Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Will the seven competitors not be revealed until the time of the event?

I checked the official site and all eight players are still blanked out, obviously the invited ones must know who they are by now. I heard Keev is one of the seven but I also heard Kayane being mentioned. It would make sense to have both Evo winners there so Yuttoto could be going.
They had a stream the night of the announcement. They announced Skyll and Lolo. The winner of the Asia League will also get an invite.

They're gonna space out the other four announcements. They mentioned winning showings against international competition was big so I'd assume Keev and Yuttoto for their Evo wins especially since they showed their award ceremonies in the video. And most likely linkorz and Bluegod just for the sheer number of tournaments they've either won or been runner up in. Also a bit of a tip off that they haven't signed up for the play-in tournament, even though linkorz was definitely in the twitch chat when registration for the event opened up.

Kayane would have had to play in cause she hadn't won a tournament until after they were inviting people, but she can't attend anyways cause Paris Games Week that weekend is a big part of her day job.

whatever happened to linkrkc from evo 2018 pre release tournament?
He came back for Evo 2019 but didn't last long after all the time off.

This is what they updated in today's patch: movelist files for every character. No other files were touched (aside from trivial stuff which always gets updated whenever you "cook" a new build in UE4).

I assume that means the new moves for the characters are somewhat prepared now and have been placed in the games files early?
Could it mean Season 2 soon?

Amy
22_88KB
2A+G
Now now now now.

I assume that means the new moves for the characters are somewhat prepared now and have been placed in the games files early?
Could it mean Season 2 soon?

Amy
22_88KB
2A+G
Now now now now.
No, they haven't added new moves. The files for move properties and animations are separate, and no animations files were changed or added in the patch.

SOULCALIBUR VI - Update Ver. 1.51 :sc2cas2:
  • Game System Adjustments
We fixed unexpected issues that may affect battles in Update Ver. 1.50 Patch Notes, released on August 5th, 2019.
(Please note that once the patch is applied, the replay data from previous versions can no longer be replayed due to the game system adjustment)
  • Some attacks that give chip damage to guarding opponents
We fixed an issue where, despite the fact that chip damage cannot knock-out opponents even when their HP gauge is reduced to zero, this was not the case for Cassandra's "Keraunos Finisher" or "Shield Big Bang".
  • Force Act
Cassandra can now only restore the guard stamina by performing Force Act during battles.
  • Cassandra: "Admonishing Angel"
As its tracking performance when hitting an opponent in the air was much higher than expected, sometimes the opponent could not avoid the attack by aerial control. Therefore, the tracking performance in this scenario and also the height the opponent flies in the air with the second attack are now decreased.
  • Cassandra: "Angel Kick-off"
We fixed an issue where an opponent rolling on the ground in downed position sometimes fell off the stage when hit by this attack.
  • Cassandra: "Guardian's Knee"/"Seraphim Cyclone"
We fixed an issue where these throws were sometimes successful to opponents in the air instead of crouching opponents.
  • Cassandra: "Shield Super Nova"/"Shield Big Bang"
We fixed an issue where an attack to Cassandra when she is starting up these attacks were not judged as counter attacks.
  • Azwel: "No More Naysayer"
As its tracking performance was increased in Ver.1.50 update, sometimes an opponent could not avoid the attack by moving sideway. Therefore, the tracking performance is now decreased.

We are continuously checking and investigating other unexpected issues. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
:6:Link:4:

Sorry I’m late with the response. In the long run characters movelist will have to be adapted as their storylines progress. Will the changes between a Dark Legacy Sieg be different than Soul Calibur Sieg? Why chuck the whole Dark Legacy when you can have the option to simply alter what the Soul Calibur style is. If any of you are familiar with the Guilty Gear games that had alternate movelist for the characters. They were listed as “SP” “EX.” This way you would always have a base movelist but you would have their gimmicks adapted based on the characters story progression. This could work for Aeon as well because one Critical Edge could be SC1 moveset, another could be SC5 moveset. Yoshimitsu, Raphael, also have story elements that redefined them. It’s not the first game that a character would have multiple super moves. It would just be more so like SF Third Strike that you can only select one for the round.

Sorry I’m late with the response. In the long run characters movelist will have to be adapted as their storylines progress. Will the changes between a Dark Legacy Sieg be different than Soul Calibur Sieg? Why chuck the whole Dark Legacy when you can have the option to simply alter what the Soul Calibur style is. If any of you are familiar with the Guilty Gear games that had alternate movelist for the characters. They were listed as “SP” “EX.” This way you would always have a base movelist but you would have their gimmicks adapted based on the characters story progression. This could work for Aeon as well because one Critical Edge could be SC1 moveset, another could be SC5 moveset. Yoshimitsu, Raphael, also have story elements that redefined them. It’s not the first game that a character would have multiple super moves. It would just be more so like SF Third Strike that you can only select one for the round.

What? They aren't going to drastically alter character movelists for those already in SC6. Maybe siegfried will lose his dark legacy stuff in SC7. Cassandra and Amy will hopefully lose their cringe gimmicks.

Who cares though? SC6 is not going to be dropped tomorrow. This game isn't even a year old and I suspect we won't be getting a sequel for at least 3-5 more years.

I won't be dying to use Siegfried's dark legacy in 2024 that's for sure.

I kinda wish Amy had a better way of keeping track of her Rose count. Maybe like a hud of her red/white roses near her health or soul meter with a number count near each of them for all the roses that have successfully hit.
That would be good. Many times I've completely lost track and was surprised that I didn't already reached four stacks. Made me even think that it's bugged or something

@Dissidia I will. I don’t want to pick up SC3-5 to play with Soul Calibur Sieg. This rendition has been my favorite in all the series, same goes for Kilik.

@Dissidia I will. I don’t want to pick up SC3-5 to play with Soul Calibur Sieg. This rendition has been my favorite in all the series, same goes for Kilik.
For the most part, I've enjoyed the new gimmicks. Amy's roses kinda suck, in my opinion, but mostly cause I keep forgetting them. Otherwise, I mostly enjoyed them or are neutral on them. Things like dark legacy are awesome and frankly, I hope Sieg doesn't lose it. I'd rather he just git a more Soul Calibur-esque version in later games.

That’s an excellent example of what I mean by even though it appears to be Dark Legacy it could be have its own individuality itself as a Soul Charge. Seeing as Soul Calibur covers his wounds and also auto pilots him when he is overwhelmed. This also would be the SC5 Siegfried and for reasons I personally stated...I Don’t Want The Story To Progress That Far Ever Again. Personally me wanting multiple Critical Edges means that the game could potentially just keep retelling the stage of history without proceeding to that epic finale for another decade of my life not fearing the repeat their previous short comings. And another thing,
If Groh is Zwei, If Amy is Viola. Having the different Critical Edges can simply change the characters moveset like I suggested with Aeon.
This will resist the how many ways can we put Ryu and Evil Ryu into a game despite what we wrote ourselves into a wall due to the narrative.

I certainly hope Setsuka returns as a faux-oiran in style, especially since the setting looks to be before she went out more blatantly as a vengeful European. The makeup, hair and accessories of the entertainment districts were fabulously referenced in her introductory styling, and personally the only other outfit of I can appreciate is the clearly European casual 1800s complete with lace parasol. However,
Best Setsuka.
latest
Preach the truth, good sir.

Back