Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

jesus fucking christ. I've been rereading library info in SC6's character compendium.

There's actually a plot thread where in theory Li Long could return... his sister is in Xianghua's story and Li Long himself has an entry. I wouldn't say that this means Li Long is likely but there is a seed planted if they wish to grow it...

jesus fucking christ. I've been rereading library info in SC6's character compendium.

There's actually a plot thread where in theory Li Long could return... his sister is in Xianghua's story and Li Long himself has an entry. I wouldn't say that this means Li Long is likely but there is a seed planted if they wish to grow it...
I've been saying it since the earliest clues about the first season pass: it seems to me (and every additional piece of information we've gotten with time seems to fit perfectly with this assessment as content has developed) that the goal is to re-establish the entire classic roster (regular characters whose stories originated in SE through SCIII) plus the guests and new characters. I honestly think the only questions now are:

1) who gets in for season two (and I suggest that we have enough evidence to know who those are even: Hwang, Haohmaru, Setsuka, and Rock), and​
2) if there is a season three to make the filling out of the classic roster complete (and I do suspect three seasons is the plan they are working with now), will the fourth spot (in addition to Lizardman, Yun-seong, and Li long) be a fourth guest, or Hilde? I do think it's possible that rock and Lizardman will swap places with regard to which season they are dropped in, but I'm pretty sure the most likely formula is Aeon/Lizardman, Hwang, Li Long, Rock, Setuska, and Yun-seong, plus Haohmaru and another guest (or possibly Hilde).​

As I said about nine months back before the data "leak" muddied the waters somewhat, I think that achieving parity in the rough amount and character of content in the season passes is something that a large company like Namco wants--for marketing, sales model, and budget planning purposes. And I suspect they are gung-ho enough about seizing the presently open opportunity to make continuing support DLC the new norm that they don't need huge returns on a second and third season for them to be viewed as worthwhile in the longterm. In short, I think we will see three seasons, same as Tekken and (for a large number of convergent reasons) I'm pretty sure the list above represents by far the most probable composition.

Last edited:
I've been saying it since the earliest clues about the first season pass: it seems to me (and every additional piece of information we've gotten with time seems to fit perfectly with this assessment as content has developed) that the goal is to re-establish the entire classic roster (regular characters whose stories originated in SE through SCIII) plus the guests and new characters. I honestly think the only questions now are 1) who gets in for season two (and I suggest that we have enough evidence to know who those are even: Hwang, Haohmaru, Setsuka, and Rock), and 2) if there is a season three to make filling out the classic roster completely (and I do suspect three seasons is the plan they are working with now), will the fourth spot (in addition to Lizardman, Yun-seong, and Li long) be a fourth guest, or Hilde? I do think it's possible that rock and Lizardman will swap places with regard to which season they are dropped in, but I'm pretty sure the most likely formula is Aeon/Lizardman, Hwang, Li Long, Rock, Setuska, and Yun-seong, plus Haohmaru and another guest (or possibly Hilde).

As I said about nine months back before the data "leak" muddied the waters somewhat, I think that achieving parity in the rough amount and character of content in the season passes is something that a large company like Namco wants, for marketing, sales model, and planning purposes. And I suspect they are gung-ho enough about seizing the presently open opportunity to make continuing support DLC the new norm that they don't need huge returns on a second and third season for them to be viewed as worthwhile in the longterm. In short, I think we will see three seasons, same as Tekken and (for a large number of convergent reasons, I'm pretty sure the list above represents by far the most probable composition.

There's also no way that sales are gonna simply drop off a like a ROCK that Season 2 becomes significantly less profitable. Haomaru is cross promotional, and people thirst for more creation packs and weapon styles.

Imo Season 2 is better than Season 1 in value and content from the get-go, since Tira was cut from the retail game to be DLC.

y u late, tho? lol

Something I kind of wish they add is the ability to set music via character instead of stage. That would help spice it up a tad since the amount of stages is a tad anemic. Hopefully tracks from SC4 and 5 get added, too. Tira needs those piccolos back.

