Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm just tired to seeing this crap, and it goes both ways. I've met trolls before who are nothing but trouble. I just believe the S2 is Hwang/Haohmaru/Setsuka/Newcomer, in that order. That's it. I know I'm not the only one either (again, I visit other sites). I'm tired of being told otherwise in a mean manner.
And if you feel that way that’s perfectly fine. But next time you should at the very least have the decency to respect others opinions on here and know when you should just agree to disagree with the other person and move along, instead of just going on this rampage of hyper aggressive posts and attacks towards others over a disagreement about a matter that is basically pure speculation. If you continue to behave viciously people will just stop taking your posts seriously and will regard you as the very thing you find troublesome; an Internet Troll. And you do want to be taken seriously about what you have to say, and you will be by being civil and approaching these matters calmly. Otherwise, you’ll just end up falling to the Dark Side of the Internet and becoming the same thing you wish to combat against.

No, Chie Long :sc2maxi2:
Soul_Calibur_New_Legends_Of_Project_Soul_033.JPG - Copia.jpg

Last edited:
Part of me wants to make a lesbian barbarian joke but I know it got a bit old
To be seriously tho - I hope that we will get some new characters with more down to earth weapons/styles in the future. Especially since there will be no more Geralt in future installments

I recorded a new podcast thing:

Includes babbling about:
  • The new season 2 trailer.
  • Speculation on when season 2 starts (I'm feeling fairly confident it will start November 28th).
  • Speculation on which characters we'll see for season 2.
  • AI upscaling stuffs.
  • And some misc topics (like talking about Raphael's best idle animation).

Rock with lesser Lizardman style?
Hell no!
Dante's syntax threw me for a second there as well, but I'm pretty certain she was not saying that Rock may be added with lesser Lizardman's style but rather that, if Rock is added in Season Two before Aeon/Lizardman can be added, then a version of Aeon with the Lesser Lizardman's style can be a foe in Rock's Soul Chronicle. Of course, Dante is the only one who is convinced that some version of Lizardman needs to appear in Rock's Soul Chronicle at some point. I'm not quite so sure that's an essential, but Dante spends more time obsessing over the lore of those early games than almost anyone, so may be on to something.

But whether or not Lizardman shows up Rock's SC, I'm leaning towards Rock being more likely as the capper in Season Two for a couple of reasons:
1) If we assume those colours in the S2 line-up graphic have some sort of bearing on the identity of the characters (and with yellow and cherry blossom pink being among them, I am pretty sure they do) then I have a hard time imagining that last spot belongs to Lizardman. Yes, it is grey and several of Lizardman's alts and even one of his main designs have prominently featured grey as a base colour, but the grey here is more of a white-ish grey, and surely Lizardman's colour would be either green or a mottled, darker grey? By contrast, it's hard to imagine a character who is a better match for a granite-like grey than Rock.​
2) We already have two Greek sword and shield characters, so, even though the series has never really shied away from similar-weapon styles and characters with similar weapons are more varied than ever in this game, I still think Lizardman is likely to not be seen as a priority for Season Two, from a gameplay variety and balance perspective. On the flip side, this game is seriously lacking in true heavy characters, with there being no more obvious choice among the remaining absintee legacy characters to fill that role than Rock. It'll be interesting to see how they further distinguish him from Astaroth, but with neither Nightmare nor Siegfried operating like super heavies in this game--nor indeed did they in SCV--I think the devs will probably not want to pass up the opportunity S2 affords to balance the roster in this respect.​

Last edited:
Personally I think the most likely outcome for Season Two is Hwang, Haohmaru, Setsuka, and either Rock or Aeon/Lizardman in the fourth spot. And then if there is a Season Three (and I think its more likely than not that there will be): Rock or Lizardman/Aeon in the first spot, followed by Li Long, Yun-seong, and lastly either Hilde or an extreme outside chance of a final guest. I think a new original character is probably unlikely even in a hypothetical Season Three.
I agree that we will probably get another "season" of content but what is more likely to me is that season being produced into 2021 for an upscaled re-release of SCVI on next gen consoles. Two-three new (new meaning new to SCVI not newcomers) characters plus all previous content would be great selling points for buying a three year old game.

@Alexandra what of the rumblings that ps5 and Xbox two being BC with ps4 and xbone? Wouldn’t that remove the need for an upscaled version?
I hadn’t heard those rumors but if they are going that route I’d be happy to buy the game again if they gave PS5/New Xbox owners additional content. Not exclusive, but maybe something bundled with a new copy of the game.

I’d cringe if they went ahead to add platform exclusive content.

i wonder if they are considering to bring SC6 to the switch, if so in this case the platform exclusive content would become a possibility, but as it is now that wont happen, the only chance where that would have happened is at release with character exclusives for each console.

Back