Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Dante is so rich :sc5dam1:
giphy.gif

What I find most hilarious is the very game we talk about has more violence than a silly picture posted here that led nowhere, it really makes it look like a reach on your end.
I'm sorry, but you and are not characters inside a video game, and you opened your post with a picture of a gun pointing at the face of someone you were in a disagreement with, before continuing which charged words, at least initially. I'm sorry, friend, but this is real life and in real life, that's threatening and inappropriate (even online--hell especially online sometimes these days). And that's the case no matter how many games or movies (comedies included) happen to have guns in them. It's also just not a pleasant image period (and a misfire if it was meant as humour) and is certainly not conducive to open and friendly discussion, no matter how you slice it--indeed, its also arguably against the site's TOS. Look, I appreciate that you took it down (I think it's for the best overall), but I think you did yourself a favour more than you did me one, given the possible fallout for posting something like that in today's climate.

Bye, and no ill will from me, but clearly we are not meant to interact at all. Have fun with your life, I mean that.
I believe you and reciprocate the sentiment. Take care.

The tornados may not turn out to be projectiles at all.
Would you include Ryu as a guest character and then make his hadouken a non-projectile? It wouldn't even be Ryu anymore.
But then look at Ezio of SCV, he had projectiles that fit in just fine and were pretty easy to sidestep for any average or above player. With a few more tweeks, it could be done where individual projectiles don't do much damage but chaining combos could otherwise, so it would reward players that successfully chain combos.

Viola is another fighter with successful projectile attacks because her orb is considered a projectile in the sense she attacks at range with it with finer control and such.
Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. I'm saying that SoulCalibur's movement system makes it too easy to dodge projectiles unless they're used within combos. Using Viola as an example doesn't really change that.

Part of the appeal of bringing in a guest from another fighting game series is partly so that fans of that series can play "Street Fighter" in "Tekken." They might not know much about Tekken, but they know how to play Akuma and that gives them an easier way to have fun in a different kind of fighter.

Haohmaru has a moveset that's heavily reliant on projectiles. But because of the 8 way run system, it'll be very, very hard for Project Soul to capture the spirit of his gameplay in SoulCalibur. I look forward to seeing how they approach it, however.

Did I miss anything?
Oh, ok. I didn't miss anything then.
Es6SSxm.gif

Haohmaru has a moveset that's heavily reliant on projectiles. But because of the 8 way run system, it'll be very, very hard for Project Soul to capture the spirit of his gameplay in SoulCalibur. I look forward to seeing how they approach it, however.
I honestly could be wrong, but I think they're just going to capture aesthetics of his moveset rather than actually doing his moveset if that makes any sense?
Perhaps they'd simply mix his projectiles with launchers etc, like how 2B starts on ground then does her moves in the air, with him he may keep a simple low damage projectile in the same vain as 2B, even if it isn't entirely effective.

Would you include Ryu as a guest character and then make his hadouken a non-projectile? It wouldn't even be Ryu anymore.

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. I'm saying that SoulCalibur's movement system makes it too easy to dodge projectiles unless they're used within combos. Using Viola as an example doesn't really change that.

Part of the appeal of bringing in a guest from another fighting game series is partly so that fans of that series can play "Street Fighter" in "Tekken." They might not know much about Tekken, but they know how to play Akuma and that gives them an easier way to have fun in a different kind of fighter.

Ryu? Of course not. Haohmaru? Maybe. The hadouken fireball itself is so recognizable and widely known across the globe. The move itself is iconic seperate from Ryu. No other fighting game character comes close to this.

do you guys believe the difficulty descriptions that the game provides for each character are accurate?

Like cass and Soph beginner, Tira advanced, Nightmare intermediate

I was thinking about that lately. The ones I agree with (to a certain extent) are: Mitsurugi, Maxi, Voldo, Sophitia, Siegfried, Kilik, Xianghua, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, Talim, Grøh, Geralt, 2B, Amy.

Even then, I still disagree with some of their Offense/Defense placements. Especialy Talim and Amy, it doesn't really make sense for them to be considered more defensive when they are one of the most aggressive characters and they lack range, which means they aren't the best punishers.

Should actually be Beginner: Seong Mi-na, Nightmare, Astaroth, Inferno.

There is hardly anything difficult about their inputs and gameplan.

Should actually be Intermediate: Tira, Zasalamel, Cassandra.

Zasalamel and Cassandra aren't as beginner-friendly as some other characters because they require you to know the most effective ways to stack curses/acquire Divine Force and what your best options are afterwards, which is a big part of their moveset. Also, Zasalamel has certain combos that need to be timed correctly and with Cassandra, you need to pay attention to your guard stamina. Tira isn't that difficult because the game gives you enough time to react to her mood changes.

Should actually be Advanced: Taki, Ivy, Raphael, Azwel.

Taki and Raphael are one of the most execution-heavy characters in the game and don't have a lot of mid horizontals. Ivy has Summon Suffering and Calamity Symphony, which are the two most difficult inputs in the game, and Azwel requires you to be constantly aware of which weapon state you're in. He is also the only character who doesn't have a conventional 2K and his 2A is slow outside of Sword mode/Almighty mode.

That is just my opinion though.

I’ve been enjoying myself with the special character feature by entering kanji into everyone’s names. One of the things I really appreciate is that I was able to give The Klessirpemdo their titles such as “the fires of hell, water of origin.” But... Luna doesn’t have one, and I wanted to make on up. I was going with Zangetsu for a day but I’m questioning why someone named after the moon would cut the moon? And then realized that I can’t find the meaning of The Klessirpemdo anywhere. So does anyone really know what that means because it will probably clue me in on a title for Luna.

Back