@Rusted Blade @DanteSC3

I see you both have a similar sense that you rather not have Raid exclusive equipment. Where I would rather that be the case. Normally raids such as in the game I mentioned, FF Brave Exvius these Raids would rotate in and out. They add more content because even though you have a core base you bring in new players with something else to do and begin exploring the game outside of that area. An example of how this system works and why it works within Libra of Souls is because even though the equipment in game is kind of redundant it’s still effective when you play. Being able to revive yourself when you health drops to zero, having stronger knock backs ect. All these perks you add to equipment would be effective against the Raid bosses. And the reason I believe the in game currency being easy to obtain reduces the predatory nature of just buying the SP in the store is because the grinders will enjoy the grind to get back into the Raid. The Raid cost will just have to set at a price that is hefty enough for people to grind and efficiently repeat the Raid. The items you obtain would be “seasonal” but there’s always a expectation that the chance to gain that equipment returns. Monster Hunter had seasonal events that gave you the Street Fighter, Devil May Cry Equipment. These Raid events can always happen again, and once again that increase the replay value in the game. This helps the Consoles sell their online memberships because you want to continue to play Raids. They can still release old and new equipment regularly but this puts a edge on gaining equipment for “free” because you bought the game for online content. There is just always going to be a ceiling which certain players can reach when it comes to the competitive nature vs the cooperative nature. As a new character is released the activity numbers spike but as months go it dies down. With the Raids these numbers may fluctuate but you can keep a steady amount of players online and continue to build the games momentum. This always doesn’t need the environment of esports, win pots, or locations to hold said events. But it also brings in revenue for that side of the game as well. It brings in revenue for further development into the short comings you desire. It brings in revenue for investors to believe in the game. Introductioning this feature will always bring the fear of the predatory nature of what Bandai Namco could start to charge us. But to my knowledge they aren’t known for being that kind of company.

It just introduces the effect of having special rotational equipment for these Raids. Cross overs that don’t require a new character to be put in. Being able to use what’s already in house and build it in such a way that it’s difficult and enjoyable at the same time. Makes another aspect of the game more appealing. And it’s not really single player, because you are still playing with others, you will still interact with others on how to effectively complete the task and the overall Raid. So it still builds the community.

And it also allows them to play with non/canonical elements the more characters are introduced into the game. So it’s just enjoyable all around. The downside I see if the potential predatory practices.

Hwang > Yun-Seong

I would love both, but alas only one will return.

To make it short I do love Yun-Seong (and not jus' because he is hot @DanteSC3 lol)

I do like him for how he does admire Hwang and wants to beat him to see if he is as good as him. Though, cause Hwang didn't want to fight him he decides the best coarse of action to make him acknowledge him is to find Soul Edge.

He does do it for good reasons though; he does want to protect his home country and that is his main goal through the journey. Also, during SC3 when Talim and the kid Talim was trying to help had their own issues he, in his own way, motivated them not to give up and in the end things went well for both of them so he is a swell guy.

Finally, he is pretty aware at SC4's events that Soul Edge is dangerous so he knows what he is dealing with.

To sum it up he does what he does out of love for the people he cares about when his parents weren't there for them.

So.

Yeah.

Oh, yeah.

Hilde>>>>>Setsuka.

Introductioning this feature will always bring the fear of the predatory nature of what Bandai Namco could start to charge us. But to my knowledge they aren’t known for being that kind of company.
-laughs in iDOLM@STER-

(Also Tales, to some extent.)

It’s not that it’s a terrible idea overall, though, I just think they have enough on their plate as it is.

y u late, tho? lol

Something I kind of wish they add is the ability to set music via character instead of stage. That would help spice it up a tad since the amount of stages is a tad anemic. Hopefully tracks from SC4 and 5 get added, too. Tira needs those piccolos back.

I already knew Li Long had story ties, but this was before I had any hope of the game having more than Amy and Cass as post launch legacy characters. I simply set aside this story beat as useless filler. I didn't take it seriously until now

I already knew Li Long had story ties, but this was before I had any hope of the game having more than Amy and Cass as post launch legacy characters. I simply set aside this story beat as useless filler. I didn't take it seriously until now
So you’re saying... you believe in Hwang, now? :sc3hwang1:

But I’ve been saying it for a while now too, all the stories being canon and relevant is one of my favorite things about SoulCalibur VI. If it’s there, it can be considered important, no longer can we just throw away things as pipe dreams or silly side stories.

-laughs in iDOLM@STER-

(Also Tales, to some extent.)

It’s not that it’s a terrible idea overall, though, I just think they have enough on their plate as it is.
Isn’t the Tales Mobile games the only extent to this? Tales of the Rays is built just like FF.
Because the consoles ones are just pay to win. Instead of beating the game normally you can buy the bonuses you would normally get from new game plus. And buying cosmetics doesn’t really count to me.

Then who would take over the kingdom that is the Shitposting thread? Kappa
20190819_091639.png
20190819_091849.png
20190819_091942.png
20190819_092024.png

Back