Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I can't read it, the site won't connect.
I also tried to go on the home page of her site, but Malwarebytes is telling me there's a trojan :(
That’s weird. Well here’s a transcript:
Kayane : Thank you Okubo-san and Takahashi-san for your time ! As usual, I have some tricky questions to ask you ! I’m sure you didn’t miss them ! Can you tell me more about the Season Pass 2 and what it will include ?

Motohiro Okubo : Season Pass n°2 includes four characters and four character creation parts, so it’s going to be a total of 8 DLCs.

Kayane : I understand better ! Four characters and one is Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown !

M.O. : Haohmaru, yes.

K. : And three legacy characters.

M.O. : Maybe ?

K. : Or maybe a new one ?

M.O. : long pause, hesitant You’ll see ! Please wait !

K. : So when does Season Pass 2 start ?

M.O. : We’re releasing Cassandra for the August 5th and we’re currently developping Season 2, so it’ll take some time. We’ll do various updates with Season 2, including the new system and new moves. But we’re gonna have new stages and improvements to the battle system, so it’ll take some time. So please relax and wait.

K. : « We’re giving you Cassandra, please wait ! » laughs

M.O. : laughs Yes, it will take some time. I also want to say that until Season 2 hits, we won’t change drastically the battle system.

K. : So there will be a new patch ?

M.O. : Yes, yes. Just a few changes.

K. : Changing the balance and such ?

M.O. : It’s more about fixing hitbox bugs, minor changes for now.

K. : So that’s coming out Monday with Cassandra ?

M.O. : Yes. And so after that, we want players to play with Season 1 while waiting for Season 2 to come. But we also want to tell players that the characters improved on Season 1 will still be strong with Season 2. We will add some features in battle, but that doesn’t mean it’s a reset.

K. : I’ve seen some new moves, will every character have some in Season 2 ?

M.O. : Well I can’t say right now that every character will have some, but most of them will have a new move.

K. : One new or a few ?

M.O. : More than one.

K. : And Reversal Edge will get some changes ?

M.O. : We’ve had a lot of discussions on Reversal Edge after announcing Reversal Edge itself. We won’t remove it, as it’s a core part of the battle mechanics, but we do know that the game has a speed and a tempo that we need to change a bit. We need to rework it while not toning down the game’s flow.

K. : And will the Soul Charge change ?

M.O. : We need you to wait. Right now, we have two options with the gauge : the Soul Charge and Critical Edge. And we’ll add another use to the gauge !

K. : Like the Brave Edge in Soul Calibur V ?

M.O. : It’s a new system. We received a lot of feedback from players wanting to use half gauges for other things and we’ve done just that, though you’ll need to wait for more specifics.

K. : Has Guard Impact changed as well ?

Yoshinori Takahashi : Guard Impact itself won’t change that much, but within the trailer you’ll see a new and special Guard Impact.

K. : So there are two types of G.I. ?

M.O. : It can repel through unblockables and break attacks.

K. : Oh yes, I’ve seen Sophitia doing a fire attack and Tira G.I.’d it. So that’s the new G.I. system, then.

M.O. : Please guess ! laughs

K. : Guess… So there’s a G.I. meter ?

M.O. : So the current G.I. system G.I.’s most moves, right ? But not 100% of the moves. We wanted to change that a little, because in some rare circumtances… It’s very difficult to say in English, the current G.I. system is broken in parts, and we wanted to fix that. So the new GI would have a new condition to have a more complete battle system.

K. : I remember Soul Calibur V had a meter you needed to use to use G.I. Will it be close to that ?

Y.T. : Let’s just say that it’s close, but different .

K. : You’re not afraid it’ll be too strong afterwards ?

Y.T. : We’re aware of that risk, but we’re currently making the adjustments to make it balanced, so I’m sure you’ll be okay !

K. : It will meet some requirements to make this Guard Impact ?

Y.T. : smile

laughs

M.O. : Being interviewed by a pro player is so hard ! laughs

K. : I know, it may be hard, but the next interviews you’ll have will feel nice in comparison ! laughs

Are there any new Soul Charge moves for the characters ?

Y.T. : We’re thinking about it, though it’s still under consideration.

