuine lost of point if they have not played in some days.

i think that something in this direction should improve the interaction players have with the game and keep it relevant at some degree.

Last edited:
Well, that's a lot to digest:

• Four characters instead of six, meaning we can pretty much be all but certain now that the "data leak" was a viral marketing gimmick (and one they didn't ultimately show strict fidelity with). I feel a little vexed by that, after sticking to my guns for so long that a second season pass would certainly be four characters (three returners and a guest), only to set that call aside in the face of the codenamed six. Anyway, I do hope this foreshadows a third season pass in a year, so we truly get the band back together (the SCIII:AE cast, plus two new characters, plus four guests would make for one of the best rosters in franchise history). As to prognostications as to who the remaining three season two characters are, I'd say the smart money is on Hwang, Aeon, and Setsuka.
Another alternative is that they planned 6 characters back in December, but then reduced it to 4. But either way, making sense of the codenames is rather pointless at this rate

How would you feel if you got Nakoruru?
I figured we'd be getting a Samurai Showdown character. I was initially gonna propose Haohmaru too, but they lend Nakoruru out more so I guessed her. I'm pretty happy that I got the Samsho part right at least.

I'm sorry, guys. I didn't mean to jinx everyone with my last post about Sunday. Don't kill me :'(

Meh. Lolis...
I didn't propose her because lolis, I would do that if a Samsho character was coming to DOA though. Also, Helena Best girl.

"I will not shake your filthy, gaijin paw."

Noticing patterns? For Tekken 7 and SCVI they are using an early guest announcement to drum up hype for the season passes. So we need to support this game even more than before and get the DLC for Season 2 so that we can potentially get even more content after that.

I know it's shill-like behavior but I won't rest until Hwang is in soulcalibur, I don't care how many seasons or games it takes I will fuckin buy it to get what i want

The new SC mechanic looks very familiar to the V-trigger when it comes to its execution. You can execute it mid-combo.

The fury of being a Hwang fan is above and beyond any mere season pass.

How do you think us Li Long fans feel when he was your main in the original game. Not only that I got double fucked in the long run because Taki became my main and the she ends up being replaced in SCV. I'm a Yoshi main now so I suppose I'm pretty much maining a safe stay but you never know I could get fucked over down the line as anything is possible with this series.

If Project Soul does bring back Li Long make him bold for his main attire as he looks boss as fuck with it.

soul blade li long alt portrait.jpg

Back