Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

No the numbering doesn't matter at all. They probably get assigned those numbers by steam or something.

Tekken 7 Season 2 content is in the 800,000's for numbering. Tekken 7 Season 3 content is in the 1,000,000's in numbering.

As an aside. they also added 3 dlc files to tekken 7
Well it still matters in that the groupings are still localized, meaning the newest entry isn't related to season two, if nothing else, I think.

Though it's weird to me that they didn't just keep using numbers between 874345 and 874360, since it seemed like they reserved those for future content.

I'm not sure about Tekken, though it looks like they didn't pre-allocate enough slots for their season 3 stuff, so they added them. There's only one other slot left before the three new ones they just added, and they still had at least two more characters and a stage to come out. For us, we already had enough slots for all the season 2 offerings, so this definitely seems like something else for SoulCalibur VI.

Well it still matters in that the groupings are still localized, meaning the newest entry isn't related to season two, if nothing else, I think.

Though it's weird to me that they didn't just keep using numbers between 874345 and 874360, since it seemed like they reserved those for future content.

I'm not sure about Tekken, though it looks like they didn't pre-allocate enough slots for their season 3 stuff, so they added them. There's only one other slot left before the three new ones they just added, and they still had at least two more characters and a stage to come out. For us, we already had enough slots for all the season 2 offerings, so this definitely seems like something else for SoulCalibur VI.

There will not be anything season 3 related until they are ready to announce it. This extra dlc will just be an anniversary or extra goodie.

When they announce or are about to announce new content we see an explosion of new dlc sprout up. We haven't even gotten season 2 yet. Its way to earlier to think they have Season 3 all fired up and ready to go

There will not be anything season 3 related until they are ready to announce it. This extra dlc will just be an anniversary or extra goodie.

When they announce or are about to announce new content we see an explosion of new dlc sprout up. We haven't even gotten season 2 yet. Its way to earlier to think they have Season 3 all fired up and ready to go
I agree with the premise of what you're saying, but Tekken 7 even showed that that might possibly not be the case, since they didn't make enough spots for their own season three. I do lean towards some kind of anniversary special, but you never know, it could also be a season three tease. Or it could just be the music they forgot to include with Cassandra from SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V.

I agree with the premise of what you're saying, but Tekken 7 even showed that that might possibly not be the case, since they didn't make enough spots for their own season three. I do lean towards some kind of anniversary special, but you never know, it could also be a season three tease. Or it could just be the music they forgot to include with Cassandra from SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V.

They now almost have enough slots for tekken 7 season 3. Add one more dlc file and youve got season 3 filled out

1162602Stage or featureabout 7 hours ago
1162601Character 4about 7 hours ago
1162600Character 3about 7 hours ago
1147580Leroy will go here28 days ago
1114561TEKKEN 7 - DLC10: Zafinaabout 18 hours ago
1114560TEKKEN 7 - SP3 Bonus Character Customization Itemsabout 18 hours ago
1114550TEKKEN 7 - Season Pass 3about 18 hours ago

Right, but my point is that they didn't have enough slots, so that explains their added slots. We already had enough slots, so ours is extra.

3392b222625a3374f62f8555f3460381.png

So actually having a look at the SteamDB items, do you think the new entry could be a premature confirmation of a season 3? It's totally offset, the AppID:

The DLC7-DLC14 will probably be jumbled up, looking at the first season pass, but there's definitely enough slots for it. If it was, for whatever reason, some kind of extra free bonus, it's maybe a little odd that the number is after the season pass numbers, though if it wasn't planned, and a surprise just added, it could still be whatever. It's probably not related to the second season pass, though, if the numbers amount to anything.
Can't go wrong with free stuff! Who knows, maybe we get our lizard boi Aeon as a free DLC since he's already partially in the game and it would be controversial to make people pay for him. Or maybe we get Edge Master as a free DLC. Either way, it would be cool if Bandai Namco gives us a free thank you DLC like SNK did.

So, any chance we'll get info at all before January or are we just going to be dark until then?

This waiting is really killing me.

So, any chance we'll get info at all before January or are we just going to be dark until then?

This waiting is really killing me.
I don't think you'll have to wait until January to get any further details on the content, but I think Nov-Dec is probably the earliest you will get character confirmations (aside from Haohmaru) and probably we will not see any releases until into the early months of 2020 at the earliest, I would think. But honestly, we can only speculate to within very large windows, based on the info available on Season 2 to date.

Last edited:
I expect the season 2 update to be mid October inline with the retail release of the game. I'm really looking forward to all the character changes and new moves that are on the way, I hope everyone gets some solid quality of life changes like season 3 did for Tekken 7.

My guess on the timeline for the first half of Season 2:

Soulcalibur World Invitational Nov 2nd: Season 2 trailer with first character
Mid December: Season 2 release
Evo Japan end of January: First in game Haohmaru trailer
March sometime: Haohmaru release

Back