K. : And any new Critical Edge ?

Y.T. : We’re also thinking about it, but we think it’ll be difficult to do, so we’ll see…

K. : How many stages will there be coming?

M.O. : If you look closely in the newest trailer, we’re already using the new stages, though most will be variants of the already existing stages. There will be new stages, but they’ll mostly use existing stage assets. They’ll be included in a free update during Season 2, and we want to make totally new stages, but we can’t say how many right now. We of course want to add as much as possible, but you’ll have to wait.

K. : So they’ll be new stages based on the old ones but with different aspect ?

Y.T. : So we’ll add a wall in some stages, and change the shapes and sizes.

K. : And also a new country ?

Y.T. : No new countries. It’s only concerning the existing stages right now.

M.O. : Though the one we’re making, the new one, might be a new country, we can’t really say.

K. : Would it be China or Japan ?

M.O. : long sigh

laughs

K. : Okay, thank you laughs

M.O. : Please wait. We’re making it right now !

K. : So can you tell me more about Haohmaru ? How did you work with SNK about him and since when ?

M.O. : We’ve had a lot of discussions internally, and because we had Geralt and 2B, I think having these two characters was really great. I’m pretty sure that you loved 2B ?

K. : Yes of course I LOVE HER!

laughs

M.O. : And so this time we wanted to go with a character from the fighting game genre ! And so because I was Producer on Tekken 7, not only we knew what would match, but we also had a point of view from the marketing. Geralt did appeal to the Witcher fans, and 2B had appeal to the NieR fans, which we normally can’t reach with regular fighting game promotion. But because we wanted to do it at EVO and we felt it was a good timing, with a closer audience, we talked to SNK and I can’t say from when exactly, but it was quite close.

K. : And is the character finished already ?

M.O. : Not at all !

laughs

K. : So he’ll appear some day within the Season Pass.

M.O. : If you look, some of the message is hidden here. shows the trailer while talking Season Pass 2 will have 8 DLCs as I said, but it will be released in four batches. So the first character will come with the first customisation kit.

K. : So you’ll release one new character with one customization set every time ? Meaning 4 releases including 2DLC ?

M.O. : Yes ! And so the second batch will come with Haohmaru. So… Nothing is done yet, so please wait laughs But the message is that we want to have Haohmaru out as soon as possible ! It’s impossible to do it for the first set, but we want to have it done by the second time.

K. : Aside from all the announcements, what did you think about this year’s EVO for Soul Calibur VI ?

M.O. : Of course you know it was awesome ! As a publisher, because I had been watching a lot of Tekken eSports, but we’re always thinking who will win, which character win, would make the most noise. Which would be most cheered and make it more hype.

M.O. : It’s very difficult to be in the same level of hype, like we’re also at a different point of view from the main audience because we’re thinking about many things and how to make a better game and what changes need to be done. But yesterday…

Usually I don’t cry from seeing those tournaments, because I always think « what’s the better scenario ? », or what will happen after those tournaments, what will affect the community, but the first time I cried was when you won and entered top 8 yesterday ! Because I thought you were very busy after Soul Calibur VI, I know you were very invested in the game, but afterwards, you have to play different fighting games like Dead or Alive and Samurai Shodown, and I thought you were just busy with your job in France, and yet you prepared yourself playing 2B, and going into Top 8 isn’t easy. I think you’ve prepared and practiced a lot, so that made me very very happy !

K. : Aaaaawwwww !!!!

M.O. : And you made history as a female player !

K. : I believe it’s the first time a female player made Top 8 in a EVO main game line up.

M.O. : So that was the first time I cried yesterday !

K. : Aaaaaawwwwww !!!!! Really ?

M.O. : Really !

K. : Thank you so much ! I didn’t expect you would cry for me !

M.O. : No no no, I really appreciated the fact you practised a lot with 2B !

M.O. : I appreciate also all the French players and the other competitiors who participated ! But after top 8, that Winners Final between Skyll and Yuttoto… I cried again ! At that moment, I was with everyone in the room, cheering ! I was just hyped ! no need to think about anything else ! That was an awesome fight !

K. : Yeah, the matches were all amazing ! Skyll VS Yuttoto was something incredible, like two prodigies, one from France and one from Japan fighting each other and I was like « It’s awesome to see these two prodigies fighting each other, they seem like completely understanding each other and fighting back all the time, finding new strategy to overcome their opponent ». So interesting!

M.O. : That was awesome ! Really ! They were at it all day !

