Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

After reading the link Dante provided, I find it funny how there’s a section for fictional characters with the name and Seong Mi-na is the only character listed.

Seong Mina's like 002 in the game files right after mitsurugi no ? I could be wrong, but i'd imagine the characters with the earliernumbers to be developed first

Seong Mina's like 002 in the game files right after mitsurugi no ? I could be wrong, but i'd imagine the characters with the earliernumbers to be developed first

What's the order number of all the characters because I get the feeling that Mina is that number 002 she might have been the second character developed for the series since Soul Blade.

What's the order number of all the characters because I get the feeling that Mina is that number 002 she might have been the second character developed for the series since Soul Blade.

Yeah I think the CAS screen shows characters in development order via the games. Unfortunately DLC for 2B Amy and Cass are listed at the bottom for obvious reasons. But tira is next to Zasalamel as she was intended for main roster/cut for dlc

00 Mitsurugi
01 Seong Mi-na
02 Taki
03 Maxi
04 Voldo
05 Sophitia
06 Siegfried
07 Ivy
08 Kilik
09 Xianghua
0A Yoshimitsu
0B Nightmare
0C Astaroth
0D Cervantes
0E Raphael
0F Talim
10 Tira
11 Zasalamel
12 Inferno
13 Grøh
14 Azwel
15 Geralt
16 Lizardman
1C 2B
1D Amy
1E Cassandra

00 Mitsurugi
01 Seong Mi-na
02 Taki
03 Maxi
04 Voldo
05 Sophitia
06 Siegfried

It could just be a coincidence but it's pretty much 60% of the original cast. Maxi's spot could have been Li Long's but that wouldn't explain why Cervantes is so far down unless he was specially labelled in Soul Blade like boss or something. There's no real confirmation unless we look into the code of past games.

It could just be a coincidence but it's pretty much 60% of the original cast. Maxi's spot could have been Li Long's but that wouldn't explain why Cervantes is so far down unless he was specially labelled in Soul Blade like boss or something.
souledge-fly.jpg

The total of characters on the games is of fifteen selectable characters: eight in the original arcade release, ten in the fixed arcade version, and fifteen in the home version:
  1. Mitsurugi
  2. Siegfried
  3. Taki
  4. Li Long
  5. Sophitia
  6. Rock
  7. Seong Mi-na
  8. Voldo
  9. Hwang
  10. Cervantes
  11. Soul Edge
  12. Seong Han-Myeong
  13. Siegfried! (Nightmare)
  14. Sophitia! (without armor)
  15. Sophitia!! (wearing a one-piece swimsuit)

I gotta love how the gap between new info/releases is so large I begin to lose interest in what I'm even waiting for....
Yeah, I really think Cassandra should have been revealed during E3 and then released on EVO. Not gonna lie, the hype for me died down due to lack of teasers at the time. The hype may have reached a huge peak during EVO but there really was no sense of anticipation or excitement that built up since Cassandra is released the day after and it's all sated. Now we're all just left to starve since the only big information we got out of the Season 2 reveal is that we get Haohmaru and that they will change up some of the gameplay system.

I'd rather we get constant teasers that are spread out properly to maintain excitement than an information overload of amazing things in a single day. Granted, they probably made headlines for revealing multiple upcoming content in a single day.

I'd rather we get constant teasers that are spread out properly to maintain excitement than an information overload of amazing things in a single day. Granted, they probably made headlines for revealing multiple upcoming content in a single day.
While I recognize this is a reasonable "your mileage may vary" sort of thing, I also have to say this is a sentiment I've never understood: I just don't see the value in being kept in the dark about upcoming content for longer than is necessary. In other words, if there were six characters being released in a given year, I would rather know all six on day one than be spoon-fed one reveal every two months, if it were a matter of free choice. To me the wait is more reasonable with no mystery involved, especially if that mystery came about as an artificial construct used in an effort to prop up enthusiasm.

And honestly, even if they had gone farther than just revealing Haohmaru and a rough outline of the rest of the season two content, it seems to me there would actually be more hype for most veteran players, since you could speculate on what the returning or new characters would ultimately look like, play-wise. Yes indeed, I would gladly trade up to knowing the exact identities of the Season 2 Four in an instant if I could. But I guess those of you who have a preference for info being doled out slowly are fortunate in that regard, because Namco definitely leans much more closely towards that approach as opposed to full info dumps--particularly for Soulcalibur.

2 month ago, Kissandra released + promised Season 2 = steamchart of SC raised from 200 to 1600
Now, steamchart of SC returns from 1600 to 200

It seems that the problem is not in the lack of characters, not in patches, and not that the players have forgotten SC ( Street Fighter has about the same 1,500 -2000 online)
Lots of players want SС, they just got not what they wanted

The main hero of the game (Groh) is the weakest and most unpopular character (i dont see groh mainers on twitch and youtube).
The main villain of the game (Azwel) is undoubtedly the most powerful character
IMHO it says a lot about the game

Back