M.O. : It was really a tremendous time ! Every player understood what we wanted to implement, like Bluegod and the Soul Charge, how he used it and how other players used the Critical Edge., how they moved within the stages, the strategies and how they used the battle systems… Every single move at the top 8. We were speechless ! Every player understood what we wanted to do and they all went above and beyond our expectations ! We were all crying !

laughs

K. : I remember at EVO Japan, Osaka-san also cried a lot too. You’re such a passionnate development team.

M.O. : I think it was very good for the community overall ! Everyone enjoyed it and I’m happy we showed some kind of presence within EVO !

K. : Well, now it’s time for me to leave, as usual it’s so nice talking to you. Thank you so much for the interview !

M.O. : Thank you so much !

Kayane : Thank you Okubo-san and Takahashi-san for your time ! As usual, I have some tricky questions to ask you ! I’m sure you didn’t miss them ! Can you tell me more about the Season Pass 2 and what it will include ?

Motohiro Okubo : Season Pass n°2 includes four characters and four character creation parts, so it’s going to be a total of 8 DLCs.

Kayane : I understand better ! Four characters and one is Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown !

M.O. : We’re releasing Cassandra for the August 5th and we’re currently developping Season 2, so it’ll take some time. We’ll do various updates with Season 2, including the new system and new moves. But we’re gonna have new stages and improvements to the battle system, so it’ll take some time. So please relax and wait.

M.O. : laughs Yes, it will take some time. I also want to say that until Season 2 hits, we won’t change drastically the battle system.

M.O. : Yes. And so after that, we want players to play with Season 1 while waiting for Season 2 to come. But we also want to tell players that the characters improved on Season 1 will still be strong with Season 2. We will add some features in battle, but that doesn’t mean it’s a reset.

M.O. : Well I can’t say right now that every character will have some, but most of them will have a new move.

M.O. : We’ve had a lot of discussions on Reversal Edge after announcing Reversal Edge itself. We won’t remove it, as it’s a core part of the battle mechanics, but we do know that the game has a speed and a tempo that we need to change a bit. We need to rework it while not toning down the game’s flow.

M.O. : We need you to wait. Right now, we have two options with the gauge : the Soul Charge and Critical Edge. And we’ll add another use to the gauge !

M.O. : It’s a new system. We received a lot of feedback from players wanting to use half gauges for other things and we’ve done just that, though you’ll need to wait for more specifics.

Yoshinori Takahashi : Guard Impact itself won’t change that much, but within the trailer you’ll see a new and special Guard Impact.

K. : Oh yes, I’ve seen Sophitia doing a fire attack and Tira G.I.’d it. So that’s the new G.I. system, then.

M.O. : So the current G.I. system G.I.’s most moves, right ? But not 100% of the moves. We wanted to change that a little, because in some rare circumtances… It’s very difficult to say in English, the current G.I. system is broken in parts, and we wanted to fix that. So the new GI would have a new condition to have a more complete battle system.

K. : I remember Soul Calibur V had a meter you needed to use to use G.I. Will it be close to that ?

Y.T. : We’re aware of that risk, but we’re currently making the adjustments to make it balanced, so I’m sure you’ll be okay !

laughs

K. : I know, it may be hard, but the next interviews you’ll have will feel nice in comparison ! laughs

Y.T. : We’re also thinking about it, but we think it’ll be difficult to do, so we’ll see…

M.O. : If you look closely in the newest trailer, we’re already using the new stages, though most will be variants of the already existing stages. There will be new stages, but they’ll mostly use existing stage assets. They’ll be included in a free update during Season 2, and we want to make totally new stages, but we can’t say how many right now. We of course want to add as much as possible, but you’ll have to wait.

M.O. : Though the one we’re making, the new one, might be a new country, we can’t really say.

laughs

K. : So can you tell me more about Haohmaru ? How did you work with SNK about him and since when ?

M.O. : We’ve had a lot of discussions internally, and because we had Geralt and 2B, I think having these two characters was really great. I’m pretty sure that you loved 2B ?

laughs

M.O. : And so this time we wanted to go with a character from the fighting game genre ! And so because I was Producer on Tekken 7, not only we knew what would match, but we also had a point of view from the marketing. Geralt did appeal to the Witcher fans, and 2B had appeal to the NieR fans, which we normally can’t reach with regular fighting game promotion. But because we wanted to do it at EVO and we felt it was a good timing, with a closer audience, we talked to SNK and I can’t say from when exactly, but it was quite close.

laughs

M.O. : If you look, some of the message is hidden here. shows the trailer while talking Season Pass 2 will have 8 DLCs as I said, but it will be released in four batches. So the first character will come with the first customisation kit.

K. : So you’ll release one new character with one customization set every time ? Meaning 4 releases including 2DLC ?

M.O. : Yes ! And so the second batch will come with Haohmaru. So… Nothing is done yet, so please wait laughs But the message is that we want to have Haohmaru out as soon as possible ! It’s impossible to do it for the first set, but we want to have it done by the second time.

K. : Aside from all the announcements, what did you think about this year’s EVO for Soul Calibur VI ?

M.O. : Of course you know it was awesome ! As a publisher, because I had been watching a lot of Tekken eSports, but we’re always thinking who will win, which character win, would make the most noise. Which would be most cheered and make it more hype.

M.O. : It’s very difficult to be in the same level of hype, like we’re also at a different point of view from the main audience because we’re thinking about many things and how to make a better game and what changes need to be done. But yesterday…

Usually I don’t cry from seeing those tournaments, because I always think « what’s the better scenario ? », or what will happen after those tournaments, what will affect the community, but the first time I cried was when you won and entered top 8 yesterday ! Because I thought you were very busy after Soul Calibur VI, I know you were very invested in the game, but afterwards, you have to play different fighting games like Dead or Alive and Samurai Shodown, and I thought you were just busy with your job in France, and yet you prepared yourself playing 2B, and going into Top 8 isn’t easy. I think you’ve prepared and practiced a lot, so that made me very very happy !

K. : I believe it’s the first time a female player made Top 8 in a EVO main game line up.

M.O. : I appreciate also all the French players and the other competitiors who participated ! But after top 8, that Winners Final between Skyll and Yuttoto… I cried again ! At that moment, I was with everyone in the room, cheering ! I was just hyped ! no need to think about anything else ! That was an awesome fight !

K. : Yeah, the matches were all amazing ! Skyll VS Yuttoto was something incredible, like two prodigies, one from France and one from Japan fighting each other and I was like « It’s awesome to see these two prodigies fighting each other, they seem like completely understanding each other and fighting back all the time, finding new strategy to overcome their opponent ». So interesting!

M.O. : It was really a tremendous time ! Every player understood what we wanted to implement, like Bluegod and the Soul Charge, how he used it and how other players used the Critical Edge., how they moved within the stages, the strategies and how they used the battle systems… Every single move at the top 8. We were speechless ! Every player understood what we wanted to do and they all went above and beyond our expectations ! We were all crying !

laughs

K. : I remember at EVO Japan, Osaka-san also cried a lot too. You’re such a passionnate development team.

M.O. : I think it was very good for the community overall ! Everyone enjoyed it and I’m happy we showed some kind of presence within EVO !

K. : Well, now it’s time for me to leave, as usual it’s so nice talking to you. Thank you so much for the interview !

Thank you! :)

laughs

laughs

laughs

laughs

laughs

That's such a nice and genuine little exchange at the end there. And what they are speaking of does reflect the fact that it feels like we've turned a corner for the game. The players really turned up at EVO representing what they've learned over the last nine months and demonstrating the deepening strategies. That paired very nicely with the announcements all coming in a flood, which is an approach to community outreach that I still don't think is a great idea, longterm, but I must admit everything seemed to come together for a moment there. A lot more people are playing the game this week than have at any time in the last four months, as best I can tell. Most of my local buddies are playing for the first time in ages, and even the threads here are kind of hopping. Best of all, Okubo's finally loosening those lips a little about what is coming down the line, and it seems like continuing support for the game is still much healthier than the recent months of deafening silence had begun to suggest. It feels like people are really optimistic for the game in a way that hasn't been there since around release.

I'll believe a new character when I see it. I don't think they are ready to stop recycling SC4 models yet.

Lizardman
Hilde
Yunseong
Rock
Setsuka
Algol
Dampierre

I think those are all the SC4 holdovers. 3 of these will be in the pass, mark my words!

Based on Steam Charts, SoulCalibur VI is the #1 trending game.
20190806_205508.jpg

In her Soul Chronicle, did anyone else think that Cassandra's interaction with Lucius felt more naturally like siblings than with Sophitia?

I swear if I hear "sis" one more time.... We know they're sisters, you only have to mention it once! Have Cassandra call her Sophitia or Sophie if you want a nickname.

Yeah, that seems very likely be what has happened.
Perhaps my FPS would occasionally dip a bit originally whereas now its even more consistent thanks to @Spartan_363 !
Also no crashes. Xbox is is brain dead atm and I can't check on there how it is on there, but I'm going to see all of them in case it changed on there too just in case!
However at least now I can play on PC now when the consoles are acting up! I'm still overjoyed by it!
Glad I was able to help, I have spent many years helping folks with their PC's since the early 2000's. I used to be very active on Tom's Hardware forums but with my career now, don't have much time to be online like before. So the XBOX is still having issues huh? At least you get to play it on your PC in the mean time.

Based on Steam Charts, SoulCalibur VI is the #1 trending game.
View attachment 64550
That's awesome, I'm starting to think waiting to announce Cassandra and Season 2 later was the right thing to do when there was a larger audience later on at EVO. It's up to us to keep the Soul burning and hope this leads to a season 3 and an awesome SCVII with a large budget for next gen systems.

I'll believe a new character when I see it. I don't think they are ready to stop recycling SC4 models yet.

Lizardman
Hilde
Yunseong
Rock
Setsuka
Algol
Dampierre

I think those are all the SC4 holdovers. 3 of these will be in the pass, mark my words!
You are really in denial when it comes to Hwang aren't you? lol

As pessimistic as I usually am, I would genuinely be surprised and disappointed if the "resurrected" character who's taking up the yellow colored slot isn't Hwang. So far, the returning DLC characters (Amy and Cassandra) had portraits and images already in the game and Hwang happens to be one of those characters with a similar level of presence as them.

Denial and pessimism is usually fine and all to avoid disappointment but I can't imagine the first DLC being anybody but Hwang. Not only will I feel disappointed, I would feel extremely jebaited at this point.

Just buy the $5 cable at your local electronics shops, 99% of the time, they work just as well as those overpriced Monster cables and such. This is especially more true with consoles and even gaming PC's. Unless you live next door to a particle accelerator or military radar installation, then that $5 cable should be good enough, don't let marketing nonsense fool you into buying those expensive cables that have nearly no real world impact over their cheaper alternatives.

turns out its the ps4 hdmi port. shit is fucked. now gotta wait until september to buy a new ps4. enjoy cass and the hype guys. pce.

turns out its the ps4 hdmi port. shit is fucked. now gotta wait until september to buy a new ps4. enjoy cass and the hype guys. pce.
That sucks, do you have an early model PS4? Because many of them had faulty HDMI ports where one of the pins was bent and there are tutorials on how to fix that issue. Hopefully you get to play the game soon because many people are online right now because Cass is fun to play.

You are really in denial when it comes to Hwang aren't you? lol

As pessimistic as I usually am, I would genuinely be surprised and disappointed if the "resurrected" character who's taking up the yellow colored slot isn't Hwang. So far, the returning DLC characters (Amy and Cassandra) had portraits and images already in the game and Hwang happens to be one of those characters with a similar level of presence as them.

Denial and pessimism is usually fine and all to avoid disappointment but I can't imagine the first DLC being anybody but Hwang. Not only will I feel disappointed, I would feel extremely jebaited at this point.
Just playing the devil's advocate here, but unlike Cassandra and Amy, Hwang's design seems largely unchanged from SCIII. Same goes for Edge Master.

That sucks, do you have an early model PS4? Because many of them had faulty HDMI ports where one of the pins was bent and there are tutorials on how to fix that issue. Hopefully you get to play the game soon because many people are online right now because Cass is fun to play.

yea its the early ones. checked the ps4 port and the pins are either gone or bent. gotta bite the bullet on this one till september come. enjoy for me!

Lizardman
Hilde
Yunseong
Rock
Setsuka
Algol
Dampierre

No way in hell they put in Damp before Hwang and while i really, really hate to admit it he probably has a better shot than Hilde or Algol. Or if not that he's got about the same chance as them.

yea its the early ones. checked the ps4 port and the pins are either gone or bent. gotta bite the bullet on this one till september come. enjoy for me!

I have the same issue actually! There's a couple places on the internet that allows you to send in your PS4 to get the HDMI port replaced for just about $100. If not the internet, I'm sure you can find some electronics shop in your area that will charge for about the same price. Better than shelling out $250~ for a new console altogether. I'm scrounging up some money for the repair so I can hopefully get a taste of Cassie as well.

Back